Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunderstorms and snow

Some dark clouds around Warminster  but not doing much and no lighting on the real lighting maps at moment in south and west and southeast of England 

received_10160888153445724.jpeg

received_10160888151375724.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Quite surprised the rain band to the NW has also made it this far SE, I feel in Bristol we’re just the wrong side of the convergence zone. We shall see!

Edited by Ben Sainsbury

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
24 minutes ago, tomdewey said:

Some dark clouds around Warminster  but not doing much and no lighting on the real lighting maps at moment in south and west and southeast of England 

Pictures taken from my drone at 50ft looking towards Warminster, looks like something is developing

BD1DE619-0350-4F11-90EE-8694B4D92EB0.jpeg

BB3F503D-6971-4807-95DA-B39F38BF740F.jpeg

Edited by fromey
Spelling

Posted
43 minutes ago, tomdewey said:

Plus some more taken at ground level, looks more developed, took these 10 mins after the others

EADA64D3-4946-4D95-B358-FCDF7708D1ED.jpeg

CAD54EE3-2B3C-4B85-91D3-D3F201F7412B.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!

It's raining! In Wantage!  For the first time since I don't know when. There's been a 'pavement pizza' outside my flat for weeks (not my doing!) hopefully the desiccated remains will finally be washed away!  

Think I can hear rumbles in the distance.

Edited by Mike Poole

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Just now, Mike Poole said:

It's raining! In Wantage!  For the first time since I don't know when. There's been a 'pavement pizza' outside my flat for weeks (not my doing!) hopefully the desiccated remains will finally be washed away!  

Ewww! Raining here too but barely enough to even measure on the rain gauge.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Radar is showing some appreciable shower activity over head with bright echoes but nothing is is reaching the ground. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

it is raining. might get a decent amount. rain radar shows rain to the northwest.

Posted
1 hour ago, Nights King said:

Radar is showing some appreciable shower activity over head with bright echoes but nothing is is reaching the ground. 

Noticed that as well, sat under a nice big yellow radar return but nothing hitting the ground!! 

Posted

lt's due to how high the pressure is and more than likely how dry the air/atmosphere actually is in this remarkable summer. To get proper rain it seems we require real instability like happened locally last Friday and has occurred to some extent further NE this evening. The same thing happened on a Wednesday afternoon several weeks ago when a front pushed up from the South.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

1.6mm in the gauge a couple of minutes ago.  Everything smells lovely and fresh, my OH reckons he can hear the grass growing!

Posted
1 hour ago, Andy Bown said:

lt's due to how high the pressure is and more than likely how dry the air/atmosphere actually is in this remarkable summer. To get proper rain it seems we require real instability like happened locally last Friday and has occurred to some extent further NE this evening. The same thing happened on a Wednesday afternoon several weeks ago when a front pushed up from the South.

It's going to be dry Again by tomorrow and it's going to be warming up again because the heatwave number three on it,s way but it's going to me to be dry or next week and I think it's going to come warm again like in the high 20s and 30° again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!

It’s raining a bit here in poole! That small of fresh rain is lovely (at 8 months pregnant I am desperate for the weather to change, my poor feet!)

Posted

Very warm one today, 27.1C (and 25.8C yesterday).

It's chucking it down now. I seem to be 100% perfectly in the firing line again (like 1st July). Like that would happen if it was something interesting such as a thunderstorm, or conditions weren't interestingly dry (though we are less dry than most places due to the 1st July). Nah, last time was the 3rd March to make sure we lost the snow cover first lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Always interesting looking at my graphs and seeing the pressure rise just before small areas of rainfall hit.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

I thought I heard thunder in distance but there's no lightning on real lightning maps it must of  been army airplanes.

Edited by tomdewey

Posted

Between 1:50am and 2:30am we had rain!
That was 33 days without any rain.
The last rain we had that my rain meter recorded was 15th/17th June of 0.2mm and 0.1mm. The last significant rainfall was June 7th.

Its dried up very quickly, a very bright sunny morning.
Was 18.4c at midnight, a low of 17c at 4am and now 19.1c, 1013.2 hpa

Posted

Added another 0.5mm overnight, So total is 2.1 which is more than the whole of this June.