Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Supacell

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 19th May 2018 onwards

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Swansonson69 said:

It all seems to be intensifying. 

Certainly is I’m under a downpour 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When is this band of rain supposed to be moving north/north west? Still no closer here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Josh Rubio said:

When is this band of rain supposed to be moving north/north west? Still no closer here.

West northwest is correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Swansonson69 said:

These are some very good signs. 

Will be interesting to see how much rain I will receive by morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jordan smith said:

Will be interesting to see how much rain I will receive by morning.

Yup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rain over us in Aylesbury is torrential starting to create big deep puddles been hammering for ages.

65C5822D-AAA9-4765-84BB-326025F3383F.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jordan smith said:

The rain over us in Aylesbury is torrential starting to create big deep puddles been hammering for ages.

65C5822D-AAA9-4765-84BB-326025F3383F.png

That rain that's gone over Bournemouth is rotating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Swansonson69 said:

That rain that's gone over Bournemouth is rotating. 

I saw that but that rain is not particularly heavy and the swirl is the result over the low pressure system trying to push further north and having to turn left.

Edited by jordan smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jordan smith said:

I saw that but that rain is not particularly heavy and the swirl is the result over the low pressure system trying to push further north and having to turn left.

That's pretty cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Swansonson69 said:

That's pretty cool. 

Sorry I didn’t finish the sentence the winds are blowing at different directions ahead of the rain which is blowing from north east to south west and the rain is moving west northwest so the wind if you like is pushing the top part of the rain to the left and the forcing of low pressure northwards is what creates it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jordan smith said:

Sorry I didn’t finish the sentence the winds are blowing at different directions ahead of the rain which is blowing from north east to south west and the rain is moving west northwest so the wind if you like is pushing the top part of the rain to the left and the forcing of low pressure northwards is what creates it.

Pretty awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Swansonson69 said:

Pretty awesome. 

The rain has eased a bit here after chucking buckets for half hour more coming in though and definitely more organised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just watch BBC weather forecast as the jetstream still a above Greenland and the low pressure moves up the back down I high pressure builds in Scotland and low pressure to south west and the BBC weather man this with pattern is staying the same in to next week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

BOOM!!! Oh yesss!

Its amazing out there tonight! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jordan smith said:

Sorry I didn’t finish the sentence the winds are blowing at different directions ahead of the rain which is blowing from north east to south west and the rain is moving west northwest so the wind if you like is pushing the top part of the rain to the left and the forcing of low pressure northwards is what creates it.

You were incredibly right, the storm is here in east anglia heading to lincolnshire and central uk :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A surprising start to my day, under heavy rain with occasional thunder and lightnining.

 

On another note, a few off topic posts have been removed this morning, please stick to convective/thunderstorm discussion and off course be polite to everyone. Thankyou :)

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The clouds are really dark here, like anyone would think it was getting dark. That's how dark the clouds are here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...