Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Maplin W-8681-PRO sending wrong data to Wunderground

Hi, help / advice please.

I have a Watson W-8681-PRO II which seems to be sending bum data to Wunderground. I have reset the weather station and the receiving display and tried moving the display to different locations. I have logged off Wunderground and reloaded in. The display’s stored data appears to be correct and differs from what I see on Wunderground.

Examples are. Periodically data appearing on Wunderground drops out completely (but it’s there in the display’s memory). Currently Wunderground is showing 30C yet the display is showing 18C

This has been going on for about 6 months, before that it was working fine.

Any ideas or suggestions how I can correct this would be gratefully received.

Thankyou in anticipation.

Posted

Is this with the stock software? It might be that it doesn't work correctly with Wunderground. I'd give cumulus a go and see if that resolves it.

Mind you, Wunderground is pretty buggy these days even on my Davis. Often it shows the station offline even when it's updating fine, reverts to fahrenheit for no reason and refuses to update for ages.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snow. https://www.tamworthweather.co.uk

I have the same weather station (maplin version) maybe the firmware needs upgrading on the console, mine is on 2.3.1 and is working fine at the moment, although only been up and running with it for 1 month so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear sky or snow

I had a problem with somebody else uploading data to my wunderground account, I have no idea how and wunderground support was rubbish and took months to do anything about.

but the data on wunderground was different from my station, it probably isn't this but the test is to stop uploading your data and see what happens with wunderground, if data is still being displayed it's coming from somewhere else and not you.

• 1 month later...
Posted
On 19/05/2018 at 06:39, Morning Rain said:

I have the same weather station (maplin version) maybe the firmware needs upgrading on the console, mine is on 2.3.1 and is working fine at the moment, although only been up and running with it for 1 month so far.

Do you have a link for the firmware please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snow. https://www.tamworthweather.co.uk
On 22 June 2018 at 14:58, AndrewUK said:

Do you have a link for the firmware please?

I got it from here http://www.aercusinstruments.com/content/downloads/HP1000 STF1.zip 

you will need to put it onto a SD card to upgrade your console. You will lose all current stored data though, but I believe you can modify the main.ini file to stop it doing that.

Posted
28 minutes ago, Morning Rain said:

I got it from here http://www.aercusinstruments.com/content/downloads/HP1000 STF1.zip 

you will need to put it onto a SD card to upgrade your console. You will lose all current stored data though, but I believe you can modify the main.ini file to stop it doing that.

Thanks, just checked and mine is currently 2.3.1. Is the link for the same or newer firmware? It's working fine so a bit reluctant in case it bricks it.Lol

Posted
1 hour ago, AndrewUK said:

Thanks, just checked and mine is currently 2.3.1. Is the link for the same or newer firmware? It's working fine so a bit reluctant in case it bricks it.Lol

Yeah it will be the same, unless a newer firmware is released that changes something significantly I would stay on 2.3.1. If it's not broke don't fix it lol.

Posted

Yes quite agree. On a separate note, how is your outdoor sensor with batteries? Do you ever find you have to change/recharge them after a while? I had an issue where they didn't seen to charge from solar, think it was the set of batteries as they were from the sensor previous to this one. I have put new ones in and well see how long they last.

• 1 year later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear sky or snow
8 hours ago, Darren272 said:

Hi I have the watson  w-8681 pro ll Which I bought from ebay but, I dont have the CD rom  could anyone upload this data gdrive and share or know where I can get it many thanks

try here it should work