Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather
Just now, StormChaseUK said:

"I'm watching a storm over Canada, will it reach here?"  um no... lol

Who said that lol. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
35 minutes ago, jordan smith said:

I would have to disagree with you sorry there won't just be dotted storms there will be a line of heavy rain stretching from northeast to Southwest so most people will get the rain in central and southern England the rain won't weaken.

Like how bold you are with your convictions but if this week has proven anything it’s that these weather systems won’t behave like you expect

I think the rain will become more showery with the odd heavier pulse more likely the further south you are

Electrical activity will wane but that’s not to say a rogue strike won’t catch you out - even in the Midlands - but the further north you are the more showery the rain spells will be

This trough is already weakening and will continue so throughout the night - tomorrow looks quieter on the convective front at the moment, but Thursday could really be a big day for both the midlands and the south with some juice and triggers to really get those party lights going good and proper  

Edit: midnight onwards tonight could well throw up a few surprises for the extreme south and east so don’t give up hope if nothing happens before then...

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Like how bold you are with your convictions but if this week has proven anything it’s that these weather systems won’t behave like you expect

I think the rain will become more showery with the odd heavier pulse more likely the further south you are

Electrical activity will wane but that’s not to say a rogue strike won’t catch you out - even in the Midlands - but the further north you are the more showery the rain spells will be

This trough is already weakening and will continue so throughout the night - tomorrow looks quieter on the convective front at the moment, but Thursday could really be a big day for both the midlands and the south with some juice and triggers to really get those party lights going good and proper  

I disagree with you as well. I think it will intensify like he says. He was right about this morning. We was discussing it last night and it did exactly what he said. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Might get a distant rumble as the cell that’s currently off Margate passes to my south, assuming it stays electrified. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
5 minutes ago, Swansonson69 said:

I disagree with you as well. I think it will intensify like he says. He was right about this morning. We was discussing it last night and it did exactly what he said. 

I saw that and yes he was pretty spot on with this morning so kudos for that - I just disagree about tonight, although I do see fresh sferics much closer to the east coast just now which could be a good sign.

No point getting over excited about it it this stage that’s all - forecasts generally said showers, weaker further north, heavier and more likely electrical further south

Edit: mainly I think the suggested track he has indicated is a bit out, but time will tell...

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder snow is the best phenomenon

Storm becoming more organised Norfolk coast, still not getting my hopes up though.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

I saw that and yes he was pretty spot on with this morning so kudos for that - I just disagree about tonight, although I do see fresh sferics much closer to the east coast just now which could be a good sign.

No point getting over excited about it it this stage that’s all - forecasts generally said showers, weaker further north, heavier and more likely electrical further south

Edit: mainly I think the suggested track he has indicated is a bit out, but time will tell...

I'm not getting excited. That'll happen when I know for certain what's happening. 

Posted

Just heard a distant bang, thunder maybe? Oh no it was just my nan fell down the stairs

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
1 minute ago, Neglectedchicken said:

Just heard a distant bang, thunder maybe? Oh no it was just my nan fell down the stairs

I've got a dodgy pull switch in the bathroom. The lights flicker most satisfactorily 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

I've got a dodgy pull switch in the bathroom. The lights flicker most satisfactorily 

That's probably the best we can get to lightning here

Posted
Just now, Swansonson69 said:

The northern part of the storms is looking pretty active and pretty good from what I can see. 

Its very active, what way do you think its heading?

3 minutes ago, Neglectedchicken said:

Hope this doesn't inspire other members to try and duplicate the effect by throwing elderly relatives down a stairway..

• Like 2

Posted

West/North West looking at it. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Probably the NE, thus bypassing the east altogether. Well, just wouldn't be right for EA to have some action would it?

Posted
2 minutes ago, Swansonson69 said:

West/North West looking at it. 

1 minute ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Probably the NE, thus bypassing the east altogether. Well, just wouldn't be right for EA to have some action would it?

It needs to head to EA, we are missing out all the action. It could connect into a line straight into EA or that must be too hoping

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

well after an epic overheader this morning, we have had a few more flickers and rumbles this evening. Nothing will beat this mornings though. We lost the power for about half hour, and it got pretty dark in our caravan

Posted

Woah, whats developing in London again

That's me taking a Tut because I'm God.  

Edited by Swansonson69

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
Just now, Neglectedchicken said:

Woah, whats developing in London again

IN London? Won’t be many Sussex folk happy with that lol.