Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 19th May 2018 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

I am happy.have  had 2 storms so far.missed most of the rain .only 2.2mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
3 minutes ago, Alderc said:

A near miss! Maybe tomorrow!

A few models show something around 7am-ish, other than that, tomorrow looks to be dry and sunny for our neck of the woods.

The cells that were heading our way around an hour ago, completely faded as they reached the coast. Not even a drop of rain here.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow

Brilliant show from Southampton, will upload vids soon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Moved away from here now. No direct hit but that was fun with frequent lightning to the east and a few loud rumbles thrown in and a minute or so of heavy rain. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

All distant every which way but looks like no hit for North Hampshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Anyone else got their own lightning detector? I bought mine last month and already had a couple of decent storms to use it. Was constantly beeping not long ago but gone quiet now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Continuous thunder, with some extremely heavy rain. Must have been the heaviest rain I’ve ever witnessed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Can see lighting in the distance from the storm currently passing through Salisbury....if it keeps up electrificaton/direction then we could be in for a treat here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms!

Where is that London cell headed. I'm tempted to go East of Oxford if it's worth it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

Anyone else got their own lightning detector? I bought mine last month and already had a couple of decent storms to use it. Was constantly beeping not long ago but gone quiet now. 

yes I have a acurite.it is still beeping.storms not far away.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.
8 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Ok just for you here’s another one. :hi:

Seems to be moving away now. Gone quiet after about a minute of heavy rain. 

Nice! Thank you. Fingers are crossed for something better soon, good to see many folk having fun though! ⚡

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, mike5900 said:

yes I have a acurite.it is still beeping.storms not far away.

Yep that's the one I've got. It's a decent detector for the price although it doesn't seem to pick up every strike.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, rain, tornados, funnel clouds and the northern lights

Just had the most intense strobe lightning I've ever seen. Two storms passed almost right over me, headed northwest, with contant strobe lightning every 4 seconds (I counted). 90% of it was IC, however I did see a few forks, my first for over 3 years (a couple of which popped out the right side of the base - incredible). Also saw some lovely anvil crawlers. Oddly there was hardly any precip or wind - it was just spitting for a few seconds and almost completely still. The thunder although constant was also really, really quiet. A very unusual couple of storms and the most frequent lightning I've ever seen. Happy. 

Gone quiet now as it's moved away but lightningmaps showing intense activity behind it. Gonna make a move and keep a lookout for it. Have a great night all.?️

Edited by Windblade
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and showery airflows
11 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

Continuous thunder, with some extremely heavy rain. Must have been the heaviest rain I’ve ever witnessed.

you really struck gold tonight ..I'm just content watching whats happening over your roof from here as its an amazing light show...I'm so jealous lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Weirdly enough, at the stroke of midnight, it’s gone eerily silent. The lightning is moving away, the rain has stopped, it’s all... quiet. BUT WHAT A NIGHT!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
7 minutes ago, Windblade said:

Just had the most intense strobe lightning I've ever seen. Two storms passed almost right over me, headed northwest, with contant strobe lightning every 4 seconds (I counted). 90% of it was IC, however I did see a few forks, my first for over 3 years (a couple of which popped out the right side of the base - incredible). Also saw some lovely anvil crawlers. Oddly there was hardly any precip or wind - it was just spitting for a few seconds and almost completely still. The thunder although constant was also really, really quiet. A very unusual couple of storms and the most frequent lightning I've ever seen. Happy. 

Gone quiet now as it's moved away but lightningmaps showing intense activity behind it. Gonna make a move and keep a lookout for it. Have a great night all.?️

A perfect summary of the two SE London cells.

Although we copped some biblical rainfall too in Hither Green.

Eyes on another cell steaming up the M20.

Lightning activity starting again toward the SE of me.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

This new storm coming up through Kent is interesting me, though it may just be too far SW again

Edit: Thunder maybe? But where from? That cell in Kent is too far away and there is nothing else close enough. Maybe it wasn’t. But it did sound like it. 

Edited by Thunderstruck

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Hitting the sack now - hands down this is the most electrified series of storms I’ve ever seen in the UK - flashes at least twice a second from different parts of the sky. My videos however amazing don’t do it justice. Was saying to my sister in law who watched with me that tonight is something I’ll never probably see again here and rivals everything I saw in the US for lightning frequency. Best part about it is that’s so many others are seeing it too. Yay!

• Like 6