Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 19th May 2018 onwards

Right, time to get dressed and have a look outside, I want to see it arrive.....

Looks like a third storm is building where the storm just heading into London started. 

4 minutes ago, Chris K said:

Storm dying of death as it headed closer to Bath and Bristol second time tonight.

Fudge cake.

And for the 2nd time gone and made the drive to my vantage point only for it to die as I got there. I love storms

The SE is going nuts,there are more cells firing up behind the main one

keep the info,pics and vids coming in,much appreciated:)

so happy for you all,i hope i will see some activity up this way soon.

1 minute ago, tomjwlx said:

not good is it! had a few rumbles from that storm earlier this evening but apart from that its not gone are way I guess the storm shield is strong over Bristol this time!

And tomorrow we look to be too far SW!

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

Sorry if this has been posted already - Estofex Lvl 2 and 1 for UK tomorrow 

E05B5143-918E-473F-B481-DE5DB1BC0302.png

I'm in the 2 spot in the UK. I did not expect that. Does that mean I have a good chance at seeing storms tomorrow?

Just now, Swansonson69 said:

I'm in the 2 spot in the UK. I did not expect that. Does that mean I have a good chance at seeing storms tomorrow?

A good chance, yes. It must be noted that the level 2 is for excessive rainfall.

Caramba! Rain just arrived! f****** amazing fork outside my back door, direct hit over Oxford.

Just seen the first flashes in a clear sky from the storm near Oxford some 85 kms away, so close but yet so far....

OMG just heard thunder here again! 

2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

A good chance, yes. It must be noted that the level 2 is for excessive rainfall.

Ah yes rainfall. I have the river idle behind my house. It'd be the 4th time that's happened this year if it was to burst its banks tomorrow. Finally, a good chance to maybe see something amazing after years of nothing and near misses. 

Cell firing over head with torrential rain and lightning.

Over head shotgun thunder

5 minutes ago, MartinD said:

Just seen the first flashes in a clear sky from the storm near Oxford some 85 kms away, so close but yet so far....

It's mine...

I went outside, I’m in south Essex and my hairs were standing on end as I looked to the south, the lightning frequency is nuts and it’s still a good 20 miles away !

The storm over London is getting up steam. Just had a massive rumble of thunder and the rain is picking up. Looks like I need to brew another cuppa, looks like this will be a long night!

Just as I was happy enough with the footage I recorded of the intense storm that came over me another starts to from behind it, its going to be difficult to get to sleep with all this excitement. 

1 minute ago, Frosty hollows said:

It's mine...

Well from 85 kms away it's looking good and hopeful it makes it's merry way over to Worcester in the next hour or two. Showing lightning is now 68 kms away from me now.

All the energy has been sucked into that storm over London just wow! amazing on radar!