Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
2 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Second nearby storm of the morning, torrential rain and booming thunder but only a few flashes seen, I guess elevated storms above Stratocumulus. They have, again, developed very quickly!

I hope it's coming this way. The thunder from that storm is getting louder. 

Posted

Early daws yet. Lets see if the GFS has this. Its shown a few hours of thunder for a couple of runs, for my area - from midday. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Nothing much went on near me from what I know last night. Just lots of flashes to my north and west. Now it’s a clear and humid start to the day 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Oh? Some rumbles of thunder and dark clouds inbound!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
Just now, ThundersnowDays said:

Skies darkening and a flash of lightning with a loud rumble. :)

Im getting that too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

92198828-CD0D-4C0A-9E62-B51FCBF3B803.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

temp 18.7.dew point 17. 9mm of rain this morning.

Posted

25DF7D9D-FED7-4886-9990-C91A46972729.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

Pouring with rain, thunder and lightning all around. Had it, enjoyed it want my sun back now please!

Posted

Yes lots of rain and thunder

Posted

How the ruddy hell do you lot manage yummy storms and still to wake up to blue skys! I'm under that left of tosh from the East and got no action

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

still diddly squat here I'm starting to dispair....cool with slate grey skies again......this is without doubt the worst 'summery' spell that I can remember....apart from 2 hours yesterday afternoon, I haven't seen the sun since wednesday!!

Posted
2 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

How the ruddy hell do you lot manage yummy storms and still to wake up to blue skys! I'm under that left of tosh from the East and got no action

Hi Stormforce-beka 

The skies have cleared in Gosport about about 15 mins ago should be with you about 30 mins time there was a storm here apparently 5:30 am this morning but i was fast asleep after all the excitement from last night but the will be more opportunities today i think

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
4 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

still diddly squat here I'm starting to dispair....cool with slate grey skies again......this is without doubt the worst 'summery' spell that I can remember....apart from 2 hours yesterday afternoon, I haven't seen the sun since wednesday!!

If any justice we will get the lions share today - if the radar proves anything it’s that anything is possible!

also - daytime storms trump night time storms imho

Posted

13mm this hour and still raining.

18mm now. Loads of thunder and lightning but it's slowing going away now. Great storm. 

Edited by ThundersnowDays

Posted

Still thunder happening!!

• Like 1

Posted

Turning out to be a bright sunny morning, 19.8c, a little cloud but plenty of blue sky.
No chance of any thunder here today.
Wind SE has dropped to 1-2mph last hour or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Yep, there you go getting the clag from the line of storms to the North of me.

Hope to see some sun soon.

Posted

Heavy torrential rain and thunder here. Not a lot of lightning though. Hoping it all clears v soon as we have visitors coming for 1 oclock and hoping to sit and eat outside. Any thoughts on post-midday guys?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

oh what a surprise, that line of storms stretching towards bristol dies a quick death the moment it starts to move towards me, and the rain dies away as well, leaving just uniform grey skies yet again.....honestly can't believe how the crap the weather has been here, whereas areas not a million miles away bathe in the sun and see cracking storms at night, we see nothing but cloud and drizzle.......weekend plans have been totally ruined, family birthday bbq forced to be cancelled..... 'kin great