Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

very bizarre, i've got bright moonlight, also a storm nearby, with bright flashes, and rumbling thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Lots of flashing to my north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Quite frequent flashing now to N/NE. This is exciting

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted

Getting quite fed up with £25 per annum for Metogroup radar. Whenever anything gets interesting, ie. requiring radar, the server gets knocked out. They should spend my money on a new, bigger one. Disgraceful.

Posted

AF86AECE-D686-491D-8C29-C282074021B8.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Lots of lightning now, mainly to the east but some loud rumbles. Just started raining heavily too. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It's all bypassing here again. Just seeing the odd flash to me East, no thunder though.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
Just now, Mapantz said:

It's all bypassing here again. Just seeing the odd flash to me East, no thunder though.

I think I've just caught the edge of it with a few loud rumbles and a few minutes of heavy rain but most of it's passing to the east. 

• Thanks 1

Posted

Mapantz, Is there not a big lump just coming ashore near Swanage just now ? (looking at Meto Rainfall Radar) this pulse looks like our best bet tonight. We have had a few bangs and light showers but nothing to rattle the china yet.

Edited by egret
typo
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Direct hit nr Seaton, power out temporarily and torrential rain. Continuous thunder and lightning

Edited by Barbel
Typo
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 minute ago, egret said:

Mapantz, Is there not a big lump just coming ashore near Swanage just now ? (looking at Meto Rainfall Radar) this pulse looks like our best bet tonight. We have had a few bangs and light showers but nothing to rattle the china yet.

That completely fell apart. A lot of what was heading in to our part of the coast actually weakened.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

A lot of flashes up in the sky with no sound but very often and not showing up on the lightning map?

Posted

Incredible storm - just passing over now headed to Honiton area. Still incredibly warm 21c.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

A lot of flashes up in the sky with no sound but very often and not showing up on the lightning map?

Lightning detectors usually map positive CGs. Lots of negs don't register. 

Posted

Love hearing the steric clicks. I will have to wait a little longer for my chances up here but its looking great for a lot of us.  

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
5 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

Love hearing the steric clicks. I will have to wait a little longer for my chances up here but its looking great for a lot of us.  

nah, I'm calling ti a night....nothing remotely happening here or likely to happen here IMHO

Posted

Really strong gusts, lots of flashes still all around me. Still warm