Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 19th May 2018 onwards

I keep getting a little bit excited as I keep hearing some low deep rumbles. I am living on a campsite in our caravan in a field, about 8 miles from Margate and Ramsgate inland, and so am really hoping for a good storm. Will make my day/night. It's been very gusty here all day, and it's hard to tell if it's just wind still gusting or not. Other half has the tv on quite loud. I can't see it's thunder but ...  

ok I think it's just wind... next!! ?

Edited by Living in a field Eve
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find an ironic observation that people who don't receive severe weather in their very own back yard are the ones who complain about unwarranted met office warnings...... The met office amber wa

130 photos taken this evening. Have attached the ones I consider decent enough to share. Apologies for some of the scratches and marks on the pictures; my camera body needs a damn good clean.  Th

Hi guys, First post here. Hope you enjoy. Here's the view in Brighton looking south east a moment ago. No processing/filtering on this image either.

Posted Images

Looking at the lightning tracks it seems the storms are heading towards Portsmouth/Southampton/Hampshire/Dorset way so will have to make do with distant rumbles 

A thunderstorm would round off the perfect evening after Liverpool lost the CL final. 

Can't ask for too much can i?! 

Edited by tomp456

I hope ? that essex and London and south east get sone action, missed April’s storms completely, here in south Essex, not been a rumble even distant for over a year now, but sferics getting close, and precipitation building further in the channel ? 

Edited by Justin123
11 minutes ago, TropicThunder said:

Looking much more promising in the channel now! 

Anyone else having trouble loading Lightning Maps? I'm having to rely on Blitzortung atm which isn't as good.

Yeah not working for me at the moment 

20 minutes ago, TropicThunder said:

Looking much more promising in the channel now! 

Anyone else having trouble loading Lightning Maps? I'm having to rely on Blitzortung atm which isn't as good.

Down for me too... the website loads....I can see old lightning strikes but nothing else! 

The interesting thing is blitzortung is showing lightning in the south east even though the reflectivity on the radar looks like hardly anything 

4 minutes ago, TropicThunder said:

I'm not even getting that lol, just a load of text.

Strange!

Refreshed the page and its back working now! 

Edit: Down again 

Edited by tomp456

Continuous lightning from the Ashford cell - every 2 seconds. Blitzortung not doing it justice!!! Amazing!!

• Like 2