Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Wettest place in the UK yesterday was North Wyke with 16.4mm. The MetO's warning said places could see 80mm in 3 hours. hmm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Looking at details for tomorrow and I have to say it’s not looking good for our area again.

Was worried about this yesterday - if today didn’t work it was all going to be moving northwards, and that appears to be the trend

Posted

Yep, all gone North. GFS 18Z wants 5 hours of thunder storms for my area tomorrow lol. Well I will be very surprised if that comes off.

Posted
8 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

Yep, all gone North. GFS 18Z wants 5 hours of thunder storms for my area tomorrow lol. Well I will be very surprised if that comes off.

Ha the models haven’t got a clue may as well roll a dice

Posted

51 out of 52 Sundays I would love morning storms being on the way. This is the 1 I don't want them and here they come!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Not a sausage last night, if no storms happen today, then at least stay sunny. Don't want anyone else left over storm clag. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Had a nice 30 mins last night night looking at storms in the distance but never got woken up by the one that went over us... I would love a good storm today.

Posted

Nothing here either, some flashes in the far distance late last night but that was it, dont hold out much hope for today despite the Estofax warning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Just heard one rumble of thunder in the distance in the middle of a heavy downpour?

If anyone answers it would be great but how do thunderstorms keep on generating at night when there is no sun to power them on?

Posted

We had a little thunder and lightning that sounded quite distant around 10-11pm and a few light showers, 0.5mm, rest of night was dry.
Wind picked up late evening to 15-18mph and some 20-25mph NE gusts
A heavy shower of 2mm and a little more thunder and lightning in the distance from 6:30am to 7am.

Brightening up now with blue skies and light cloud.
16.5c and wind has moved SSW and dropped to 4-6mph

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Absolutely hammering down now and has been for the lqst30 mins or so. This will water the garden nicely  

Posted
15 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

Just heard one rumble of thunder in the distance in the middle of a heavy downpour?

If anyone answers it would be great but how do thunderstorms keep on generating at night when there is no sun to power them on?

Lots of distant rumbles here about 20 minutes ago but none nearby. 

Edited by ThundersnowDays

Posted
29 minutes ago, MrNooo said:

Nothing here either, some flashes in the far distance late last night but that was it, dont hold out much hope for today despite the Estofax warning!

Our chances this weekend are fading fast - they aren’t even particularly great storms either - definitely not what many outlets said we would probably have. Real let down.

• Like 1

Posted

Another small cell is moving through now. Just moderate rain. Nothing electrical.

Edit : Heavier now and we have a rumble.

Edited by jtay

Posted

Morning. Just about 15 minutes of lightning and thunder... not too impressive as the lightning strike rate was low.

More this morning then. Cells dotted around. One to the South of me firing.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Torrential rain here from 7.30 for about an hour, no lightning or thunder, now blue skies and sunshine, temp at 19.6°C.

Watched distant lightning for about an hour from 23.00 last evening, heard a few rumbles, but nothing close.  Just played back the radar and everything went round us!  Final total of exactly 10mm to 09.00. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

Morning all, well we manage to get some lightning here in Christchurch, but it wasn't as intense as I expected.

Lots of sheet lightning but very few forks or bolts. 

What are our prospects for the next few days? I'm hoping that's not it, here are a few shots I managed to capture at mudeford quay. 

Let's hope there will be more opportunities for storms in the next few days.

20180526230751_IMG_2372.JPG

20180526231400_IMG_2395.JPG

20180526231142_IMG_2386.JPG

20180526203714_IMG_2283.JPG

20180526225447_IMG_2308.JPG

20180526225854_IMG_2327.JPG

• Like 3

Posted

Second nearby storm of the morning, torrential rain and booming thunder but only a few flashes seen, I guess elevated storms above Stratocumulus. They have, again, developed very quickly!