Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 19th May 2018 onwards

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find an ironic observation that people who don't receive severe weather in their very own back yard are the ones who complain about unwarranted met office warnings...... The met office amber wa

130 photos taken this evening. Have attached the ones I consider decent enough to share. Apologies for some of the scratches and marks on the pictures; my camera body needs a damn good clean.  Th

Hi guys, First post here. Hope you enjoy. Here's the view in Brighton looking south east a moment ago. No processing/filtering on this image either.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Do you live on a fault line?

I don't think so but I do remember an earthquake a few years ago though. Only a small one. I remember a guy died because something fell on him. 

Cheshire and North Wales could get one or two brief Thundery showers soon, If there is enough convection.

Some heavy thundery rain across southern wales, might intensify but weakening. 

I might be wrong it's just my instinct.

Just now, Mesoscale said:

Does anyone have a clue what might happen today? BBC news was pretty vague. 

No, it will be radar watching all the way, as most models and forecast have been wrong already.

37 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

25.5°C here. 

Yeah temperatures are really responding with the sun out have a feeling this is all going to go bang soon hopefully the storm starved NW can get something out of this ? Just gone from 23 up to 26 at Hawarden as well not sure if that is a false measurement though. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Summerstorm said:

Yeah temperatures are really responding with the sun out have a feeling this is all going to go bang soon hopefully the storm starved NW can get something out of this ? Just gone from 23 up to 26 at Hawarden as well not sure if that is a false measurement though. 

I’ve got everything crossed. Wouldn’t be surprised if that was genuine; think it was cloudy there before so keeping temps down until now. 

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 1