Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2018 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Message added by Paul

Please ensure you stick to the forum guidelines when using this thread, particularly when it comes to discussing weather preferences:

Weather Guilt-Tripping - Please don't suggest people are selfish for enjoying or even looking forward to a certain weather type. Everyone has different weather preferences, but since none of us can control the weather, no-one should be made to feel guilty or foolish for liking it.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/guidelines/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
13 minutes ago, CheeseAndOnionCrisps said:

Just attempted to go for a walk. Utterly, disgustingly bitterly cold outside. My hands even started to go numb and this was wearing my winter coat. Could feel the headache coming on, and not to mention it was gloomy, vile, windy and damp outside adding to the wonderment of it all. Felt like the depths of November. Might hibernate for the next 2-4 days until something more seasonal arrives again. Here's to a warm and dry September! 

......Now that's funny

Edited by markyo
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, markyo said:

......Now that's funny

So are your posts 

People in other countries must really laugh at us here - the UK has some of the coldest summers in the world. It's 12 degrees out now and many European countries won't be seeing such daytime temperatures until October. 25-30 degrees is much more comfortable weather for most people globally who have real summers, than what today and tomorrow's weather will bring.

Edited by CheeseAndOnionCrisps

7 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Today feels warmer than last few, days of greyness, today morning been sunny, convective cloud build up now though

seems to make hell of a difference when sun comes out

Same here, decent sunshine here to start and end the day. not perfect with some afternoon showers, but better than endless mizzle. 

Even at 8pm it doesn't feel cool.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, markyo said:

......Now that's funny

Not as funny as you thinking normal summer temperatures with normal summer humidity levels is 'unbearable' and worth whinging about. But we're all a little weird in our own way.

It's 13C here currently, which is more like the typical overnight low for this time of year. I think it's fair to say that it feels a little chilly. The max temp was 18C - would have felt okay with sunshine but it was largely cloudy and breezy so there was no warmth at all. It rained this evening too. A poor day all in all. 

Oh, and hte forecast for Sunday now shows 16C with heavy rain. That is obviously the weather everyone wants over the bank holiday weekend, woohoo.

Edited by cheese

Posted
1 hour ago, CheeseAndOnionCrisps said:

So are your posts 

People in other countries must really laugh at us here - the UK has some of the coldest summers in the world. It's 12 degrees out now and many European countries won't be seeing such daytime temperatures until October. 25-30 degrees is much more comfortable weather for most people globally who have real summers, than what today and tomorrow's weather will bring.

Yet, we still complained when it was 27-32 degrees here in London and the southeast. I was one of them for a short while, because I have to use the tube and it was hot as hell. While a cooler interlude is nice, I’m not so keen on the recent cooling trend of low 20s and cloud. It has been humid at times, but it can feel chilly if the cloud sticks around for long periods during the days now. The sun does make a difference though. 

Posted
11 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Yet, we still complained when it was 27-32 degrees here in London and the southeast. I was one of them for a short while, because I have to use the tube and it was hot as hell. While a cooler interlude is nice, I’m not so keen on the recent cooling trend of low 20s and cloud. It has been humid at times, but it can feel chilly if the cloud sticks around for long periods during the days now. The sun does make a difference though. 

The heat is long gone though. Not sure about London but up here nearly every day since the first week of August has been around 21-22C with a couple of days exceeding 24C and a couple of days failing to reach 20C, i.e perfectly normal summer weather. You'd think the heat haters would be satisfied, there hasn't been a day over 25C here since the 7th, but they won't be satisfied until it's actually cold. 

I mean, the way certain people go on about how humid it's supposedly been you'd think we were living in Florida or something with their regular 32C temps and 25C dew points. I genuinely believe these same people were probably complaining bout how humid June 2007 was as well.

Edited by cheese

Posted
6 minutes ago, cheese said:

The heat is long gone though. Not sure about London but up here nearly every day since the first week of August has been around 21-22C with a couple of days exceeding 24C and a couple of days failing to reach 20C, i.e perfectly normal summer weather. You'd think the heat haters would be satisfied, there hasn't been a day over 25C here since the 7th, but they won't be satisfied until it's actually cold. 

