Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2018 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Message added by Paul

Please ensure you stick to the forum guidelines when using this thread, particularly when it comes to discussing weather preferences:

Weather Guilt-Tripping - Please don't suggest people are selfish for enjoying or even looking forward to a certain weather type. Everyone has different weather preferences, but since none of us can control the weather, no-one should be made to feel guilty or foolish for liking it.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/guidelines/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Looks cool at the end of next week. I love cold snowy winters, but can’t be dealing with cold weather in summer. 

Hopefully we get a warm, sunny September before Autumn properly sets in. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I sincerely hope that wintry garbage forecast for 25th/27th is downgraded and replaced with something appropriate for summer. Always has to happen when I am entertaining guests as well. Pffft.

Edited by CheeseAndOnionCrisps
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, danm said:

Looks cool at the end of next week. I love cold snowy winters, but can’t be dealing with cold weather in summer. 

Hopefully we get a warm, sunny September before Autumn properly sets in. 

I'd rather just wait until next year now if we don't get any more warm and sunny weather in August. Reason been that I've heard that above average September's are more often succeeded by mild Winters than cold ones (I think I might have heard some statistic that an above average September has never been succeeded by a cold Winter, but not sure if this is true). For that reason alone I always wish Summer to finally give up once September gets here.

It's been great and all, particularly from May to July but we're past the peak now as far as I'm concerned and once we get to the months that end in 'ber' I'm in looking forward to Winter mode and want it to start getting colder. 

I'd be happy for it to still be sunny and hot now though and up until the 31st. But once the calendar turns over for September, I'd rather it wouldn't be.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
29 minutes ago, CheeseAndOnionCrisps said:

I sincerely hope that wintry garbage forecast for 25th/27th is downgraded and replaced with something appropriate for summer. Always has to happen when I am entertaining guests as well. Pffft.

Me too, looks yucky

Posted
26 minutes ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

I'd rather just wait until next year now if we don't get any more warm and sunny weather in August. Reason been that I've heard that above average September's are more often succeeded by mild Winters than cold ones (I think I might have heard some statistic that an above average September has never been succeeded by a cold Winter, but not sure if this is true). For that reason alone I always wish Summer to finally give up once September gets here.

It's been great and all, particularly from May to July but we're past the peak now as far as I'm concerned and once we get to the months that end in 'ber' I'm in looking forward to Winter mode and want it to start getting colder. 

I'd be happy for it to still be sunny and hot now though and up until the 31st. But once the calendar turns over for September, I'd rather it wouldn't be.

I don’t think there’s any evidence to support that. There’s no reason why a warm September would lead to a mild winter. 

Posted
1 hour ago, danm said:

I don’t think there’s any evidence to support that. There’s no reason why a warm September would lead to a mild winter. 

You're probably right. Looking at the CET monthly records most September's seem to fall in the 12.0c to 15.0c range with very few below or above that, especially in recent years and there is a mix of following Winters. You've got to go all the way back to 1986 to find a September cooler than 12.0c (11.3c). Now that was followed by a cold Winter (in January anyway) but the coolest September we've had since then was 2015 (12.6c) and we all know how that Winter turned out. 

Just something I heard once a few years ago is all. If it is a load of rubbish though fair enough, we might as well hope for as much Summer as we can before the Autumn equinox. 

Edited by Walsall Wood Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Have to say of recent years (since mid-late 90's) there has been a dearth of cool/cold winters which have followed a warm September...so maybe something to keep an eye on, 2009 the only fly in the ointment though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

September 1986 was a lovely month in Ireland and one of the driest and sunniest in many years so the following january 1987 was bitterly cold with significant snowfalls in eastern Ireland.

Posted
27 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Have to say of recent years (since mid-late 90's) there has been a dearth of cool/cold winters which have followed a warm September...so maybe something to keep an eye on, 2009 the only fly in the ointment though.

They haven't been that many cold winters anyway in that period. Warmth has dominated in that period, so not really good period to draw any analogues from and in any case, the coolest September of recent times, 2015 was followed by a very mild winter. 

Edited by Weather-history

Sunshine Hours 2018

Aberporth 125.4hrs (1-17 May)
Aberporth 125.8hrs (1-17 June)
Aberporth 167.2hrs (1-17 July)
Aberporth   86.1hrs (1-17 August)

Personally looking forward to the winds turning north Westerly around midweek should bring in much brighter weather.

Edited by J10

Posted

It’s turned out to be a great afternoon. Sunny spells and 27c in London. Really warm in that sun. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
2 hours ago, Weather-history said:

They haven't been that many cold winters anyway in that period. Warmth has dominated in that period, so not really good period to draw any analogues from and in any case, the coolest September of recent times, 2015 was followed by a very mild winter. 

That's true!...a few to pick from ranging from cool to cold: 1995/96, 1996/97, 2000/01, (a tad below), 2008/09, 2009/10, 2010/11, 2012/13.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

The Bank Holiday weekend is shaping up nicely for my area. 16 to 18c,bit of sun,just right for a end of August get out and about,lovely. Nothing to moan about there at all!

• Like 1

Posted

Tomorrow looking miserable again, bbc goes for no sun here until Sat 25th, been accurate lately, 

seems to default white cloud, cloudy and breezy

Posted

Before it gets cooler at the end of the week, the next few days actually look quite good for here:

E6A8885A-DE19-48FD-A688-BA9DF77C8BF9.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

Very warm upper air indeed in the south today 27c was reached.

18.3c max here quite a contrast with bits of drizzle did dry up.

Posted
12 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Very warm upper air indeed in the south today 27c was reached.

18.3c max here quite a contrast with bits of drizzle did dry up.

NW/SE split sucks!

Posted

Turning into a very disappointing August still, we do have 12 days still to go, but the outlook until bank holiday promises further often cloudy damp weather with temps no great shakes.

Definately a summer that has progressively worsened throughout, but from a very high starting point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Bit of a weird spell at the moment, humid but not particularly summery. Looking forward to the much fresher blast next week to mix things up a bit.

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Tomorrow looking miserable again, bbc goes for no sun here until Sat 25th, been accurate lately, 

seems to default white cloud, cloudy and breezy

Those bbc automated cloud forecasts worth nothing. Sun will come out soon! :)

Posted
5 hours ago, markyo said:

The Bank Holiday weekend is shaping up nicely for my area. 16 to 18c,bit of sun,just right for a end of August get out and about,lovely. Nothing to moan about there at all!

For most of us looking to enjoy the bank holiday, you can stick the 16-18c where the sun doesn't shine! Which of couse, it won't.

• Like 2

Posted

If I could bottle up today, and release it every day from June 1st until Sept 30th I would.  Perfect summer day, sunny, warm, some wind in the hair, and no extremes!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
5 hours ago, davehsug said:

For most of us looking to enjoy the bank holiday, you can stick the 16-18c where the sun doesn't shine! Which of couse, it won't.

Lol Agreed, 16-18C won’t be pleasant with cloud and wind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Lol Agreed, 16-18C won’t be pleasant with cloud and wind

You Southern Softies,always moaning,,come on when have you ever heard me moan about the weather!.............

• Like 1