Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2018 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Message added by Paul

Please ensure you stick to the forum guidelines when using this thread, particularly when it comes to discussing weather preferences:

Weather Guilt-Tripping - Please don't suggest people are selfish for enjoying or even looking forward to a certain weather type. Everyone has different weather preferences, but since none of us can control the weather, no-one should be made to feel guilty or foolish for liking it.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/guidelines/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

12c here feels like November by far the worst day of summer. This summer after a tremendous start has fallen of a cliff in the last couple of weeks here. Hopefully we will get a settled September 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!
6 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

13C here at 13:40, that’s diabolical for late August. I’m sure all the summer hating miseries on here are loving this ??

How anyone could prefer weather that makes outdoor activities miserable is beyond me!  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
6 minutes ago, gbrunner12 said:

How anyone could prefer weather that makes outdoor activities miserable is beyond me!  

Certainly some odd people on this forum! It’s still peak holiday season, feel sorry for all those wanting to enjoy outdoor activities, absolutely foul out there today. Radar says it all

AF9E2110-AE70-48C3-BEF6-255012DD4000.jpeg

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!
Just now, stainesbloke said:

Certainly some odd people on this forum! It’s still peak holiday season, feel sorry for all those wanting to enjoy outdoor activities, absolutely foul out there today. 

They can enjoy 9+ months of cool weather.  How depressing must you be to prefer cold, grey weather over warm, sunny weather?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
52 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

Amazing, one of the most memorable spells of weather of my lifetime and we were certainly favoured in the west.

Manchester always sunny in May and June, the dominant E'lys, Pennines stop the mist getting there

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 minutes ago, gbrunner12 said:

They can enjoy 9+ months of cool weather.  How depressing must you be to prefer cold, grey weather over warm, sunny weather?  

Haha. True! I’m sure we’ll all be sick of this weather by January. But we’ll still have months of it to go lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
9 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Certainly some odd people on this forum! It’s still peak holiday season, feel sorry for all those wanting to enjoy outdoor activities, absolutely foul out there today. Radar says it all

It’s grim in Keswick 9c and horizontal rain - it actually doesn’t bother me as I like the walking and hills regardless - but there are some miserable looking people around !! 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Badgers01 said:

It’s grim in Keswick 9c and horizontal rain - it actually doesn’t bother me as I like the walking and hills regardless - but there are some miserable looking people around !! 

Ugh, sounds awful! Rather you than me This isn’t even autumnal, it’s winter weather 

• Thanks 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

and that rain band has the shape of the uk... :)

• Like 1

Posted

Definitely a different feel indoors the last couple days, jumpers required after a notably cool 4.1C min yesterday and 6.3C today, followed by today's wind and rain.

I don't actually mind days like today in Autumn or the odd one in summer but there's been a bit too much of it at weekends and too much cloud this month for this summer to truly rival the famous ones. August may well finish below 2013 and 2016 now (it definitely will for sunshine).

However if we're going to get a day like today I'd rather have had the heavy rain that turned out to be mainly north of me, so at least there's some weather interest, rather than a boring light-moderate rain/drizzle fest write off which stops you doing things just as much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Proper Autumnal day today, love it. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
56 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Yep the wheels came spinning of the August band wagon around the 8th and we never really recovered - it was dull often dry and warmish just never really high summer weather. The search  for a memorable August goes on some might disagree, but to me it feels like the last really decent one was 2003 15 years is a long time !! 

August 2016 was definitely decent, the last 2 thirds of the month were actually very nice, widely sunnier than average overall. The search for a hot August continues though. 

Edited by cheese

Posted
41 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Lol, the rain is almost UK-shaped! 

Oops, already mentioned. Still funny though.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

11c heavy rain,certainly a Autumn feel today,good job i'm in shorts still,wouldn't want to get to hot!

But seriously not a great day for summer at all,especially on a bank holiday,lot of folk effected,not good at all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Same here, currently 12c and lashing it down. Wind averaging 17mph from the SSE and the coolest day since May 17th!

Posted
4 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Wouldn’t mind it so much if it was autumn, and not summer.

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, cheese said:

Lol, the rain is almost UK-shaped! 

Oops, already mentioned. Still funny though.

Seen this so many times. It’s almost like the crap weather attaches itself to the UK like a fun sucking leech

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted

Meanwhile in Paris, 22C and sunny. No highs below 20C at all in their forecast, even getting up to 28C next week. 

Our forecast isn't too bad to be fair but it's annoying how the great weather has just been across the channel.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
10 minutes ago, cheese said:

August 2016 was definitely decent, the last 2 thirds of the month were actually very nice, widely sunnier than average overall. The search for a hot August continues though. 

Yes! So far, August 2016 is the best one of this decade here - the sunniest month of that summer in fact. Other than the 01st and 20th (which was a similar day to today) it was a great summer month down here.

I think what made that summer different was that the poorest weather was between 10th June - 15th July, then the schools broke up and it was much better during the holidays, having been decent in the May/June half term too.

Posted
6 minutes ago, cheese said:

Meanwhile in Paris, 22C and sunny. No highs below 20C at all in their forecast, even getting up to 28C next week. 

Our forecast isn't too bad to be fair but it's annoying how the great weather has just been across the channel.

The frontal cloud has reached there now, too 

Posted
32 minutes ago, Nick L said:

yeah... a ton of washing to do from our holiday, can't hang it out to dry, kids stuck indoors, can't fix the oil leak on my car, can't cut the overgrown lawn after 2 weeks away...

you can stick your autumn day where the sun don't shine... which is most of the UK today.... 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
15 minutes ago, bobbydog said:

yeah... a ton of washing to do from our holiday, can't hang it out to dry, kids stuck indoors, can't fix the oil leak on my car, can't cut the overgrown lawn after 2 weeks away...

you can stick your autumn day where the sun don't shine... which is most of the UK today.... 

Well seeing as there's nothing I can do about it, I'm going to enjoy it, I don't need to be outdoors to be happy!

I think we need a bit of perspective here. This spring/summer had 2-3 months of near-constant outdoor weather. I'm sure people can cope with a soaker of a day.

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 5

Posted

I think the best thing is to laugh as many are doing in this thread- the summer weather in the UK can be comically bad at times. Just a little reminder over these last few days. Truly awful day out there while the continent continues to enjoy warmth and sunshine.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

Reminds me of caravan holidays when I was a child. Mum & Dad saved up all year to go away and then it rained all week so we came home early. I can remember more of those than sunny all week holidays, such a shame after all their hard work :(

• Like 2

Posted

The unsubtle trolling in here really needs to stop before those involved earn themselves a ban.

It's as if certain people have decided to create some form of weather preference extremism, with way over the top reactions to the weather on a given day just to create a reaction and 'prove' their weather preference is the best one. All a bit sad really.

So those doing it, please give up now, you know who you are....

(And no, this doesn't include a bit of a moan about whatever, it's for those who spend most of their time in this thread trying to point score about whatever weather preference they have).

Edited by Paul
  • Like 4