Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Stormchase 2018 - Chase Day 2 - WY.NE/CO

Paul Sherman

Posted

Starting today in Burlington with target of Eastern Wyoming for some upslope storms which will hopefully become Supercells.

Regards

Paul

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

Burlington Inn!!  Chinese for tea then? or Maccies?

should be a good day to ease in the guests!

Posted

You might be OK in the Sydney/Bridgeport NE area if RAP is anything to go by. Seems quite keen on up to 60F dps in the low upslope region around 22Z. Sim reflectivity develops what look like elevated storms.

Edited by nsrobins

Posted
5 hours ago, Crashlanding said:

Burlington Inn!!  Chinese for tea then? or Maccies?

should be a good day to ease in the guests!

No No No

Much better restaurant opened here in 2016 and we went there, lovely meal and stayed at a new hotel over the road near the Best Western

Posted

MD Issued - Bang on it! Bring it on for some Supercell Structures

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
1 hour ago, Paul Sherman said:

MD Issued - Bang on it! Bring it on for some Supercell Structures

go on, giz a clue as you arent streaming and gps shows you still in dallas.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Some really good footage on the stream tonight lovely looking structure and nice lightning :) looking forward to seeing some photos and videos. 

Posted
6 hours ago, multi cellular thunderstorm said:

Some really good footage on the stream tonight lovely looking structure and nice lightning :) looking forward to seeing some photos and videos. 

The stream wasnt in the usual place?????

Bit disappointed in the team, no updates or comments to us at home. 

The structures and hail on other chasers feeds were pretty awesome before I fell asleep.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
2 hours ago, matty40s said:

The structures and hail on other chasers feeds were pretty awesome before I fell asleep.

In fairness, the priority of the team is to get to the best action for paying guests. We'll do our best to update while out there but in the heat of chasing it takes a back seat at times and internet can be patchy. 

• Like 1

Posted

As a matter of fact, there was plenty of streaming on the Weather Holidays Facebook page last night. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
2 hours ago, matty40s said:

The WeatherHolidays facebook page (part of Netweather) had the live stream although at times I was the only one watching! I believe it was also on the normal Netweather page though, it was patchy early on but improved after midnight.

Posted
7 hours ago, matty40s said:

Very dissapointed in this response Matty to be honest. My number one aim is for my PAYING guests and keeping them safe whilst around a Dangerous HP Supercell, not only dodging Golfball Hail, navigating my next move with a Tornado in a field next to us about 500 metres away, sometimes your mind slips that the streaming might have dropped out. When its easy with a dodge city tornado then thats not a problem.

• Like 5

Posted
8 hours ago, multi cellular thunderstorm said:

The WeatherHolidays facebook page (part of Netweather) had the live stream although at times I was the only one watching! I believe it was also on the normal Netweather page though, it was patchy early on but improved after midnight.

OK,  I don't do Facebook and had never heard of that page.

The live streaming used to be on this site and the map on this site updated, I wasn't aware this no longer happens. At this time of year it used to be moved to the top of the page, still at the bottom.

When I said team I meant all the people over there who must be netweather members??...not just the drivers and organisers.

Sorry for being such a prehistoric storm chaser,  some of us struggle with mobile internets due to location and signal. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, matty40s said:

OK,  I don't do Facebook and had never heard of that page.

The live streaming used to be on this site and the map on this site updated, I wasn't aware this no longer happens. At this time of year it used to be moved to the top of the page, still at the bottom.

When I said team I meant all the people over there who must be netweather members??...not just the drivers and organisers.

Sorry for being such a prehistoric storm chaser,  some of us struggle with mobile internets due to location and signal. 

Not sure what you mean here? Only a handful of guests are members of the forum, even fewer actively post here. With respect, it's not for paying guests to be lumbered with a responsibility of posting updates for those at home. Obviously, we will do our best to keep the forum updated, but when you're out there with patchy internet and distracted by some amazing storms, it's low on the priorities.

Posted

I also had zero internet for 45 minutes yesterday between La Grange and Bridgeport so nobody would have seen anything anyway.

Cant please everyone, best thing to do is either book a tour or go out yourself and see how easy it is getting the 1 red dot on a map 5 times the size of Europe

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Not sure what you mean here? Only a handful of guests are members of the forum, even fewer actively post here. With respect, it's not for paying guests to be lumbered with a responsibility of posting updates for those at home. Obviously, we will do our best to keep the forum updated, but when you're out there with patchy internet and distracted by some amazing storms, it's low on the priorities.

What I mean is, until an hour ago I had never heard of the above Facebook page or Weatherholidays. 

