Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 19th May 2018 onwards

Wow. Storms from 3 different directions and a line passing right over with thunder that made the ground vibrate. Now reinvigorating again, and another cell to my east with constant strobing - looks very active.

wow what a storm. some of the heaviest rain I have ever seen.

within the space of a minute went from a small shower to torrential downpour including hail.

The garden light looked like it was shining into fog. i couldn't even see the bottom of the garden !

close to a constant light show here now , thunder getting louder .

Just got back from the Pub here at 2am and it's still clear skies with the Moon out, but the Midlands is looking lively.

Storms approached midlands now and are stronger than ever!!blitzortung going mad right now!!constant lightning!!

Big flash CG behind the Rowley hills , large clap of thunder ...... It's here !

Edited by Mr_ Nexus

Love how it all faded away to my south only to all kick off about 40 miles North again.....frustrating this storm malarkey.

Maybe something tomorrow morning here as the AROME model seemed to do well tonight....

Closest lightning just 70 miles away now. 

Oh wait just had an alert at 50.0 miles. 

If sferics keep at this activity it might be worth me heading out in the garden at 3am before sunrise to catch a few anvil-head streamers. 

so this has just popped up in the Channel, wouldn’t be surprised to see a few thundery showers by dawn( as per some models) nowhere near what we have had tonight but there’s he chance.

F639DDE4-4222-4F0E-BB86-58A09FE64F72.png

26 minutes ago, Bangers & Flash said:

Ah OK - apologies for the bad assumption!

Everything crossed for the M60 clipper 🤞

No apologies needed, the mobile view of this forum is to blame as it hides the user's locations.

I really hope I can stay awake.  Setting an alarm would not go down well!

Frequent thunder and lightning in Solihull now. Didn’t think we’d getting anything this far North early this morning! ⚡️⛈

this storm is crazy and slowly pushing northwards on its eastern side im wondering if we will get hit by this before morning. im debating whether to get sleep or not 

Some strong sferics on the old radio now and very frequent as well. Gaining in power over time as they get closer. 

My apps just got triggered with a strike within 10 miles but not picked up on Blitzortung. Surely not must be a false return. 

9 minutes ago, Justin123 said:

so this has just popped up in the Channel, wouldn’t be surprised to see a few thundery showers by dawn( as per some models) nowhere near what we have had tonight but there’s he chance.

F639DDE4-4222-4F0E-BB86-58A09FE64F72.png

This ties in for me with a still very warm sector of air up from brighton NWwards. I think this could be the missing piece of the jigsaw

1 hour ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Are we the only people who missed out completely in the south?

The ingredients are all there and literally storms everywhere else. It just isn’t making sense.

Still raining. Really nothing to write home about from what I’ve seen and I’ve been driving about all over the place.

Storms too quick, too random and too elevated.

Maybe there's s market for our marvellous 'storm shield' ☹

Deep booming thunder and heavy rain .

Just watched a plane flyover quite low en route to Birmingham Airport , wouldn't like to have been on that !!

I didn't the storms would get that far north though. I can see didn't flashes from behind the trees even though the storm is ages away.