Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 19th May 2018 onwards

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find an ironic observation that people who don't receive severe weather in their very own back yard are the ones who complain about unwarranted met office warnings...... The met office amber wa

130 photos taken this evening. Have attached the ones I consider decent enough to share. Apologies for some of the scratches and marks on the pictures; my camera body needs a damn good clean.  Th

Hi guys, First post here. Hope you enjoy. Here's the view in Brighton looking south east a moment ago. No processing/filtering on this image either.

Posted Images

Sounds of Thunder in Sheffield are to due to me briefly playing an old game. Just the odd spot of rain as a feeble shower fizzles out over us. Activity beginning to drop a bit now.

1 minute ago, Storm_Front_81 said:

More storm development SE England maybe another bite at the cherry tonight, across the East Midlands. I do feel sorry for the people of Northwest England.  For lack of storm activity.

What about us poor so and so's in the east? Zero!

3 minutes ago, Storm_Front_81 said:

More storm development SE England maybe another bite at the cherry tonight, across the East Midlands. I do feel sorry for the people of Northwest England.  For lack of storm activity.

Doubt it, would be nice though

Well, that was an EPIC couple of hours!

Constant rolling thunder from 16:30 to 18:45, with some huge CG. My wife and I decided to head out in the car to find a good vantage point, and we ended up in Cosford. It was biblical there, and the main crossroads was under three feet of water. The scale, frequency, and sheer noise of the lightning and thunder was unbelievable.

• Like 4

Looks to me from the radar that as the main line of storms loses its lightning activity, there is a second line developing Manchester to the wash area. Could be one to watch... 

• Like 1

Kicking off now in Northampton, if only that small line few lines South of Lincoln kicked off into something like this? Suppose it goes to show it could kick off at anytime

Edited by TJS1998Tom
28 minutes ago, Paul R said:

My hometown is Flint, so not far from you. Have heard from a friend there that there's thunder in the area. 

Evening @Paul R ?

Yes, we’ve had quite a pleasant little storm here this evening. 

• Like 1

Northwest storms slowly decaying. But the Bedfordshire and the tail end storm over Northamptonshire look to be converging this could be a spectacular light show tonight peeps.

High anvil tops looking South and SE just a matter of time.

No wind at all, gone very quiet!

Edited by Storm_Front_81
  • Like 1

Incredibly humid at the moment, feels like its going to kick off around here. Cells gone up just to the north west with thunder heard and a few sferics to the south picked up. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Liverpool TAF has extended the possibility of heavy thunderstorm rain until 4 AM. 

You might, just might get lucky there in Merseyside Chris,  still fearing a fail here , been here so many times , it like deja vu

• Like 1

Well, that was a pleasant little storm. Not a patch on what we used to get here in the 70s, 80s, 90s and early 2000s, but I ain’t complaining... All thunderstorms are welcome to me. ?⛈️

... I wonder if it’ll kick off again this evening?