Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
Just now, matt111 said:

Sort of, a few loud rumbles and a minute or so of heavy rain but otherwise it was too far east even for here. Decent show though. 

So the storm shield holds firm yet again..

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ashme said:

Flashes to the left of me, lightning to my right............ here I am, stuck in the middle of BUGGER ALL!!!

All the flashes and no thunder

Make cloud, quick! giphy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
2 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Blimey that died quickly, only 1 flash in the last 5 minutes! The 

little or no shear, so updrafts are getting quickly swamped....storms are firing along outflow boundaries hence the training effect....for those like myself who haven't seen any, then you're not likely too simply down to the physics at play

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
Just now, ajpoolshark said:

little or no shear, so updrafts are getting quickly swamped....storms are firing along outflow boundaries hence the training effect....for those like myself who haven't seen any, then you're not likely too simply down to the physics at play

You made a good call yesterday, in the convective thread. I honestly thought we may have been looking at a classic, sadly, not to be! Still, plenty of Summer to go for more chances.

Posted

Wind has picked up here any storms that get near here just die out not even had a drop of rain yet.. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

Wind has picked up here any storms that get near here just die out not even had a drop of rain yet.. 

1 minute ago, Frosty hollows said:

Massive storm here now

Imported from SE/London. More to come through. On course then. I might get this too.

Posted

18z EURO4 suggesting rain in to the North of our region/Midlands by 03z

18052703_2618.gif

Edited by Zephyr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Had some decent storms here this evening, the amount of lightning in them was quite impressive. The latest batch moved to the north and south of me but still gave a nice light show :). The storm earlier this evening gave a deluge and some loud cracks of thunder aswell as the lightning!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Just look at the 18Z..

viewimage.thumb.png.aff42371183baed42868f46cc76bc3ab.png 1370584046_viewimage(1).thumb.png.3ae40b61ac5b4413b8f2915b98a26c1b.png

an epic fail in not picking up anything in the SE (where the vast majority of the action is)...I used to have high regard for this model but it's been poor for some time now, the worst of the hi-res models IMHO....NW should ditch this model from their subscription suite and replace with something more accurate, hence the main reason I don't subscribe any more

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, ajpoolshark said:

an epic fail in not picking up anything in the SE (where the vast majority of the action is)...I used to have high regard for this model but it's been poor for some time now, the worst of the hi-res models IMHO....NW should ditch this model from their subscription suite and replace with something more accurate, hence the main reason I don't subscribe any more

With you on that. Quite a few hi-res models struggled with this, but not to the extent of the NetWx SR/MR though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
10 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Just look at the 18Z..

viewimage.thumb.png.aff42371183baed42868f46cc76bc3ab.png 1370584046_viewimage(1).thumb.png.3ae40b61ac5b4413b8f2915b98a26c1b.png

The second frames still got 25 minutes to be right. :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Oh to be in London right now ...!

I'd still pass on that, even if the UK's largest recorded supercell was going to hit. lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Oh to be in London right now ...!

Looks insane there. 

• Like 1

Posted

My average temp yesterday was 19.5C, exactly the same as the 26th last year - when the storms did hit.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .
12 minutes ago, Somerset Squall said:

Had some decent storms here this evening, the amount of lightning in them was quite impressive. The latest batch moved to the north and south of me but still gave a nice light show :). The storm earlier this evening gave a deluge and some loud cracks of thunder aswell as the lightning!

Yes it was very very impressive . I've just seen lightning now - been woken up by it but no thunder 

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Looks insane there. 

I think its going to stay intact, as per model but much further North . .. possibly hitting me... going into the Midlands. Huge ppn totals.

Posted

they spoke about a gap in the elevated storms earlier now i know where they were talking about