Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2018 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Message added by Paul

Please ensure you stick to the forum guidelines when using this thread, particularly when it comes to discussing weather preferences:

Weather Guilt-Tripping - Please don't suggest people are selfish for enjoying or even looking forward to a certain weather type. Everyone has different weather preferences, but since none of us can control the weather, no-one should be made to feel guilty or foolish for liking it.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/guidelines/

Posted
14 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

I think it will slip down further.

Even further than that do you mean? Either way it'll be interesting to see what effect the next 10 days have on the final positioning of Summer 2018 on your indices list.

Posted
31 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Even further than that do you mean? Either way it'll be interesting to see what effect the next 10 days have on the final positioning of Summer 2018 on your indices list.

Not looking especially warm after tomorrow. Depends on how much sunshine as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
1 hour ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Do you think it will remain in 3rd position right until the end. Or do you think it could still slip below 1983 or even 1955 into 4th or 5th place yet even?

id like to see it below 1983, because i think 83 was a better summer then this one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, simshady said:

Looking cooler for my birthday tomorrow then cooler still for the rest of the week. Lovely. :)

cheese soon I think too, then mine

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Chance of a flurry on the highest peaks over the weekend as some cold upper air pushes in from the N/W.

FB_IMG_1534875247342.thumb.jpg.57ccb4128869e1755b28df1af2025429.jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted

2013 will remain in first place for summer of the 2000’s here. 2006 and 2018 both have good and bad but will wait and see what happens in the next week or so. 2018 was poor in the first 3 weeks of June then good and bad in August. Whereas 2006 was better in June and better in July overall but worse in August so not sure which I would choose out the 2. Still very good nonetheless. 2003 and 2014 follow but will have to read up on other years aswell to see if any match these 2 reasonably good summers too

Edited by Matthew.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Really unpleasant late August day,very humid,heavy cloud,little breeze...nothing to like at all. So looking forward to those fresher conditions pushing in,a lovely change. Bank holiday weekend looking good as well,bit of rain,no washout but so much fresher,very nice!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

On 21/08/2018 at 17:53, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

cheese soon I think too, then mine

Mine is today! Fortunately, the weather was pretty nice - warm and dry with a bit of sunshine (although rather cloudy after noon). 

Tomorrow should be okay but the rest of the week is undeniably looking like a steaming pile of poop. The Met Office say a high of 15C on Friday which by anyone's definiton is cold for the time of year, and with a gusty NW wind and showers it won't feel warm at all whether the sun comes out or not. Totally useless and unacceptable weather for late August.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
30 minutes ago, cheese said:

anyone's definiton is cold for the time of year, and with a gusty NW wind and showers it won't feel warm at all whether the sun comes out or not. Totally useless and unacceptable weather for late August.

That's only your opinion though...definitions of cold do vary,one could call that nice and fresh!.....Happy Birthday by the way!

Posted
1 hour ago, cheese said:

Mine is today! Fortunately, the weather was pretty nice - warm and dry with a bit of sunshine (although rather cloudy after noon). 

Tomorrow should be okay but the rest of the week is undeniably looking like a steaming pile of poop. The Met Office say a high of 15C on Friday which by anyone's definiton is cold for the time of year, and with a gusty NW wind and showers it won't feel warm at all whether the sun comes out or not. Totally useless and unacceptable weather for late August.

happy b'day! agree about Friday 15 degrees max being cold, will feel chilly in the wind, especially as we've been used to 20 degrees plus and warmish winds

for my birthday though EC going for decent weather

ECM1-240.GIF?22-0

Posted

the horrid cold front reached here now, too hot feeling now as mold allergy starts with window open

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
35 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

happy b'day! agree about Friday 15 degrees max being cold, will feel chilly in the wind, especially as we've been used to 20 degrees plus and warmish winds

ECM1-240.GIF?22-0

Pool of cold uppers though due to the upper weakness. Would not be shocked to see a load of north sea cloud from that.

Posted
18 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Pool of cold uppers though due to the upper weakness. Would not be shocked to see a load of north sea cloud from that.

240 though, surely not turn out like that? general trend decent for early Sept

any 240 EC chart ever come off? not sure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Been a bit quite in here today think summer is dying a slow death !! Time  for autumn early autumn heat- this is surely the most agreeable type of heat, warm enough still for the hot brigade - and not too hot for all the oh my god my flat is too hot and never cools down contingent on the other !! ??

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Been a bit quite in here today think summer is dying a slow death !! Time  for autumn early autumn heat- this is surely the most agreeable type of heat, warm enough still for the hot brigade - and not too hot for all the oh my god my flat is too hot and never cools down contingent on the other !! ??

Yes a good start for August, but the 'promised' southerly plumes for the rest, aint gonna happen! Summer drifting away now, perhaps warm at times for the south into September but not much to 'like'  for those living in the north....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
7 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Yes a good start for August, but the 'promised' southerly plumes for the rest, aint gonna happen! Summer drifting away now, perhaps warm at times for the south into September but not much to 'like'  for those living in the north....

Yes plants are starting to look a bit tired now, the warmth of May when everything bursted into life seems a long while ago now. Always a sign that Summer is coming to an end when the football season begins too.

3 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

ECM1-240.GIF?22-0

Lovely chart hope it verifies. Probably unlikely.

But will be pleased to see an end to these WSW winds and the moist conditions. Even if it does mean turning cooler. 

Edited by J10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer

Where has summer 2018 gone? Whos flushed it down the pan cos im surprised its being compared with 1976 and 1995 still.   There have been loads of features missing this summer such as strong Southernly plumes. Why Is it we can we get a southernly in crap summers like 2007 and 2012 yet could'nt gain a single gush of S'ly air in 2018???

Edited by 38.5*C

Posted

This cold front sure has prepped up a bit! We were only supposed to have a short spell of light or moderate rain but it's chucking it down and has dropped almost 17mm already!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
13 hours ago, Matthew. said:

2013 will remain in first place for summer of the 2000’s here. 2006 and 2018 both have good and bad but will wait and see what happens in the next week or so. 2018 was poor in the first 3 weeks of June then good and bad in August. Whereas 2006 was better in June and better in July overall but worse in August so not sure which I would choose out the 2. Still very good nonetheless. 2003 and 2014 follow but will have to read up on other years aswell to see if any match these 2 reasonably good summers too

that depends on your location.

2013 was a 3 week wonder and even that was broken.. one weekend in july we saw no sun, just north sea stratus.

for me, 2018 was the best summer of the 00's , 2013 was the poorest (of hot summers) with 2006 in second, 2003 in third.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I love sharply clearing cold fronts. Really grim out there this morning, light rain, low cloud, but in a couple of hours it will be wall-to-wall sunshine and much fresher conditions.

• Like 2