Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2018 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Message added by Paul

Please ensure you stick to the forum guidelines when using this thread, particularly when it comes to discussing weather preferences:

Weather Guilt-Tripping - Please don't suggest people are selfish for enjoying or even looking forward to a certain weather type. Everyone has different weather preferences, but since none of us can control the weather, no-one should be made to feel guilty or foolish for liking it.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/guidelines/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Well, what a great day! 'Howling' wind and lashing rain. Reminds me of some great autumnal weather of the past and hopefully there's more to come. :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A funny ol' month really. 26.4mm of rain here today, taking the monthly total to 61.8mm. Average temps are still running 1.1°C above the MetO derived average for this area, so not all bad.

Posted
54 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Well seeing as there's nothing I can do about it, I'm going to enjoy it, I don't need to be outdoors to be happy!

I think we need a bit of perspective here. This spring/summer had 2-3 months of near-constant outdoor weather. I'm sure people can cope with a soaker of a day.

true nick but i could have done without an 'all-dayer' on this weekend in particular. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The dizzy heights of 16C have been reached here, phew

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

The day started very cool but since the rain has passed, the mugginess has returned and we hit a stifling 18C!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, gbrunner12 said:

Another grey and blusterly day here.  Absolute garbage, really hope September is a better month.

westerly breezes very grey, bbc going for grey and westerly winds here all week, similar to early last week

this looks like westerly breeze and grey

image.jpg.b62c7faa772b9f91771e7185942abd

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, gbrunner12 said:

Another grey and blusterly day here.  Absolute garbage, really hope September is a better month.

The sun appeared for a whole 3 minutes here today. 3 minutes more than yesterday, bonus

Posted
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

westerly breezes very grey, bbc going for grey and westerly winds here all week, similar to early last week

this looks like westerly breeze and grey

image.jpg.b62c7faa772b9f91771e7185942abd

naah, i can see red, orange, yellow, green....

Posted
3 hours ago, bobbydog said:

naah, i can see red, orange, yellow, green....

Looks pretty warm to me with SWly,bump of high coming in,still possible thundery spell in September yet.

Posted

Overall we had an amazing summer, a bit too amazing for me at times I will admit. (Had to buy an AC unit to avoid melting lol)

If we get a nice "Indian summer" that will be the icing on the cake for heat fans surely!

• Like 1

Posted

Cloudy and dull again this morning in the capital.

Heavy showers forecast for tonight.

Met going for ground frost even in SE later in week.

Autumn is here folks....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!
10 hours ago, Nath said:

Overall we had an amazing summer, a bit too amazing for me at times I will admit. (Had to buy an AC unit to avoid melting lol)

If we get a nice "Indian summer" that will be the icing on the cake for heat fans surely!

I hope that next summer is better here!  Love for some proper heat (didn't reach 30°C here this year unfortunately).

Posted

I'd be quite happy for an 'Indian Summer' if the weather hadn't broken during August. Now though I'd settle for a bit more sun in early September then autumn conditions!

Posted
On 27/08/2018 at 08:08, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

late August, over rated as 'summer', see it's slipping down the list Mr D

I’m glad to took my uk holiday in early June. And no later than late July for most years, as it seems August is the worse month of summer to have a break in the UK. The weather seems to deteriorate back to low 20s and unsettled cloudy weather by the time we reach mid August. Even in the best summers like 2013, the weather was slowly going downhill by the latter part of August, in the London area.

Glad I’m off to Spain in two weeks, to enjoy the warm and sunny days.

• Like 1

Posted
52 minutes ago, MP-R said:

I'd be quite happy for an 'Indian Summer' if the weather hadn't broken during August. Now though I'd settle for a bit more sun in early September then autumn conditions!

I think the first half of September will produce some warm or even the odd hot day. The nights will be cooler though, with less humidity. 

Posted

Today is good example of why living in the UK can be so irritating. Pointless cloud that just sits there doing nothing, while neighbouring countries like France enjoy beautiful sunny skies. Though it looks like clearer air is now reaching S England, hooray

57013BB7-E7B3-4120-8DE5-18C3D2046BED.jpeg

Posted
20 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I’m glad to took my uk holiday in early June. And no later than late July for most years, as it seems August is the worse month of summer to have a break in the UK. The weather seems to deteriorate back to low 20s and unsettled cloudy weather by the time we reach mid August. Even in the best summers like 2013, the weather was slowly going downhill by the latter part of August, in the London area.

Glad I’m off to Spain in two weeks, to enjoy the warm and sunny days.

Yes. If I wasn't so busy with work in the spring, I'd ideally take a week holiday in May while the UK weather sorts itself out, be here in peak summer (late May, June, July and occasionally early August), then another holiday in September when the weather's passed its best here but still good elsewhere. 

• Like 1