Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 19th May 2018 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather
    3 minutes ago, jordan smith said:

Okay the report Must be either false or it’s somewhere else shame tho cause that would be cool 

Or it could of been blocked by rain where you were at. It's also night as well. 

Edited by Swansonson69
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 3.8k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find an ironic observation that people who don't receive severe weather in their very own back yard are the ones who complain about unwarranted met office warnings...... The met office amber wa

130 photos taken this evening. Have attached the ones I consider decent enough to share. Apologies for some of the scratches and marks on the pictures; my camera body needs a damn good clean.  Th

Hi guys, First post here. Hope you enjoy. Here's the view in Brighton looking south east a moment ago. No processing/filtering on this image either.

Posted Images

Posted
    1 minute ago, Swansonson69 said:

Or it could of been block by rain where you were at. It's also night as well. 

I’m aware of that but this storm hasn’t formed a tornado it’s definitely been a good thunderstorm but just that.

• Like 1
    Posted
    5 minutes ago, jordan smith said:

Okay the report Must be either false or it’s somewhere else shame tho cause that would be cool 

To quote her, "Ripped the top of a morrisons truck off though. Shit flying everywhere. I grew up with these but thats the closest ive been. It was in tring/cheddington area." (she's from US, hence grew up with them).  I'm always sceptical when people say they've seen a tornado, but certainly sounds like she experienced something of note.

Edited by jamesthemonkeh
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
    3 minutes ago, Swansonson69 said:

What's that blob of rain over Lester and that kinda way? Is it gaining strength?

No, that's the remnants of the Northants M1 coridoor storm that lost its mojo southwards.  There are still 2 potent cells but they may die now solar warming has stopped.

Posted
    1 minute ago, jamesthemonkeh said:

To quote her, "Ripped the top of a morrisons truck off though. Shit flying everywhere. I grew up with these but thats the closest ive been. It was in tring/cheddington area." (she's from US, hence grew up with them)

That tornado must of drained the energy from the storm because it started dying after that report. 

Posted
    1 minute ago, jamesthemonkeh said:

To quote her, "Ripped the top of a morrisons truck off though. Shit flying everywhere. I grew up with these but thats the closest ive been. It was in tring/cheddington area." (she's from US, hence grew up with them)

Okay it’s really not something to get het up over I know very well what a tornado is and the simple fact that most thunderstorms don’t form them gave me the consensus that it was probably a squall more than anything but yes I could be wrong but not a big deal.

• Like 1
    Posted
    1 minute ago, matty40s said:

No, that's the remnants of the Northants M1 coridoor storm that lost its mojo southwards.  There are still 2 potent cells but they may die now solar warming has stopped.

Ok, is there any chance of that blob of rain turning into a storm?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Gales, T-storms, Heavy Rain, Heat, Cold - Love it all.
    2 minutes ago, Swansonson69 said:

That tornado must of drained the energy from the storm because it started dying after that report. 

Or the sun went down?

• Like 1
    Posted
    Just now, Swansonson69 said:

Ok, is there any chance of that blob of rain turning into a storm?

Doubt it, even so it won't make it in our direction

Posted
    2 minutes ago, jordan smith said:

Probably not 

Might as well keep watching the radar and see what happens. Crazier things have happened lol. 

Posted
    Just now, Swansonson69 said:

Might as well keep watching the radar and see what happens. Crazier things have happened lol. 

True but the fact that the storms have decayed away gives you an idea that the energy isn’t really great enough to sustain anything let alone strengthen them

Posted
    3 minutes ago, jordan smith said:

True but the fact that the storms have decayed away gives you an idea that the energy isn’t really great enough to sustain anything let alone strengthen them

True. 

Posted

The band of rain on the latest updates show it decaying into nothing. It’s not even managed to reach Leicester.

Edited by Josh Rubio
    Posted

I’m so glad that line of thunderstorms across Northampton earlier back builded and came south to Aylesbury it was fantastic really didn’t expect to be hit going to see how much rain fell in a minute.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
    49 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

This is a brilliant light show! 

Where lol? Nothing here in Thundersley, had 2 distant rumbles last night