Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Summer Sun

Summer 2018 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Paul

Please ensure you stick to the forum guidelines when using this thread, particularly when it comes to discussing weather preferences:

Quote

Weather Guilt-Tripping - Please don't suggest people are selfish for enjoying or even looking forward to a certain weather type. Everyone has different weather preferences, but since none of us can control the weather, no-one should be made to feel guilty or foolish for liking it.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/guidelines/

Message added by Paul

Recommended Posts

GFS is showing a blink and miss S-ly plume.

Monday looks hotter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This utter misery has to end soon,another week of it will finish me. Long time since i've felt as bad as this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite an amazingly hot run from the latest gfs but bear in mind this is at the 300hr mark so highly uncertain as to whether this is going to come off. Just for fun 😊

368C54A2-1B8F-43B7-954D-7E42FB12BBFF.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This year just continues to be exceptional. We've now had 722 hours of sunshine since 1st May - that's an average of 8.7 hours per day for almost three months. In fact, if the remaining days of summer have just average sunshine, then it'll be the sunniest summer on record.

We've only had 20.2mm of rain this summer over five days and 51.8mm of rain since 28th April.

Then there's the upcoming heat...

This is definitely one that will be remembered for long time.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/07/2018 at 09:12, markyo said:

This utter misery has to end soon,another week of it will finish me. Long time since i've felt as bad as this.

ya jokin' aren't you? this is nothing, not had the southerlies yet, model runs, last few days flirting with 36 degree temps, 

my profile pic cool everyone down? cool weather setup 10th Dec '17

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

ya jokin' aren't you? this is nothing, not had the southerlies yet, model runs, last few days flirting with 36 degree temps, 

my profile pic cool everyone down? cool weather setup 10th Dec '17

Not joking at all. Dreading the coming week

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A hot and sultry week coming up here in London. The temperature was 22c already this morning before 8am! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good chance for daily records to be broken over the next few days

23rd 33.4
24th 32.6
25th 33.9
26th 33.3

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 09:12, markyo said:

This utter misery has to end soon,another week of it will finish me. Long time since i've felt as bad as this.

The sad thing is many people don't appreciate that people really struggle in this, from young babies to elderly to asthmatic. Meanwhile they're sitting there going yay it could be 40oC. I'm same as you - hate the heat. Suffer really bad with prickly heat. It's a nightmare.

Edited by c00ps
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Level 3 heatwave alert issued for parts of the south - Yorkshire, Humber & the SW remain on L2 whilst NW & NE England remain clear on level 1

Current watch level: Level 3 - Heatwave Action

Issued at: 09:03 on Mon 23 Jul 2018

There is a 90 % probability of heatwave conditions between 0900 on Monday and 0900 on Friday in parts of England.

On Monday, hot and humid air will lie over the east and southeast of England, with cloud and outbreaks of rain across northern England. The cloud and rain will gradually break up and turn showery in the north, with some of these heavy and thundery. South of the rain, long spells of sunshine, will develop with temperatures generally ranging from very warm in West and East Midlands, to hot and humid, locally very hot in east and southeastern areas. Away from northern England, dry and sunny weather should dominate through the week, but interspersed with heavy showers in afternoon and evening periods. Temperatures will be very warm or hot, locally very hot in the east. Thresholds could be breached in places from Monday onwards, with very warm and muggy overnight conditions. Yorkshire and Humber and southwest England will also see temperatures rise through the week, but with cloud and outbreaks of rain affecting the north and west, there is a lower risk of thresholds being reached. There is a chance that Alerts will need to be downgraded and/or extended for the end of the week, however confidence is currently low and this will be reviewed through the week.

An update will be issued when the alert level changes in any region. Alerts are issued once a day by 0900 if required and are not subject to amendment in between standard issue times. Note that the details of the forecast weather are valid at the time of issue but may change over the period that an alert remains in force. These details will not be updated here unless the alert level also changes, the latest forecast details can be obtained at the following link: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/#?tab=map

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/heat-health/#?tab=heatHealth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, c00ps said:

The sad thing is many people don't appreciate that people really struggle in this, from young babies to elderly to asthmatic. Meanwhile they're sitting there going yay it could be 40oC. I'm same as you - hate the heat. Suffer really bad with prickly heat. It's a nightmare.

