Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Summer Sun

Summer 2018 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Paul

Please ensure you stick to the forum guidelines when using this thread, particularly when it comes to discussing weather preferences:

Quote

Weather Guilt-Tripping - Please don't suggest people are selfish for enjoying or even looking forward to a certain weather type. Everyone has different weather preferences, but since none of us can control the weather, no-one should be made to feel guilty or foolish for liking it.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/guidelines/

Message added by Paul

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Jezzer said:

😜 they’re getting set for Friday then 

still find that day on July 1 2015 remarkable in that it came in a very short lived heatwave in a pretty average and otherwise non noteworthy summer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Weather-history said:

Shawbury has recorded just over 200hrs of sunshine thus far this month.

Yes, that's three consecutive months which has not happened since the 90s.

While 1995 was two months of superb weather, 2018 so far has been three months of very good weather. Just missing that 30C (tomorrow or Fri?), and if we can avoid setups where the SE is 10-15C warmer than everywhere else all the better. Don't begrudge them anything, but too often they don't share it enough......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

Yes, that's three consecutive months which has not happened since the 90s.

While 1995 was two months of superb weather, 2018 so far has been three months of very good weather. Just missing that 30C (tomorrow or Fri?), and if we can avoid setups where the SE is 10-15C warmer than everywhere else all the better. Don't begrudge them anything, but too often they don't share it enough......

im sure there are plenty of people in the south east who dont want to be 10-15c hotter than others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

Yes, that's three consecutive months which has not happened since the 90s.

While 1995 was two months of superb weather, 2018 so far has been three months of very good weather. Just missing that 30C (tomorrow or Fri?), and if we can avoid setups where the SE is 10-15C warmer than everywhere else all the better. Don't begrudge them anything, but too often they don't share it enough......

I feel you. Classic summers have nationwide heat, not 'SE hot, everywhere else cool'.

Anyway, could be 32C here tomorrow if Arpege is correct. We reached 30C eight times in 1995 though so we are quite a long way from that here.

Edited by cheese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

Yes, that's three consecutive months which has not happened since the 90s.

While 1995 was two months of superb weather, 2018 so far has been three months of very good weather. Just missing that 30C (tomorrow or Fri?), and if we can avoid setups where the SE is 10-15C warmer than everywhere else all the better. Don't begrudge them anything, but too often they don't share it enough......

It was nice in may and June when the warmth was spread around, now the heat is more focused, unfortunately...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

It was nice in may and June when the warmth was spread around, now the heat is more focused, unfortunately...

The latter part of June was in a league of its own when it came to sunshine, can't remember so many blue skies in summer for years. Since about 12-13 July the sunshine amount has dropped noticeably, having said that today wasn't short on it.

I think some NE facing coasts had some issues with fog/murk earlier on in the summer, so understandable if they find this spell better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

The latter part of June was in a league of its own when it came to sunshine, can't remember so many blue skies in summer for years. Since about 12-13 July the sunshine amount has dropped noticeably, having said that today wasn't short on it.

I think some NE facing coasts had some issues with fog/murk earlier on in the summer, so understandable if they find this spell better.

Very true about the fog/murk, its gone from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Summer Sun said:

Quite fresh up north compared to some southern parts

737f3967-d002-4c57-987d-cc5985e9bcf8.thumb.png.d825946ce2a165378d2d6e57428508ff.png

Aye, let them cook 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Quite fresh up north compared to some southern parts

737f3967-d002-4c57-987d-cc5985e9bcf8.thumb.png.d825946ce2a165378d2d6e57428508ff.png

Shame.:rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Aye, let them cook 😁

Have taken next two weeks off to marinate, luxuries of being the boss.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Have taken next two weeks off to marinate, luxuries of being the boss.😁

Ha ha now I'm sort of retired  I like to sit out in drizzle and 14 c 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Ha ha now I'm sort of retired  I like to sit out in drizzle and 14 c 😁

You get about a bit though, away for August?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DAVID SNOW said:

You get about a bit though, away for August?

Aye, quite lucky that way  I'm in Utah hiking 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

31c/32c widely across the SE/EA at midday. Very possible the July record of 36.7c could be beaten today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More higher cloudcover today and some turrets to the east signs of thunder.

The next few days will be a shock to the system with the atlantic really crashing in,lows much further south than the whole of summer.

Rtavn481.gif very wet and windy sunday  perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's 25C and cloudy here so it looks like we won't be reaching 30C after all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As per Cheese, it looks like a large bank of cloud has developed over the east Midlands. 

image.thumb.png.b0d24b9c5f41255827bb282e8a5a9d93.png

Nothing on radar yet but the BBC and GFS are going for thunder.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still looking like the first week of August will be the peak in terms of temperature away from the South East.  This is the ensemble forecast for Cardiff for example:

 

gefsens850Cardiff0.png

Edited by gbrunner12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...