Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Favourite Pub

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Soon back in blighty for a few weeks. Looking forward to a visit to one of my favourite pubs, The Pipe and Glass Inn , South Dalton Park near Beverley. This classic hidden in the Yorkshire Wolds was an old stomping ground of mine 25 years ago. Whats more I played cricket for several years in the ground next to the pub. Happy days, cricket and beer in wonderful surrounding. Paradise found !

homepage_request-a-table.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Dibdale Snooker Club     Old Bulls Head

Slightly different to the above  but this was the place i spent the majority of my youth  and even pop in to this day.  not the best from the outside but there is a woman who frequents there who whistle mexico forever whilst eating a bag of peanuts.    Fun filled evenings.  The second one is were my wife and i decide to go out on a weekend  live music most saturdays  however 3 pound a pint  (gulp)

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons
3 hours ago, carinthian said:

Soon back in blighty for a few weeks. Looking forward to a visit to one of my favourite pubs, The Pipe and Glass Inn , South Dalton Park near Beverley. This classic hidden in the Yorkshire Wolds was an old stomping ground of mine 25 years ago. Whats more I played cricket for several years in the ground next to the pub. Happy days, cricket and beer in wonderful surrounding. Paradise found !

homepage_request-a-table.jpg

Hope it is as good as you remember :)   It used to be a favourite of ours too.

I was sad last time I went .. the beautiful garden at the back no longer open and I was served

the worst prawn salad ever !

Posted
47 minutes ago, Beverley Lass said:

Hope it is as good as you remember :)  It used to be a favourite of ours too.

I was sad last time I went .. the beautiful garden at the back no longer open and I was served

the worst prawn salad ever !

Yes, it was 2000. Probably changed a bit since then.

C

• Like 1

Posted
43 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Quite  like a beer in here ,traditional Manchester pub even though it's in Chorlton  was in on Friday gone ,lol

IMG_1769.JPG

Remember some great pubs in Manchester when I worked there in the early 1970s. Tommy Ducks with all the knickers hanging from the ceiling ! Sams Chop House and many more around the Cathedral.

C

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

My Favourites are the Rose and Crown Chelmsford which is now gone the Railway Tavern in Chelmsford....Black Horse in Exeter and the Horse & Groom Exeter who i played sunday league towards the end of my playing days

the-black-horse-greene-king-public-house-exeter-devon-england-uk-H6JM2N.jpg

e5e6524c71cff18eeb85bafc532d6f12.jpg

rosecrowre.jpg

HorseGroom_00.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Will be paying a visit or two here this weekend, The Horse and Groom, Rushlake Green in East Sussex. Its my local when back in Blighty. Great old pub with lots of beams and only small inside but with a super nice beer garden. Shepherds Neame Draught bitter usually on tap. The pub also over looks the village green with plenty of summer time events going on at weekends. Sadly no cricket ground. Nice part of the Sussex Weald and usually nice weather in summer. Always look forward to going back.

C

25498396_1884601545202649_1367042750982861787_n.jpg

18952658_1795513467444791_8215868159235445136_n.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Coming from Sussex, i've been to the rushlake green pub a fair few times - my parents often went out on a Saturday night for a meal, so faves include The berwick  inn, Berwick, The horseshoe Inn, Herstmonceux  ( been here loads of times as it hosted a clubbing event in it's function room) The Star Inn, Normans Bay, The tiger Inn, East dean and my local growing up The British Queen. All Traditional pubs, some with log fires, a world away from the sadness that is a 'chain pub' , and sadly something My daughter, due to these 'chains' will never see. 

• Like 1

Posted
54 minutes ago, Dami said:

Coming from Sussex, i've been to the rushlake green pub a fair few times - my parents often went out on a Saturday night for a meal, so faves include The berwick  inn, Berwick, The horseshoe Inn, Herstmonceux  ( been here loads of times as it hosted a clubbing event in it's function room) The Star Inn, Normans Bay, The tiger Inn, East dean and my local growing up The British Queen. All Traditional pubs, some with log fires, a world away from the sadness that is a 'chain pub' , and sadly something My daughter, due to these 'chains' will never see. 

Been to most of those you mention including vintage MG car rally at the Horseshoe Inn. Still some great pubs around. Harvester and Toby Carvery not for me, although Wetherspoons have a great range of real ales priced very affordable.

C

Posted
3 hours ago, weirpig said:

Some of these pubs look beautiful   a very british tradition 

I love the culture of British Pubs. That's one thing I miss more than anything living out in a foreign land for most of the time. My daughter who lives in Stockholm has a British pub local , The Tudor Rose and it sells London Pride. It is packed with Swedes and Brits but expensive out there (£5 ) a pint. Same in Vancouver where my son lives, the English theme pubs are always packed as they are best for atmosphere.

C

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

One of the top ten beach bars in the world....

.. and In North Wales!

Great in a day like today!  Cheers!

The Ty Coch Inn is arguably the best pub in Wales and OFFICIALLY in the top ten beach bars in the world... according to a recent survey 

It is situated in the village of Porthdinllaen near Morfa Nefyn, Gwynedd, on the north coast of the Lleyn peninsular.

With views across the Irish Sea to The Rivals and a sandy beach on its doorstep what better way to while away the hours.

http://www.tycoch.co.uk

slide-2.jpg

slide-1.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, kar999 said:

One of the top ten beach bars in the world....

.. and In North Wales!

Great in a day like today!  Cheers!

The Ty Coch Inn is arguably the best pub in Wales and OFFICIALLY in the top ten beach bars in the world... according to a recent survey 

It is situated in the village of Porthdinllaen near Morfa Nefyn, Gwynedd, on the north coast of the Lleyn peninsular.

With views across the Irish Sea to The Rivals and a sandy beach on its doorstep what better way to while away the hours.

http://www.tycoch.co.uk

slide-2.jpg

slide-1.jpg

Been there quite a few times when I was a young kid. My parents had a caravan in Abersoch ( Sarn Bach ) Last time I was there was about 1976 in the hot summer and had my honeymoon there. My wife had never seen the sea until then as she was from landlocked Austria ! Think I played a round of golf at Morfa Nefyn GC without much success. Certainly enjoyed a pint a two at this pub. Remember the waves were quite something near that beach.

C

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, carinthian said:

Been there quite a few times when I was a young kid. My parents had a caravan in Abersoch ( Sarn Bach ) Last time I was there was about 1976 in the hot summer and had my honeymoon there. My wife had never seen the sea until then as she was from landlocked Austria ! Think I played a round of golf at Morfa Nefyn GC without much success. Certainly enjoyed a pint a two at this pub. Remember the waves were quite something near that beach.

C

There were videos this winter on Facebook ( I believe) of storm waves crashing at the pub wall...

However I prefer it on days like today similar to this one ...

IMG_20140711_141456521.thumb.jpg.65be345eb32ed20a70e31ba104154797.jpg

• Like 1