Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Somebody asked me earlier this week about the blood moon and this event, to which I replied "Yeah if you get to see it", and again yesterday my son commented about it, and I said" Like the total eclipse, you can guarantee it WILL be the one night in ages that will be cloudy".. Hmm well unless this clag shifts, given current humidity levels I'll be surprised, we will be unlikely to see much. Lack of wind also suggests anything present is unlikely to move away.RH levels still rising and Wareham Weather has the cloud base @ 1373ft,  so it'll need something good and healthy to move it along..But as the duration of the eclipse is so long at least there's hope for something, although I have seen one of these events previously when I was in San Francisco and it was quite spectacular..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and snow

i am despondent that Salisbury in Wiltshire is not the firing line from thunderstorms  as i am staying  at my dads this weekend and i want to see a thunderstorm to night in my part of the UK ?

Posted
15 minutes ago, tomdewey said:

i am despondent that Salisbury in Wiltshire is not the firing line from thunderstorms  as i am staying  at my dads this weekend and i want to see a thunderstorm to night in my part of the UK ?

To be honest it was not likely to happen and hasn't so I guess we are where we thought we would be at this time "Between a rock and a hard place...."

Posted

I know it is frustrating timing with tonight's cloud marring the eclipse and for me personally that my boy's birthday weekend is looking cooler/wet, however we really shouldn't complain! ....

.... 31 of the last 35 days have been above 26c with the majority of those above 28c. 

Posted

According to folklore if it doesn't rain for 68 days,it will never rain again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Well this is a bit s@it again.... can’t see eclipse, crazy storms in  England but not here. No complaints about the summer before today, really, it is unprecedented, but come on! Missed so much ‘spectacular’ weather here in Stroud this summer - all the storms so far, and now the bloody eclipse! Moonrise here last night was brilliant to be fair, ‘some’ cloud gave it real depth. Can’t see nothing tonight but non productive boring cloud.

Rant over, apologies, had a few! 

Edited by SilverWolf
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

So the weather decides to really take the mick by giving numerous clear patches around here since around 9pm but it remained cloudy to the south east, god damn it! 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Smartie said:

So the weather decides to really take the mick by giving numerous clear patches around here since around 9pm but it remained cloudy to the south east, god damn it! 

It’ll probably clear around 10:30, ah just as the eclipse ends...

Posted

Eclipse has been visible here since it began to pass out of the shadow, probably couldn't see it earlier because the haze blocked it out. 

Budget smartphone camera provides the evidence!

20180727_223739.jpg

20180727_224235.jpg

Edited by MrMoonlight
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I got to see it from here as well. The cloud broke at the perfect time!

I see the MetO are showing 12 hours of rain on & off for Sunday, and winds gusting to 45mph. Camp Bestival will be a nightmare! 

• Like 1

Posted

We had 0.8mm rain in total yesterday.between 3pm and 6pm and 1.2mm between 2am to 4am.
19.6c at midnight and a low of 16c at 6am.

A bright sunny morning, 16.5c, 1004 hpa. SW wind has picked up now and again this morning, 9-16mph with some 20-34mph gusts.

Edited by lettice

Posted

Bit of rain in the night.  Badly needed for the garden.

quite breezy now but sunny with some fast moving high clouds.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Woken at 03.00 by heavy rain which I now see from the radar was the middle of a line of showers.  Produced 4.1mm and a much fresher, cleaner feel out there.

Only saw the moon at 00.30 when all the action was over!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Actually had to get up a few hours ago to shut my bedroom window because of the wind!

Positively autumnal feeling out there this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
14 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Very autumnal and very welcome. A very wet day to come tomorrow, then back to summer. Perfect really except I've agreed to host 13 in the garden tomorrow

Yep I'm going to a BBQ too lol. 

• Like 1

Posted

The Atlantic has well and truly blown in this morning. When was the last time we had a morning this fresh?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

8.6c outside im in shock! 

Heavy rain and hail just went through.

Posted

Morning All, seemed as though it was a tad breezy during the night, as the neighbours garden umbrella ended up on my drive after jumping a 6ft fence!. A lot fresher feel to the morning, and the plants look slightly revived this morning after a drop of the crystal clear liquid.

• Like 1