Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Beautiful convective sky bubbling up this morning on the school run - it's yielded some results as we've just had some more RAIN!!! 

We're clearly very special here.

Posted

The military have managed to cause fires on Salisbury Plain! I can periodically see smoke drifting across to my ENE.

Posted
11 hours ago, jy said:

Much as I understand peoples interest in extremes,that aside,things are starting to get a bit iffy,many trades are doing well from this weather,but others are suffering badly too,gardeners and growers wondering where the next drop of rain is coming from,local garden centres reporting a collapse of footfall,its not a rant or moan,just an observation as to how a particular weather type can affect people so differently.

It's a fair point. Anything above 28 is distinctly uncomfortable for anyone doing physical, heavy work, or inside non air conditioned buildings. I work in a barn which is prone to extremes and we've had extreme heat and cold already this year! Still not as bad as having to teach 30 bad tempered kids in a class with Windows on 2 sides 

29 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

It's a fair point. Anything above 28 is distinctly uncomfortable for anyone doing physical, heavy work, or inside non air conditioned buildings. I work in a barn which is prone to extremes and we've had extreme heat and cold already this year! Still not as bad as having to teach 30 bad tempered kids in a class with Windows on 2 sides 

Really? I ran 10k yesterday at lunchtime outside in a temp of 31c, time was just ten seconds outside a Pb.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Another lovely day with sunshine and warmth I have even bought new t-shirts this year!

Long may it continue, makes me laugh people moaning about lack of rain.. it will make up for it sooner or later 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Very cloudy here as well, with interesting cloud formation. I see Exeter are having a heavy shower or two. 

Very breezy but very humid .  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Sunny day about to go with cloud moving in. All manner of clouds too including UFOs.

I thought tomorrow and Thursday were supposed to be the cloudier days!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Windy & a little cloudy, but still warm - currently 27.7c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Absolutely blowing a hoolie here! Temp almost 7 degrees down on yesterday. Possible rain incoming too. I don't remember any of this being mentioned on yesterday's forecast?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Feels a bit cooler today, cloudier not long ago but clear skies at the moment. Temperature dropping at the moment even though it’s sunnier now than it was, currently 23.1°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Brightened up again here after about ten drops of rain lol . 

Wind really quite brisk , but again warm and humid too. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Warmed up again now after it briefly cooled down earlier. Back up to 25.3°C. 

Edited by matt111

Posted
4 hours ago, Alderc said:

Really? I ran 10k yesterday at lunchtime outside in a temp of 31c, time was just ten seconds outside a Pb.

Must be me then. I work out daily and it's been 28 + in the gym for over a week in the afternoons. I've taken to going early as possible, though may not be possible at the end of the week when I'm doing the early shift

Posted
2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Absolutely blowing a hoolie here! Temp almost 7 degrees down on yesterday. Possible rain incoming too. I don't remember any of this being mentioned on yesterday's forecast?

Bit of instability and convection earlier, and felt noticeably cooler. 26c and humidity 18% now. No sign of any rain for the foreseeable

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All types

UK weather forecast: Summer 2018 to be 'HOTTEST EVER' as 24hour Level 3 heat alert issued and BRITAIN is about to get EVEN HOTTER next week as forecasters warn heatwave conditions could hold out all summer - making Summer 2018 one of the hottest, if not the hottest, on record. a

Government health alert across southern England was this morning ramped up to one stage below ‘national emergency’.

The level-3 heat watch advisory, issued by the Met Office with Public Health England (PHE), will remain in place until tomorrow night.

Charities and ambulance staff reiterated warnings to take extra care with extreme heat bringing a risk of serious illness or even death.

Blazing sunshine could trigger a new UK record with the mercury expected to push past 38C (100F) by mid-month.

UK weather models show thermometers widely touching 30C (86F) next week with some spots nudging 37C (98.6F).

With no sign of a cool-down for at least the next four weeks forecasters expect this to be one of, if not the, hottest summers on record.

High pressure wedged over the UK refuses to budge as Britain bakes in one of the longest heatwaves for more than 40 years.

UK-weather-forecast-July-2018-summer-BBC-weather-982665.webp

Edited by Tom dewey likes thunder

Posted

Sunny, breezy and warm today. Some nice cumulus/alto turrets this morning. Interesting clouds around midday, alto cumulus being stretched and twisted in waves, Kelvin-Helmholtz ish? Also being watching the cumulnimbus on the horizon over the channel in the last hour. Good cloud day!

DSC_0070.JPG

Posted

Well that's a bit different, generally cloudy, temp dropping below 20C at times this afternoon and breezy for a time making it feel a little cool if anything. A brief heavy shower about 3pm.

It did reach 23.2C with a bit of sunshine this morning.

Currently mostly cloudy and 19.8C. Rather different to areas further north and east.

Posted

I remember in 1976 sleeping on our sun beds in the garden as it was too hot in the house!

but it’s not too hot to disturb sleep this year.

temp here 21c at present.

not much sun today, warm, very windy and a few drops of rain and black clouds.

why the warnings of danger to health?   Australia and Goa, our holiday destinations, manage ok.  Just saying!