Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 19th May 2018 onwards

Posted

Well I arrived in London last night for my 3 night stay in Heathrow. Fingers crossed for later on. Very humid here. Sky is looking pretty good imho and what a view I will have if anything kicks off! Also not a bad view of the airport happenings so I’m a happy bunny atm

4C9844A5-EA30-47CF-ADF1-0F1FB2E0AC43.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

It’s so windy on the sussex coast!

wish it would be still then it would be the calm before the storm! The wind is taking the edge of the humidity which is about 60% right now. 

22c at the end of the pier...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather

It's 23.5°C here. Dewpoint 16.9°c. Humidity 70%. Some clouds and the sun is shining. Definitely feel the humidity here. There's a nice breeze that takes the edge off. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

yay, the sun's finally come out after a loooooong absence!......temps climbing quickly and feeling very muggy despite the breeze....bring it on!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Heading out to Twickenham for the rugby today and it’s incredibly humid and hot. A storm would be lovely to clear the air but if it could hold off till after the game and come tonight then that would be great! Sky does look quite unstable though...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
34 minutes ago, SarahWxm said:

Well I arrived in London last night for my 3 night stay in Heathrow. Fingers crossed for later on. Very humid here. Sky is looking pretty good imho and what a view I will have if anything kicks off! Also not a bad view of the airport happenings so I’m a happy bunny atm

4C9844A5-EA30-47CF-ADF1-0F1FB2E0AC43.jpeg

I think you’ve made 100% the right choice

Posted

Good luck to everyone this weekend, a storm would be welcome here as the last one good one we had was way back in September 2016!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

WRF 6Z looking good for Monday now here as well with NUCAPE around all day and building again during the night. No surface based activity though. Also an upgrade in terms of longevity for Sunday night. 

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters
19 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

WRF 6Z looking good for Monday now here as well with NUCAPE around all day and building again during the night. No surface based activity though. Also an upgrade in terms of longevity for Sunday night. 

Excellent hope the upgrades continue 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Atmosphere continuing to destabilise across the channel in association with the trough moving northwards. As skies continue clear across much of Southern England I expect more showers/storms to intensity and form further eastwards to the current showers.

• Thanks 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

I think you’ve made 100% the right choice

I hope so!! I’m feeling positive but how many times have I felt like that and been disappointed lol. The humidity is really bad and I have had a bad head all day so that normally a good sign! What time are storms supposed to kick off round here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Hope I’m not jinxing here but I’ve only gone and put the batteries on charge.

Edited by tomp456

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
1 minute ago, SarahWxm said:

I hope so!! I’m feeling positive but how many times have I felt like that and been disappointed lol. The humidity is really bad and I have had a bad head all day so that normally a good sign! What time are storms supposed to kick off round here?

Surfaced based storms could fire at any point up until 8pm but the most significant area of interest is the potentially severe elevated stuff that will form as a result of the destabilisation of the airmass over the channel at some time around 7pm onwards.

There was mention of it moving through quicker than anticipated so I don’t know if this has changed the timings at all. I just don’t know...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Big storm!

Skies look interesting here, things bubbling up and a little bit of instability so lets see what happens 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Quite humid here! Current temp. 26.2C, Dew Point 16.7C. I’m really optimistic about later, despite being outside of the Convective Weather MDT zone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and showery airflows
1 hour ago, tomp456 said:

It’s so windy on the sussex coast!

wish it would be still then it would be the calm before the storm! The wind is taking the edge of the humidity which is about 60% right now. 

22c at the end of the pier...

Yep same here just east of Brighton..Nowcasting I reckon for tonight...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Temperature up to 26.3c now, some high level cloud around but nothing too threatening as yet. Feels very humid.