Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2018 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Message added by Paul

Please ensure you stick to the forum guidelines when using this thread, particularly when it comes to discussing weather preferences:

Weather Guilt-Tripping - Please don't suggest people are selfish for enjoying or even looking forward to a certain weather type. Everyone has different weather preferences, but since none of us can control the weather, no-one should be made to feel guilty or foolish for liking it.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/guidelines/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, mushymanrob said:

dreadful isnt it?... but there are gathering signs that markyo will be moaning again by the end of next week as pressures set to rise along with temps lol

It's the perfect kind of day for staying indoors, nothing is going to get done in the garden with these frequent cold blustery showers. A max of 15.8C today and now a mere 13C. It's a cold summer's day, more like Reykjavik than Leeds. I even saw people wearing parkas today would you believe! Some say 'why want it any hotter' when it's 21-22C.. I say, why want it any cooler. Today just sucks.

Tomorrow should be much better, 18C with sunshine is the current forecast, conductive to getting out and about if nothing else and should feel reasonably nice in lighter winds. Sunday is looking like a cold washout, 12C at 4pm with heavy rain is the current forecast, terrible weather for a bank holiday weekend.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Certainly an autumnal feel to today.  Cool in the wind with some showers ,max temp of 15.9c. ,nice and fresh. With a current temp here of 12.5c, cool for an August evening.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Being new to the forum I'm very surprised just how much the majority of people on here, evidenced by the numbers of "likes" such posts get, prefer colder than average summer temperatures in what is already one of the coldest summer climates in the entire world. Thought most would find the summers too cold here but it's actually the opposite. I don't have a problem with it (unless people start laughing at others who don't like what they do) but I sure wasn't expecting it! I went to Naples in May and it was below average (18-20°C) and everybody was wearing heavy coats.

Today would have been like a typical May day had the sun predominated; but light showers kept bringing temps down a good 4-5 degrees so it felt more like April much of the day. Thankfully it won't be this cold again for a while.

Edited by ==MeteoMan==
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
20 hours ago, ==MeteoMan== said:

I could laugh about some of the ridiculous posts I've seen whining about the recent 21 degree weather with 70% humidity but it's a bit classless to laugh at stupid people, they can't help it after all.

Nobody is stupid on here don't forget,they may just have a different opinion to yours.

Edited by markyo
  • Like 5

Posted
21 hours ago, ==MeteoMan== said:

Yeah, I could laugh about some of the ridiculous posts I've seen whining about the recent 21 degree weather with 70% humidity but it's a bit classless to laugh at stupid people, they can't help it after all. I mean, most of the world's population live in a climate where the average low in the hottest month is even higher than the average high in the UK. Coldies are spoiled silly in this country. 

What on earth was the point in that? (BIB). Why can't certain posters on this forum understand that every person has and is entitled to differing opinions and tastes, without having to put up with utter drivel posted like that!

Edited by Nizzer
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

On the drive from Keswick to Cockermouth Cumbria - was 8.5 c at 3pm in a heavy hail shower !! Summer going out on whimper ...

Edited by Badgers01

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, ==MeteoMan== said:

Being new to the forum I'm very surprised just how much the majority of people on here, evidenced by the numbers of "likes" such posts get, prefer colder than average summer temperatures in what is already one of the coldest summer climates in the entire world. Thought most would find the summers too cold here but it's actually the opposite. I don't have a problem with it (unless people start laughing at others who don't like what they do) but I sure wasn't expecting it! I went to Naples in May and it was below average (18-20°C) and everybody was wearing heavy coats.

Today would have been like a typical May day had the sun predominated; but light showers kept bringing temps down a good 4-5 degrees so it felt more like April much of the day. Thankfully it won't be this cold again for a while.

Traveling abroad is always a good way to gain a different perspective on the British climate. Nobody ever has anything good to say about it, not least all the expats living in places like Spain and France. It's just lousy, plain and simple. I remember the first time I went on holiday to Spain as a kid - I didn't want to go home at all, and my sadness was further accentuated as we left the sunny, warm Costa Blanca and arrived back at a dull and cold Manchester.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 3

Posted
51 minutes ago, markyo said:

Nobody is stupid on here don't forget,they may just have a different opinion to yours.

OK, well you can think about that before you make posts mocking people who get headaches or other issues in the cold then please. Thanks.

Posted
3 minutes ago, ==MeteoMan== said:

OK, well you can think about that before you make posts mocking people who get headaches or other issues in the cold then please. Thanks.

What are you talking about? Completely lost me on that one. Sorry.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, markyo said:

Your post on the last page referencing my headaches and issues in the cold ( before I changed my user name) - "Now that's funny". 

Look - I'll be perfectly fine accepting you may have issues (physical or otherwise) handling warm temperatures and humidity - but it would be nice to have the same understanding when I say that, for some reason, cold (esp. wet and windy) conditions gives me severe headaches, especially if it is a rapid change from warmer weather. So we're all affected by different kinds of conditions in different ways. 

Edited by ==MeteoMan==

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

For God's sake grow up guys. This pathetic points scoring from both sides needs to stop, if not, we'll have to stop you ourselves.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, markyo said:

It's sad innit, Mark - that we all have differing degrees of tolerance to various conditions?:D

But, on the lighter side, what I thought was thunder turned out to be a four-stroke motorcycle that needed kick-starting several times!:help:

• Like 1

Posted

Perhaps summer will return after a 'mostly' disappointing August, then continue through October and November, ending with heat waves in December and January!

:D

Posted

This seems to be a new trend with summers lately. Have a cool August and then a warm September (into October). A Mess. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
22 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Perhaps summer will return after a 'mostly' disappointing August, then continue through October and November, ending with heat waves in December and January!

:D

Heatwaves in January you say?

cfs-0-3222.png?00 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Wow hot chart! 35c widely?

charts like that don't seem to exist in summer, if it was possible maybe a 40 degrees for favoured areas, if pattern lasts long enough, or high drifts closer

Posted
54 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Heatwaves in January you say?

cfs-0-3222.png?00 

Good job it's got more than 4 months to change. How depressing would that be.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Real taste of autumn today. Nice to know it's just around the corner.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Good job it's got more than 4 months to change. How depressing would that be.

Especially given what we've got here and now!

Posted

What a fantastic start to a late summers Saturday,clear blue sky,light breeze 8c...wow perfect!