Local
Radar
Snow?
Supacell

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 19th May 2018 onwards

1 minute ago, Swansonson69 said:

It all seems to be intensifying. 

Certainly is I’m under a downpour 

When is this band of rain supposed to be moving north/north west? Still no closer here.

Just now, Josh Rubio said:

When is this band of rain supposed to be moving north/north west? Still no closer here.

West northwest is correct.

5 minutes ago, Swansonson69 said:

These are some very good signs. 

Will be interesting to see how much rain I will receive by morning.

3 minutes ago, jordan smith said:

Will be interesting to see how much rain I will receive by morning.

Yup. 

The rain over us in Aylesbury is torrential starting to create big deep puddles been hammering for ages.

65C5822D-AAA9-4765-84BB-326025F3383F.png

1 minute ago, jordan smith said:

The rain over us in Aylesbury is torrential starting to create big deep puddles been hammering for ages.

65C5822D-AAA9-4765-84BB-326025F3383F.png

That rain that's gone over Bournemouth is rotating. 

6 minutes ago, Swansonson69 said:

That rain that's gone over Bournemouth is rotating. 

I saw that but that rain is not particularly heavy and the swirl is the result over the low pressure system trying to push further north and having to turn left.

Edited by jordan smith

2 minutes ago, jordan smith said:

I saw that but that rain is not particularly heavy and the swirl is the result over the low pressure system trying to push further north and having to turn left.

That's pretty cool. 

Just now, Swansonson69 said:

That's pretty cool. 

Sorry I didn’t finish the sentence the winds are blowing at different directions ahead of the rain which is blowing from north east to south west and the rain is moving west northwest so the wind if you like is pushing the top part of the rain to the left and the forcing of low pressure northwards is what creates it.

Just now, jordan smith said:

Sorry I didn’t finish the sentence the winds are blowing at different directions ahead of the rain which is blowing from north east to south west and the rain is moving west northwest so the wind if you like is pushing the top part of the rain to the left and the forcing of low pressure northwards is what creates it.

Pretty awesome. 

1 minute ago, Swansonson69 said:

Pretty awesome. 

The rain has eased a bit here after chucking buckets for half hour more coming in though and definitely more organised.

I just watch BBC weather forecast as the jetstream still a above Greenland and the low pressure moves up the back down I high pressure builds in Scotland and low pressure to south west and the BBC weather man this with pattern is staying the same in to next week

29 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

BOOM!!! Oh yesss!

Its amazing out there tonight! :)

1 hour ago, jordan smith said:

You were incredibly right, the storm is here in east anglia heading to lincolnshire and central uk :)

A surprising start to my day, under heavy rain with occasional thunder and lightnining.

On another note, a few off topic posts have been removed this morning, please stick to convective/thunderstorm discussion and off course be polite to everyone. Thankyou :)

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

The clouds are really dark here, like anyone would think it was getting dark. That's how dark the clouds are here.