Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Ooops, forgot the amount we had last night between 1:50am and 2:30am, 1.7mm.
That rain has bought loads of slugs out, not seen hardly any of those for a good month in the veg garden. Picked them up and now in the nematode bucket to brew.

Posted
11 hours ago, gower84 said:

It’s raining a bit here in poole! That small of fresh rain is lovely (at 8 months pregnant I am desperate for the weather to change, my poor feet!)

I remember well being 8 months pregnant in a very hot July and the only relief for my poor feet was the kids paddling pool 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!
51 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

I remember well being 8 months pregnant in a very hot July and the only relief for my poor feet was the kids paddling pool 

Yep, that’s been me! My 3year old doesn’t like the heat either so he enjoys cooling off in the pool! Only 5 weeks or so to go (you wait, it will start raining again then!)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

No measurable rain here, looking at the radar from last night the heavier rain just missed here, so the 36 dry days and counting continues. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
6 minutes ago, matt111 said:

No measurable rain here, looking at the radar from last night the heavier rain just missed here, so the 36 dry days and counting continues. 

Yer again sat between you & Mapantz, I pulled the half way measure. You had nothing Mapantz had 2.6mm, and I picked up 1mm.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Just a few spots of rain last night here, 1 minute duration.

Just enough to make my car look filthy with all the dust...Not going to bother washing it.

Dryer than I have ever seen the Isle of Wight in the nearly 29 years i have lived here.

Posted
57 minutes ago, MrMoonlight said:

After it rained last night there appears to spots of sand/dust all over the cars!

Instead of cleaning anything off it made it dirtier!

Have to say(ssshhhh) it rained because I washed my car for the first time since I picked it up 3 months ago...that's why it rained....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Just travelling over Bodmin through a shower 

Posted

Not sure how much rain we had overnight, but there was enough to leave the soil around the plants looking wet, so maybe a couple of mm?

Another lovely day here, plenty of cloud to the north and west but very pleasant. What an incredible year 2018 is turning out to be weather wise!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
46 minutes ago, Super_Uwe said:

Not sure how much rain we had overnight, but there was enough to leave the soil around the plants looking wet, so maybe a couple of mm?

Another lovely day here, plenty of cloud to the north and west but very pleasant. What an incredible year 2018 is turning out to be weather wise!

Totally agree 

Is best in my lifetime . 

Posted

8.8mm last night, bringing July up to 25.7mm. You can see we had as much as anywhere looking at the 24 hour accumulation.

615053243_rainaccu21stjuly.thumb.png.f6140558b1ae7a27b922d7e14352ef1c.png

Cloud and a bit of drizzle cleared by late morning and it became another nice day with a max of 24.2c.

Posted

Morning All, an overnight low of 14.8C  led us in to another partly cloud yet warm day. Currently 27.3C with a very light breeze.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Very warm and feels rather muggy. Completely blue skies apart from a few UFO clouds!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

28.0c. Humidity 31% rh. 1000.2 hPa. Sunny with a few clouds.. Calm. Too hot.. 

Posted

Incredible summer continues here, managed to miss Friday's evening light rain meaning we still haven't had any rain since June 7th (45 days!!!!). Broken the previous record of 32 days in 2013 by a mile! Could even get away with another dry week with pressure remaining high enough next week.

Slowly feeling more oppressive day by day now, currently 28c and feeling muggy.

Edited by Dean E

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Surprised when I looked at the temperature just now as it was only 21.7°C, it feels much warmer than that. Blue skies all day and breezy at times. 

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure, snow + alll extremes of weather

Temperatures not far off 30c this afternoon, which is pretty rare off a westerly for this location and testament to the remarkable summer we’re having.