IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 19th May 2018 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder snow is the best phenomenon

Going to bed hoping the storm with become organised and wake me up :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder snow is the best phenomenon
6 minutes ago, Swansonson69 said:

Seems like everyone has given up already apart from us two. 

4 minutes ago, jordan smith said:

Yep they are not realising that it will take a few more hours until more organisation takes place I still think I’ve got the evolution nailed on for the morning.

Keep hoping guys , wish you luck and hopefully we manage to get something in the next couple of hours

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Rumbles here, preceded by heavy, no, torrential rain at times (I think the gutters have overflowed). Sporadic flashes as well. I was a bit too late to chase and this rain doesn't help with photography so staying put as working tomorrow. Still raining.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Lightning, Severe Weather

Hi all, first time posting. Recently made an account. But I have stalked the forums for about three years now in secret .  Just a heads up quite a lot of lightning towards Ipswich and bury, viewable here from newmarket but none of it is being picked up on the radars! So don't give up hope yet. Incredible few days of storms. I haven't had any direct hits but been able to watch some of the fun everybody else has had :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

As to not let this thread slip off-topic..

Area of mod-heavy dynamic rainfall just about to move in here;

2018-05-30.thumb.png.384a4ef37caefdb30c998d7e9eedb382.png

I didn't water the garden last night, so it's welcomed!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
9 minutes ago, Swansonson69 said:

I have but again, it's called being hopeful. Something you clearly don't understand. Considering you're starting to annoy me with your negative attitude you should expect that tone.  

politely and treading tactfully, Mapantz has a point, he is simply stating what is currently happening and what is modelled/forecasted dor the overnight period....mid-level instabilty is on the wane as lapse rates drop....there is a chance of a few rogue sferics during the night but nothing organised according to hi-res modelling.....nothing wrong with being hopeful, as long as hopeful isn't muddled with reality.........

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather
1 minute ago, ajpoolshark said:

politely and treading tactfully, Mapantz has a point, he is simply stating what is currently happening and what is modelled/forecasted dor the overnight period....mid-level instabilty is on the wane as lapse rates drop....there is a chance of a few rogue sferics during the night but nothing organised according to hi-res modelling.....nothing wrong with being hopeful, as long as hopeful isn't muddled with reality.........

I'm being hopeful, that is it. Nothing more, nothing less. I've seen the models. I just never follow them because storms are the most unpredictable thing nature can throw at you. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
1 minute ago, Swansonson69 said:

I'm being hopeful, that is it. Nothing more, nothing less. I've seen the models. I just never follow them because storms are the most unpredictable thing nature can throw at you. 

it's definitely worth looking at them and studying them...whereas convection is difficult to pin down on a specific location, model output will give you an opportunity to see the various airmass interactions at play and study parameters........There are many experienced posters on here who will gladly help newcomers to NW get a grasp of the fundimentals, and Mapantz's case, he's one of them....good luck, hope you catch your storm

Posted
4 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

it's definitely worth looking at them and studying them...whereas convection is difficult to pin down on a specific location, model output will give you an opportunity to see the various airmass interactions at play and study parameters........There are many experienced posters on here who will gladly help newcomers to NW get a grasp of the fundimentals, and Mapantz's case, he's one of them....good luck, hope you catch your storm

I'm not new, I just never could be bothered to make an account. I do look at them and study them but I don't follow them most of them due to unpredictability. He maybe a long term member but that doesn't mean he can be negative and bring people's hopes down and accuse me of insulting him which never happened as you can see (he emailed me). I get there is a low chance but there's no need for it. As far as I'm concerned I haven't done anything wrong here.  

Posted

righty o....I'm off to bed to dream of storms and have nightmares of Newton Poppleford.....nighty night

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

righty o....I'm off to bed to dream of storms and have nightmares of Newton Poppleford.....nighty night

Ok, lol. Night. Sweet stormy dreams. 

Posted
1 minute ago, jordan smith said:

Yes it is beginning to organise now.

Good, it's doing exactly what you said. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

That cell just off N Norfolk has perked up somewhat! 

http://visitsheringham.co.uk/webcam/

oh my word!!! It’s strobe lighting, way more than what lightning maps is showing!! 

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

Posted
14 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

That cell just off N Norfolk has perked up somewhat! 

http://visitsheringham.co.uk/webcam/

oh my word!!! It’s strobe lighting, way more than what lightning maps is showing!! 

That cell is going crazy. Then again it all looks as if it's intensifying. 

Posted

Got all this to look forward to Aylesbury have already recieved a decent amount of rain in the last hour.

4A857727-E094-4DD5-9745-A12D679A5B5D.png

Edited by jordan smith

Posted

Only small for now, but interesting to see it picking up. Constant flashes on the webcam for the time being atm

Edited by TJS1998Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Anyone who is up, check out that cam now! Every 3 seconds there’s a lightning flash. Lightning maps definitely does not count all strikes!