Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 21/05/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

No showers here yet although there were a few spots of rain when I was outside not long ago. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

very dark clouds here.looks thundery.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Agreed very eerie feeling! Not quite sure what to expect for tonight/tomorrow in regards for rainfall/storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers; frigid winters; golden fall; bright spring

Who stole my sun? I want it back, return it by midday and we will say no more about it!

• Like 2

Posted
33 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Disappointed with these allegedged thunderstorms lol. Radar looks meh at best!

I don't think we were expecting much more than the odd rumble. All eyes on the weekend still. :)

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Bobd29 said:

Who stole my sun? I want it back, return it by midday and we will say no more about it!

Amen Amen!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy

My allotment is desperate for a good drop of rain, so I'm hoping for later today...

A poor day developing here now, just 14C with spots of drizzle and feeling very un-summery added to that a big wet unorganised mess heading this way for this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Just like was forecast yesterday, overcast. Temp: 15°C. Tomorrow looks to be the same. I don't know why the BBC bother with a week ahead forecast on countryfile, it has been completely wrong.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Turned into a miserable afternoon with persistent rain for the last hour or so. Feels cold after the warmth over the last few days, at least it’s only today that looks cooler. 14.4°C. 

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Persistent rain, some heavy, over the last four hours, tailing away a bit now.  Not checked the gauge yet, will do when it actually stops and I've had my supper!  Has done the gardens a power of good because it's been gentle.  Hope we don't get torrential downpours over the weekend.

Agree with Mapantz about the week's forecast from Countryfile.  It's been nowt like it, has it?

Posted

Torrential downpours breaking out in a line roughly along the M4 moving west. Only started developing in last 20 mins or so. Amazingly I have missed this and the rest of the afternoon's rain by a couple of miles

• Like 1

Posted

It just doesn't want to leave us!  Still right on the edge, but it's still raining.  8.4mm to date.  Threat of storms over the weekend getting clearer.  It's Sherborne Castle Country Fair on Monday.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Outlook for the South West from Met.

Friday:

Rather cloudy, especially to begin with but brightening up. Most places will stay dry but there is the chance of the odd heavy shower, especially south coast during the afternoon. Maximum temperature 21 °C.

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Very warm and humid over the Bank Holiday weekend, with plenty of sunshine. However, there will be the risk of scattered thunderstorms throughout the weekend and into Bank Holiday Monday.

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Very warm and humid over the Bank Holiday weekend, with plenty of sunshine. However, there will be the risk of scattered thunderstorms throughout the weekend and into Bank Holiday Monday.

Perfect outlook for the bank holiday. 

• Like 1

Posted

Did anyone see this much rain coming today? Over 15mm so far and plenty more to come. This is as bad a fail by models and forecasts as the early hours then morning of Wednesday 11th April.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Barely any rain here today, but zero sunshine. Quite frankly, this past week's forecasts have been some of the most appalling i've seen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Well, what a drab day that was, at least it gave the garden a needed water. Reminded me of the autumn days with overcast conditions and a breeze making it feel chilly. Had a few 5 minute bursts of rain around 11 and 12 and heavy persistent rain from about 4.30 and still going.

• Like 1

Posted

...and it's still raining.   Mostly light over the last couple of hours, but it's not stopped now for virtually ten hours.