Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Was a waste today, even looked initially like we might see some rain (which the plants really would appreciate) and yet it faded and moved to the east as a final resort. Still find it interesting that the NW SR model showed nothing down here for what popped up from the channel. Maybe it's bust! Oh well into next week here's hoping for some precip just to make the plants grow..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Typically the cloud cleared completely just before 5pm lol, so a lovely evening. Just a shame it had to cloud over for the key part of the day. Busy all day and Monday so have to hope Tuesday will be a nice day.

Posted

We were down in Southbourne early doors and it was lovely, but you could see what was coming in from the channel. It gradually got worse through the day, as the cloud rolled in, but we're back home now and outside as it's still warm.

Yesterday evening was a bonus. It was a cracker.

Posted

I saw the radar early this morning with a large storm cluster over the North of France edging into the Channel.

All forecasts/apps showed it moving West while decaying. It would seem it headed North and has now developed into a broad area of light/moderate showery rain.

Now all previous forecasts for tomorrow are irrelevant and I suppose, while it hasn't been thundery over here, this shows how difficult forecasting is under slack pressure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Well we were down for a cloudy boring day but has been sunny up until 2 hours ago. Nice day for planting sweet peas and pruning.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Lovely conditions for fishing again and an empty beach. I can't believe how much sand has come back! For two years it was empty which meant the tide would always cut us off, as the water would come right up to the cliffs. I suspect the amount of Easterly winds has helped to bring all of the sand back.

dec25f080d8821348e38c0b974dfd4b3.jpg

• Like 4

Posted

First bass of the season! At 5lb. Excuse the sand but he'll be eaten tomorrow.

5dbb574c1dcf519b79d947fd469ffe0d.jpg

• Like 3

It had started to brighten up considerably however in the space of about 10mins a layer of low status has rolled in / formed!! Infuriating 

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Not shark fin soup then, Mapantz?  Enjoy it, looks like a good one.

When is this interminable grey going to lift and give us some blue skies and sunshine?  It's not cold, but it's not so flipping warm either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Trying for the 3rd time to brighten up here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy but with the sun poking through it feels quite warm. 20.9°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

That was quick. Still mostly cloudy but with the sun out a bit more it’s already up to 22.2°C. Just waiting for the sea breeze to come in and ruin it, that’s if the cloud doesn’t. 

Posted

Completely sunny now :) 

Posted

Lovely and sunny here in Bath. The heat of being in a city makes it hard to even be outside even though it's only 23.7c!

Posted

A lot more blue sky visible now and feeling very warm in the sun. 22.9°C. 

Posted

A quick peak @24C before the cloud rolled in again, now back @ 22.9C. Models suggest some heavy rain possible over id Dorset, yet again I have to say I think they've lost the plot. Ah well, was hoping for some rain this week, but looks potentially unlikely until Weds/Thurs with patchy light rain. Come on mother nature your plants are wilting...

Posted

Temp topped off at 24.6c today which makes it in one of the top 10 warmest days this year.

BTW I don't have my own weather station, I just use a website that is owned by someone else in Bath: www.paulwilman.com

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Leon1 said:

Temp topped off at 24.6c today which makes it in one of the top 10 warmest days this year.

BTW I don't have my own weather station, I just use a website that is owned by someone else in Bath: www.paulwilman.com

I know Paul pretty well. We've been in discussion over the years, about our websites etc. Nice guy!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
5 hours ago, Leon1 said:

Very close to yours at 24.7C maximum. Lovely afternoon after the cloud cleared. Looks like a few more pleasant days before a cooler break later in the week.

Posted

Great for gardens, heavy rain in the night.   Just what we needed, it was getting like the Sahara out there!   

Sunny but broken cloud yesterday and lovely and warm for gardening and relaxing with the pa pers and a cup of tea in my deckchair.   Blackbirds fighting and bathing in their birdbath.  Entertainment at its best!

• Like 1

Posted

With an overnight low of 14.4C we look to climb unless the existing cloud thickens., Breeze is light from the NE, and the view across to Old Harry is clear this morning..