Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 19th May 2018 onwards

23 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Beeb weather saying it's "game over" for the Northwest & Northeast. Storms tracking up across the Midlands and Wales throughout the evening and then re-forming tomorrow afternoon across Ireland & Scotland.

Sounds about right for our storm starved Region! 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find an ironic observation that people who don't receive severe weather in their very own back yard are the ones who complain about unwarranted met office warnings...... The met office amber wa

130 photos taken this evening. Have attached the ones I consider decent enough to share. Apologies for some of the scratches and marks on the pictures; my camera body needs a damn good clean.  Th

Hi guys, First post here. Hope you enjoy. Here's the view in Brighton looking south east a moment ago. No processing/filtering on this image either.

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, StormChaseUK said:

Finally I think we have reached the tipping point where enough ingredients are there.. cell sw of Hereford is getting going now

I'm watching the weather bug app on my phone and it really has got going now, its showing 26.7 miles away from me. Hope it moves slightly more in a NNW direction and doesn't fizzle out before it gets here cos we should be in for a good storm. Time to drug the dog I think.....just in case!! 

3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I'm keeping an eye on the showers developing around Bretagne/Channel  Islands/Normandy.

I know, elevated or surface based, will be the key.

Edited by Alderc
1 minute ago, Alderc said:

I know, elevated or surface based, will be the key.

Temps  here keep on rising. 21.9°C now. Nothing noteworthy, but it is good. The wind has dropped significantly as well.

3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Temps  here keep on rising. 21.9°C now. Nothing noteworthy, but it is good. The wind has dropped significantly as well.

Temperature at Hurn struggling at 20C and DP tailed right off to 14C now,

Its SOOOooooooooooooooo humid. Sweat dripping.

Storm just past to the north.
Hope something more fun will come my way later.

Seems like activity is finally starting!

The storm that passed by seemed quite elevated. Certainly not a low cloud, fork lightning kinda storm

Last strike 2.7 miles away, again no thunder heard but the heavens have literally just opened as I started typing this. Hopefully this is game on!!

After producing all Saturdays storms for Birmingham and then flooding itself before giving Aylesbury a stroboscopic night to remember,  today Northampton decides to sit in the gap in the storms and stay out of the fun.