The heat has long gone down here too, pleasant fine weather into September with some warm spells looks favourite, as for anymore southerly heat returning, no!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Visiting a friend for lunch in a village in Cumbria called Crosby Garrett , which redefines the middle of nowhere - it was 9c and they had lit a fire , definitely a first of the season !

AEC3A0C0-E449-46A4-90D8-CD6C73FCEC72.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
56 minutes ago, cheese said:

The heat is long gone though. Not sure about London but up here nearly every day since the first week of August has been around 21-22C with a couple of days exceeding 24C and a couple of days failing to reach 20C, i.e perfectly normal summer weather. You'd think the heat haters would be satisfied, there hasn't been a day over 25C here since the 7th, but they won't be satisfied until it's actually cold. 

I mean, the way certain people go on about how humid it's supposedly been you'd think we were living in Florida or something with their regular 32C temps and 25C dew points. I genuinely believe these same people were probably complaining bout how humid June 2007 was as well.

Yeah, I could laugh about some of the ridiculous posts I've seen whining about the recent 21 degree weather with 70% humidity but it's a bit classless to laugh at stupid people, they can't help it after all. I mean, most of the world's population live in a climate where the average low in the hottest month is even higher than the average high in the UK. Coldies are spoiled silly in this country. 

Edited by CheeseAndOnionCrisps
  • Like 1

Posted

The good weather of summer 2018 ended here on the 27 July. May and June were excellent, July not quite as good, more cloud about but still mostly very warm until latter end when the heavens opened.

It has been akin to 2006 in many respects, but better because overall May was sunnier, warmer and drier overall.

Sticking to the June-August period as a whole, it has probably been on a par with 2006 only just, August has been poorer than August 2006. I'd also rate it alongside the excellent summer of 1989- often forgotten, which for sunshine and dryness was superb.

Summers 76 and 95 still remain the high watermarks to beat..

• Like 1

Posted
10 hours ago, cheese said:

But we're all a little weird in our own way.

Yep we certainly are! That's what makes us interesting....

Still no weather in the foreseeable to get me out of t shirts and shorts,especially for working in. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Yesterday was a lovely day in the end after a grim start, and if we can avoid the bulk of the showers today then the next couple of days should be half decent too! The less said about Sunday the better though...although my mindset is getting into Autumn mode now so bring on soaking Sunday :D

• Like 1

Posted

Horrible day, frequent showers, cold wind. I actually feel chilled inside just sitting down. A mere 15C.

The sun still feels strong when it actually shines and the wind dies down but that’s not happening very much.

Just bad. People are dressed for autumn today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
1 hour ago, cheese said:

Horrible day, frequent showers, cold wind. I actually feel chilled inside just sitting down. A mere 15C.

The sun still feels strong when it actually shines and the wind dies down but that’s not happening very much.

Just bad. People are dressed for autumn today.

dreadful isnt it?... but there are gathering signs that markyo will be moaning again by the end of next week as pressures set to rise along with temps lol

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, mushymanrob said:

dreadful isnt it?... but there are gathering signs that markyo will be moaning again by the end of next week as pressures set to rise along with temps lol

As if i would.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

damn right cold and rainy here today..its my sons bday today..it always rains on his brithday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

First time in a while walking out of my air conditioned gym and it feeling cooler outside just now. Bit early for that feeling!

Posted
9 minutes ago, MP-R said:

First time in a while walking out of my air conditioned gym and it feeling cooler outside just now. Bit early for that feeling!

Autumn is here and last night, was the coolest since May I think, or maybe the mid June cool snap. 

Posted

Lovely Autumnal feel today,really feel so much more invigorated,energy levels up,mood up. I'll be making the most of this weather!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
56 minutes ago, mushymanrob said:

I will be though before then, tomorrow looks a write off for Staffs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
9 minutes ago, markyo said:

Lovely Autumnal feel today,really feel so much more invigorated,energy levels up,mood up. I'll be making the most of this weather!

Aye Mark - I even went out and got caught in some lovely, cool rain, this arvo!:good:

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Aye Mark - I even went out and got caught in some lovely, cool rain, this arvo!:good:

Natures free shower...nothing better!

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1