IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 19th May 2018 onwards

Posted
1 minute ago, SteveB said:

Hey Paul. Is there a storm forecast from Nick F today 

No, he's not online today I'm afraid.

Posted
13 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Towers now beginning to go up looking towards the Macclesfield direction.

Yup looking north from leicester theres some gorgeous glaciated towers going up!!its extremely warm and humid here aswell!!could do with the wind calming down a bit though!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

That tower just puffed out:(

Posted

Its 'locked and loaded' atmospheric wise now it's just a case of when/if the trigger goes it'll be quite explosive with plenty of CAPE and moisture about. I think ESTOFEX still has the Midlands and North under the Level2 warning for today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting

Looks like the line thats been slowly moving north is waning considerably and a new line firing up just north of it, leapfrogging some unlucky folk! Rapid development here in Belper, going to head east a little to be in better spot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
4 minutes ago, Swansonson69 said:

I know, it's on the north side in a spot that gets no sun through out the entire day. 

Weird  then. Maybe it is correct. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

At chievely. 22° which seems low compared to the 26° I managed on the way here - but we had high temps and humidity yesterday so in isolation that clearly means nothing

The skies have been a combination of light Acas, clear (albeit milky) blue, popcorn and now a kind of bright but murky cumulostratus

Yesterday I didn’t see this - so that’s a fairly good indicator.

Convergence zones... I don’t know but if anyone wants to educate me on where these are likely to be that would be great  

Instability? I don’t know - there should be but I think it’s marginal. Feels stormy, but t that doesn’t mean anything really and based on previous events I’ve learned not to go by instinct.

Then again, yesterday I followed the science and that didn’t work. Today i’ll Just rely on luck...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather
1 minute ago, Storm_Front_81 said:

Are there more storms forecast for East Midlands? Early evening and tonight will be cool just like last night.

It's looking juicy in the east Midlands right now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
3 minutes ago, Swansonson69 said:

It says 30.3°c now. 

Definitely too high. Officially, 26C is the highest at the moment, in Liverpool. All of the independent stations around your way show 26C.

Posted

I had an amazing cluster of thunderstorms that passed over Aylesbury light up the sky rain was torrential recorded 20mm of rain in just 1 hour! I also took a video but took a screenshot of a lightning strike I recorded.☺️

Screenshot_20180527-124927.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

25.5°C here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather
9 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Definitely too high. Officially, 26C is the highest at the moment, in Liverpool. All of the independent stations around your way show 26C.

Exactly what I'm seeing. I don't why it's giving me that reading. Skies are starting to darken though. Loads of towers going up near me. 

The biggest risk today will be for areas inland so unless there is significant unforecast storms over northern France it’s a day along the south coast for enjoying the sunshine. That said a chilly breeze has set in off the sea so with the temp 6/7c lower and a dp 4/5c lower than yesterday it actually feels cool and unconvective.

Posted

26.3 now, really shooting up again.