I think we all appreciate that, but since there is diddly squat any of us can do about it, those of us who enjoy the heat might as well make the most of it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27c already being reported at 10am across a swathe of sites in the SE/E Anglia. It's going to be a hot one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for fun I reckon a 34 will be recorded in a couple places this afternoon probably near east anglia let’s say 34.3 my prediction haha I personally find this heat uncomfortable but I’m glad other people are making the most out of this incredible summer so far! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cheese said:

I think we all appreciate that, but since there is diddly squat any of us can do about it, those of us who enjoy the heat might as well make the most of it.  

From posts I've seen certainly not everyone is appreciative of it like yourself. In fact some are almost antagonistic in their approach. Hey ho. Like you said, let those that enjoy it, enjoy. Those that don't, it'll change soon enough and in the meantime hopefully not too many more hospital trips for those that suffer.

Edited by c00ps
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a min temp of 18.6C last night, which is the warmest on record not just for July, but any day back to 1980, beating the previous record of 18.4C on 10th August 1991.

Already at 10:30 we'd hit 26.1C today.

I'm finding it interesting as a weather enthusiast, but its about time it cooled down now! Our house didn't drop below 27.0C all night, absolutely unbearable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 40c barrier to be broken somewhere in the se over the next fortnight ?  Highley unlikely I know, its about 104f  in old money. 

Edited by snowflakey
corect sentance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30c being recorded at Heathrow at 11.50am. 

I work in central London and it is scorching out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, c00ps said:

The sad thing is many people don't appreciate that people really struggle in this, from young babies to elderly to asthmatic. Meanwhile they're sitting there going yay it could be 40oC. I'm same as you - hate the heat. Suffer really bad with prickly heat. It's a nightmare.

There’s a few idiots on this forum, best ignored, same in winter when 1962-3 is constantly brought up as some sort of ideal fantasy (the reality being far different).

Personally speaking, I’d never wish anyone any discomfort or illness to do with the weather. We can’t change the weather, though, just make the best of it.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cheese said:

I think we all appreciate that, but since there is diddly squat any of us can do about it, those of us who enjoy the heat might as well make the most of it. 

'might as well make the most of it'...really? you don't anticipate much of this in the years ahead then? as I certainly do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

There’s a few idiots on this forum, best ignored, same in winter when 1962-3 is constantly brought up as some sort of ideal fantasy (the reality being far different).

Personally speaking, I’d never wish anyone any discomfort or illness to do with the weather. We can’t change the weather, though, just make the best of it.

Those wishing for 40C will no doubt have every sympathy for the vulnerable. I know I do. I'm a fan of extreme weather - not the chaos and destruction it can create, but the beauty and rarity of it.

In my opinion, records are there to be broken and given the pattern this summer there is every chance we could break our all-time record high. This is a weather forum and enthusiasts should not be branded idiots just for wanting to experience a potentially once in a lifetime spell of summer heat (or conversely, a severe and snowy winter). The weather will do as it pleases, regardless of people's preference on here 😄

Edited by Liima
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

There’s a few idiots on this forum, best ignored, same in winter when 1962-3 is constantly brought up as some sort of ideal fantasy (the reality being far different).

Personally speaking, I’d never wish anyone any discomfort or illness to do with the weather. We can’t change the weather, though, just make the best of it.

If only some on here had your attitude instead of being belligerent all the time. Today has been a bit humid and playing havoc with my chest problems. Had to use my inhaler a few times already.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

A good chance for daily records to be broken over the next few days

23rd 33.4
24th 32.6
25th 33.9
26th 33.3

33.3C in Santon Downham so far

Not quite a daily record but it's the hottest day of the year so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Liima said:

Those wishing for 40C will no doubt have every sympathy for the vulnerable. I know I do. I'm a fan of extreme weather - not the chaos and destruction it can create, but the beauty and rarity of it.

In my opinion, records are there to be broken and given the pattern this summer there is every chance we could break our all-time record high. This is a weather forum and enthusiasts should not be branded idiots just for wanting to experience a potentially once in a lifetime spell of summer heat (or conversely, a severe and snowy winter). The weather will do as it pleases, regardless of people's preference on here 😄

I didn’t say people were idiots for wanting to experience extremes. That’s all part of being a weather enthusiast. It’s the unnecessary goading of others and spite that I don’t like. Happens more in winter but this year there’s plenty of it in summer. No need.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

33.3C in Santon Downham so far

Not quite a daily record but it's the hottest day of the year so far

Not far from me, that station. It recorded the lowest minimum in the UK yesterday (11.0C), and could record the highest max today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×