Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 19th May 2018 onwards

Interesting my lightning detector isn't detecting anything much mostly quiet which means it can't lock in to anything

We had 37mm here in Aylesbury altogether from yesterday afternoons downpours to last nights. We had 8mm on Sunday and 23mm on Saturday so we have had 68mm which is a lot.

Looks to be dying out on the radar. Still further possibilities today but the main chance around here is tomorrow pm.

24 minutes ago, jordan smith said:

People in Nottingham and derby for example should keep an eye on that intense cluster of thunderstorms over the next hour.

Shame we'll have to call it 'thundery rain' now as it's just a mass of heavy precip with the odd embedded weak thunderstorm. Electrical activity is currently very low.

i think we will just get some rain. shame it looked promising but tommorow looks quite good, i hope chesterfield gets a storm before next week 

It’s thundery rain your correct but still intense rainfall is possible in these areas.

2 minutes ago, Reverse Zonality said:

Shame we'll have to call it 'thundery rain' now as it's just a mass of heavy precip with the odd embedded weak thunderstorm. Electrical activity is currently very low.

27 minutes ago, jordan smith said:

People in Nottingham and derby for example should keep an eye on that intense cluster of thunderstorms over the next hour.

Please stop using terms like ‘intense cluster of thunderstorms’. It’s misleading.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, jordan smith said:

It’s thundery rain your correct but still intense rainfall is possible in these areas.

Absolutely, I just wouldn't call it an area of thunderstorms anymore. I don't think it's chucking out any lightning at all now.

1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Please stop using terms like ‘intense cluster of thunderstorms’. It’s misleading.

Thanks.

I used that term only once it’s also misleading when people say it’s weakening I am simply pointing out some rather intense rain around that area with some thunderstorms mixed in if anything I’ve been very non misleading today but anyway moving on tomorrow looks good.

3 minutes ago, Reverse Zonality said:

Absolutely, I just wouldn't call it an area of thunderstorms anymore. I don't think it's chucking out any lightning at all now.

Yeah it’s mostly just very heavy rain.

Just now, Swansonson69 said:

I see what people mean by this rain now. It just doesn't stop. Very very intense. 

Yeah

there are some cells starting to form to the east and north of it though, we maybe have a chance 

36 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Complete dross this morning. Even the rain wasn't up to much. 

Really intense downpour just before midnight which was great - sat with the door open and enjoyed the cool breeze that came with it 👍

Lightning / thunder wise - nada as expected

1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Really intense downpour just before midnight which was great - sat with the door open and enjoyed the cool breeze that came with it 👍

Lightning / thunder wise - nada as expected

I had a storm earlier before it weakened. 

Just now, Swansonson69 said:

I believe there's already flooding on the road if not a lot of surface water. 

Yeah there was loads of surface water flooding here quite cool to see rain pelting down the way it did  🙂

Just now, jordan smith said:

Yeah there was loads of surface water flooding here quite cool to see rain pelting down the way it did  🙂

It is pretty cool. All the cars are slowing down so I suspect there's a little flooding up the road. 

Just now, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Not really no.

Ok, that's fine. I've my storm fix today. Pretty cool storm before the rain hit. 

21 minutes ago, jordan smith said:

I used that term only once it’s also misleading when people say it’s weakening I am simply pointing out some rather intense rain around that area with some thunderstorms mixed in if anything I’ve been very non misleading today but anyway moving on tomorrow looks good.

🤦‍♂️

Oh well, storm risk has disappeared for my area over the next 48 hours. Could have forecasted that myself...🤔