Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread - 19th May 2018 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
20 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

What way is that cell off the coast off Margate moving? It’s not that easy to tell on radar

You can see the animation on this site Thunderstruck,looks to be moving west to me,some new sferics north of that,plus i am keeping an eye on that finger of cells moving out of the Netherlands.

http://beta.meteoradar.co.uk/zoom/1242/887/bliksem?zoom=6#

oh!,and just a final note that i get exited at the prospect for storms to hit the uk even if i don't get one,i like the disscussion in here:D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Got my eye on them cells departing The Zeeland district in Holland, seem to be becoming more electrified and getting closer to the Suffolk coast 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Looks like another bust for here. Ah well, wasn’t really expecting anything tonight, hopefully the weekend delivers. 

Night all. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Got my eye on them cells departing The Zeeland district in Holland, seem to be becoming more electrified and getting closer to the Suffolk coast 

Yes buddy,although the ones SW of that died off,will this one keep going?

Posted
2 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Looks like another bust for here. Ah well, wasn’t really expecting anything tonight, hopefully the weekend delivers. 

Night all. 

Night mate,hope you will get some over the bank holiday,i am pretty confident a lot of us will be reporting during and after that:)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

All the rain seems to be dying off before it reaches the coast coming from the East.

Posted
6 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Yes buddy,although the ones SW of that died off,will this one keep going?

Seems to be a replacement cycle going on in a northwards motion. Once one dies off, another gets going 50 miles north. I think it’s as the energy is circulating around the upper low, most of the energy available is on the periphery of the system. 

• Thanks 1

Posted

It looks to be moving quiet quick that cell off the suffolk coast and would be a blink and miss it affair if it stays electrified,my interest lies into the weekend and beyond where the pattern looks to become slacker for some slow moving storms/troughs etc,it will be interesting the next few days that's for sure:)

• Like 1

Posted

trans.pngThat dutch storm has the biggest top at the moment at 10km high

https://en.sat24.com/en/nl/km

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

The North Sea is a very bad joke - kills off anything coming from the east and re-invigorates anything damp squib-like departing the east coast 

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

The North Sea is a very bad joke - kills off anything coming from the east and re-invigorates anything damp squib-like departing the east coast 

These are elevated storms Norfolk Sheep not surfaced based that happen during durinal heating of the land through the day,the sea has nothing to do with it,i have seen numerous storms out into the sea at night,i hope that helps:)

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Direct hit on south Cumbria at 4 am complete with strobe lightning from elevated storms (you heard it here first ) 

Are you still in the nightclub Moki:D

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

These are elevated storms Norfolk Sheep not surfaced based that happen during durinal heating of the land through the day,the sea has nothing to do with it,i have seen numerous storms out into the sea at night,i hope that helps:)

I've lived here long enough to see all manner of storms finished off/burst into life and keep going for hours (in all directions)  I think the best example was back in the 90s, when an almost defunct system exited the east coast, turned into a monster and then swung back from the NE into Norfolk and delivered an astonishing storm!

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

I've lived here long enough to see all manner of storms finished off/burst into life and keep going for hours (in all directions)  I think the best example was back in the 90s, when an almost defunct system exited the east coast, turned into a monster and then swung back from the NE into Norfolk and delivered an astonishing storm!

I dare say I remember that event. It was in the evening when I noticed a fairly decent storm pass to the South of Peterborough heading WSW (even back then, I thought it was an unusual direction) only to then observe about one hour later, the whole sky turn black from the NE would you believe it, with bright pink anvil crawlers all around! Lasted about an hour before heading westwards into Leicestershire and Northants. I haven’t seen it repeated since. A very very rare event indeed. I would’ve loved to have archived and recorded it to be fair. 

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Sounds great that,a lp tracking west to east or SW to NE,then the swing back on the northern flank from the NE swung SW,is that what happened,do you have any info/charts or sat grabs for this.

Edited by Allseasons-si

Posted
1 minute ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

I dare say I remember that event. It was in the evening when I noticed a fairly decent storm pass to the South of Peterborough heading WSW (even back then, I thought it was an unusual direction) only to then observe about one hour later, the whole sky turn black from the NE would you believe it, with bright pink anvil crawlers all around! Lasted about an hour before heading westwards into Leicestershire and Northants. I haven’t seen it repeated since. A very very rare event indeed. I would’ve loved to have archived and recorded it to be fair. 

Just asking about this as it looked a rare setup^

Posted
Just now, Allseasons-si said:

Just asking about this as it looked a rare setup^

I think it was during the summer of 2003, as I think it was after the final day of leaving primary school lol, which was that year. 

Posted

As i said yesterday that this is a rare situation with the weather coming in from the SE/E,i have not seen this before or i do not re-collect it before or taken notice in my younger/youth days as i was not interested in the weather,as you do

this weather malarkey gets more interesting every year,and i get more enfused from it:D

• Like 2

Posted

A final note from me before i turn in

there will be more oppertunities over the bank holiday weekend for storms,so have your cams charged,fuel full,snacks at the ready,drinks applenty,extra batteries(dont do what i did a few years ago),i forgot to charge my cam on that Manchester storm,was gutted

Oh!!!,and let your missus know what you are doing/where you are going lol:D

and stay safe,night peeps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Allseasons-si said:

Sounds great that,a lp tracking west to east or SW to NE,then the swing back on the northern flank from the NE swung SW,is that what happened,do you have any info/charts or sat grabs for this.

Pretty much, but no charts etc. Think I have a photo somewhere! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All types

I wait live Madrid webcam in Spain and it has got sound I hear people in the city center and the thunder from a big full on thunderstorm going over their