Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow
1 hour ago, Fletcher is a g said:

Heavy snow and lighting inbound gonna be a bad night tonight 

Indeed! But I suspect the snow that falls from the sky won’t be the kind of white stuff we see in Winter... ?

A much brighter start this morning, blue hazy skies pushing north from the channel so should be a reasonable and notably more humid day as long as the fog can stay away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

I wonder if Sunday’s storms will be reminiscent of the electrical storms we had a few weeks ago ? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

whats happened to all this lovely weather forecasted?........torrential rain yesterday and cool, and it's a rinse and repeat today so far with the rain band pivoting further south than expected....and now the overnight models are throwing spanners in the works for the weekend and next week 

Despite some early sun here there’s a lot of mist, clag and low cloud coming into the south and south east. With all the moisture about it’s going to be tough to clear it. 

Have to say the forecast is starting to fall apart a bit really....

Posted

I know it’s gonna sound strange saying this, but it sounds like some of you guys could do with a hug. :( 

• Like 1

Posted

Everytime i look at the forecast for the weekend, it goes down a degree. It will have gone from 28 and bright sunshine on Sunday to 18 and rain by the time it gets here.

I'm never going to hear the end of it now as we have an outdoor event on Sunday and i've been telling people since Wednesday that it's going to be sticky, very warm with the chance of an odd thunderstorm. Now it looks like its going to be a bit muggy and soaking wet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Just now, DiagonalRedLine said:

I know it’s gonna sound strange saying this, but it sounds like some of you guys could do with a hug. :( 

could I go for a 6 pack of stella instead....Stella aways brightens my day 

• Like 1

Posted

Still some nice SB-CAPE (1800+j/kg) around for Saturday maybe not as good as it was earlier in the week though, but that's the usual GFS CAPE downgrades to nearer the time as normally expected.

66-505PUK.GIF?25-066-109PUK.GIF?25-066-218PUK.GIF?25-066-779PUK.GIF?25-0gfs_srh_eur42.png

I'll have a pint of Stella ActATwat as I calls it also 

2 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Still some nice SB-CAPE (1800+j/kg) around for Saturday maybe not as good as it was earlier in the week though, but that's the usual GFS CAPE downgrades to nearer the time as normally expected.

66-505PUK.GIF?25-066-109PUK.GIF?25-066-218PUK.GIF?25-066-779PUK.GIF?25-0gfs_srh_eur42.png

I'll have a pint of Stella ActATwat as I calls it also 

The reason its been downgraded is because GFS was basing those CAPE values on temps of 28C with outrageous dew points of 22C, in reality 24/16C looks just about attainable. Anyway down here in the south based CAPE is of less interest as any convection won't survive the Channel crossing.

10 minutes ago, DiagonalRedLine said:

Not really, the forecast is now very uncertain and there is clearly going to be ALOT of cloud around this weekend. We'd all like sunny days and overnight TS's however it looks currently like being a very messy weekend forecast wise. I'd hate to be on TV trying to explain this lot.

Posted
56 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

could I go for a 6 pack of stella instead....Stella aways brightens my day 

Sure, go ahead! But maybe leave at least 5 of them for me.

Posted

METO weather warnings for Saturday and Sunday for our region now.

Very warm and humid conditions will lead to thunderstorms developing across parts of Southern England, the South and West Midlands and Wales on both Saturday and Sunday. Thunderstorms will produce torrential rain and hail in places with up to 30 mm falling in an hour, while some places may miss the worst of the heavy rain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

The sun's out! Temp 19.3°C. Humidity at 75%, dew point at 14.6°C

Still chucking it down here, pity as my rain gauge has stopped working, will check it out once the rain stops.

Can I ask a question Mapantz about my weather station,

It's a ambient weather WS-1001 wifi station. I'm sure it came with rechargeable batteries, but the manual says, when it comes to changing the batteries, you must not use rechargeable batteries and instead use standard AA instead.

What is the solar panel for on the out door station if its not for recharging the batteries?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
11 minutes ago, SteveB said:

Can I ask a question Mapantz about my weather station,

It's a ambient weather WS-1001 wifi station. I'm sure it came with rechargeable batteries, but the manual says, when it comes to changing the batteries, you must not use rechargeable batteries and instead use standard AA instead.

What is the solar panel for on the out door station if its not for recharging the batteries?

Hi Steve

The solar panel is to charge super-capacitor inside of the station. That will allow it to run without using the batteries. The battery power takes over when it is cloudy/nighttime, or when the super-capacitor hasn't had any charge put in to it.

• Like 1

Posted

Convection really getting going looking north towards Dartmoor from Salcombe! Transformed in the past 20 minutes or so. Looks very promising for later on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
18 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Hi Steve

The solar panel is to charge super-capacitor inside of the station. That will allow it to run without using the batteries. The battery power takes over when it is cloudy/nighttime, or when the super-capacitor hasn't had any charge put in to it.

Cheers Mapantz, that makes sense.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Don’t know what it’s like at home but it was hazy when I left. Bet you wish you were here. 

8AE3736F-812C-44F7-8F47-BA2D3E60CE3F.jpeg

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
1 minute ago, Alderc said:

http://www.camsecure.co.uk/Camsecure2/bournmouth_pier_webcam.html

just look at the visibility at Bournemouth pier now! Feels like the middle of winter again

And it has just brightened up here 20 miles north!