I have been on here for 10 years?? ....And the maps and  chasing have always been visible on here(the website main page). I wasn't aware when this changed.

Of course we expect streams to drop out but the map shows the car in the same place it was in Dallas yesterday.??

I am not trying to argue, just pointing out that not all of us are aware that things have changed.

Posted
1 minute ago, matty40s said:

What I mean is, until an hour ago I had never heard of the above Facebook page or Weatherholidays. 

I have been on here for 10 years?? ....And the maps and  chasing have always been visible on here(the website main page). I wasn't aware when this changed.

Of course we expect streams to drop out but the map shows the car in the same place it was in Dallas yesterday.??

I am not trying to argue, just pointing out that not all of us are aware that things have changed.

Perhaps it could have been publicised better to be fair, it has been a fairly low key build up this year.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Here is a video yesterday of the lead up and of the tornado which dropped next to us whilst we were under the meso. 

sorry about the upside down bit - I was holding 2 devices recording at the time whilst trying to ensure that the tornado didn’t cross our path. 

On another note, when we noticed that the stream had dropped out the computer needed to be reloaded and then chose to reupdate itself at that critical moment with the signal dropping out. We were in an extremely dangerous position where everyone needed all there wits about them as the radar grab shows. 

2DF237DD-712B-4211-AB6A-1483FE5095D2.thumb.png.939a0edccc8c4113ad09b55824c7adf7.png05A67491-C958-4959-B736-CD87BF648171.thumb.png.a9ff5d4e35421ff2c41ec742fa21e983.png

Posted
3 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

Here is a video yesterday of the lead up and of the tornado which dropped next to us whilst we were under the meso. 

sorry about the upside down bit - I was holding 2 devices recording at the time whilst trying to ensure that the tornado didn’t cross our path. 

On another note, when we noticed that the stream had dropped out the computer needed to be reloaded and then chose to reupdate itself at that critical moment with the signal dropping out. We were in an extremely dangerous position where everyone needed all there wits about them as the radar grab shows. 

2DF237DD-712B-4211-AB6A-1483FE5095D2.thumb.png.939a0edccc8c4113ad09b55824c7adf7.png05A67491-C958-4959-B736-CD87BF648171.thumb.png.a9ff5d4e35421ff2c41ec742fa21e983.png

Jesus wept that radar grab.

• Like 1

Posted

I think you did pretty well to get on THE storm of the evening without worrying about the quality of the stream.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Just had a look at the video I took prior to the one above and have screenshot some lightning photos. Can anyone see the possible tornado a full five minutes before we turned the corner and saw it on our right? 

Photos 3,6&7

Last  photo shows nado on the ground

2466B5F1-2FF4-43AB-9F40-8431ED616787.thumb.png.325f8c5690d2ac131f27e84b83bd188e.pngA5B23FEE-1F01-4BAE-A9A9-7F77E720D841.thumb.png.5a626a8b830d76889be1a40cc15d6215.pngFBF13D0F-A760-418F-8158-B3AD991A814A.thumb.png.e0204c434fd167d857cb07710eb8fb8f.pngACA86CFF-8FDC-4259-8F89-B2958293DF1A.thumb.png.d2defeebb5c4ac848f7d8c06786d6e7a.png7162C843-6574-4EB5-9EFA-74366D786A0B.thumb.png.5b45e440b8c275762e8897176e051238.png2C97781D-25B5-4D3D-ADDA-DA275B0DFFCD.thumb.png.8ea4b729f47521bac5eb60ff0b56c2e3.png017AF334-D0CD-4ABB-BC04-D58D2977D00D.thumb.jpeg.8281a3f926420ef30a2e2d05c9fd4ade.jpegEA79FCC5-7D38-4B01-A1DF-4D9985D05DAB.thumb.png.40eb132477724b2b3ca66f2944649e0b.png

Edited by chionomaniac
  • Like 3

Posted

Good work Ed.

Here are a couple of shots from my phone in the lead car.

IMG_20180510_170535030.thumb.jpg.9de77a8fed727872199ac78bd1f62c43.jpgIMG_20180510_170446956.thumb.jpg.fa7ee70fe36192ce7aa19bf2faf4ee86.jpg

Snapshot1.thumb.jpg.ab418e06427eaed44664f5054ac920d8.jpgSnapshot2.thumb.jpg.5a79ec6913f55778d9d77e72f68316ca.jpg

I think we'll need to wait for Rich's iphone footage that was mounted on the lead windscreen.

image.thumb.png.a39f8466a512b7e64a8a4b64bd08bf6e.png

I remember keeping an eye on it at the time, as it had a good view of what was going on above.