Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2018 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Message added by Paul

Please ensure you stick to the forum guidelines when using this thread, particularly when it comes to discussing weather preferences:

Weather Guilt-Tripping - Please don't suggest people are selfish for enjoying or even looking forward to a certain weather type. Everyone has different weather preferences, but since none of us can control the weather, no-one should be made to feel guilty or foolish for liking it.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/guidelines/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
4 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

At least it’s dry and usable. Warming up here now, too. Could be much worse, for sure. I’d love the sunny skies to return though, for a few more weeks. No one (sane) ever said “I get sick of sunshine” in the UK! California, it ain’t.

It's dry, I'll give you that lol. Minimum expectation for August I guess. Blowing a hooly though.

Dry, cloudy and usable is what I associate with the rest of the year.

• Like 1

Posted

Only reached 18 yesterday in West Somerset/Devon due to cloud and flag. It didn’t rain which was great and views were tremendous- but I’d like a bit of heat back for my holiday. I picked the wrong time to take off.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 hour ago, mushymanrob said:

each to their own i guess, but i prefer the new fresh scents of spring, or the sweet scents of summer blooms to that of dying, decaying, musty vegetation..

Its more the overall feel as well as the smells,the first autumn bonfires,the rustling of the fallen leaves,the quietness brought on by a dense fog,opening the front door to a crisp cold morning.. Each to their own i agree,but for me the scents of spring and summer just mean hay fever,hence my dislike.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
20 minutes ago, markyo said:

Its more the overall feel as well as the smells,the first autumn bonfires,the rustling of the fallen leaves,the quietness brought on by a dense fog,opening the front door to a crisp cold morning.. Each to their own i agree,but for me the scents of spring and summer just mean hay fever,hence my dislike.

Don’t antihistamines work for you? I do like all the things you’ve mentioned, not until at least October, though.

Posted
9 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Don’t antihistamines work for you? I do like all the things you’ve mentioned, not until at least October, though.

I can't take them due to other medication, As for Autumn,yep i agree,Autumn starts in October,September to me is late summer in the UK. The best part of summer for me!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

September for me tends to start in early August, much like it's done again this year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Warm and sunny now in London after some stubborn cloud this morning. Currently 24c. Should hit 25c quite easily today, possibly higher. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, markyo said:

I can't take them due to other medication, As for Autumn,yep i agree,Autumn starts in October,September to me is late summer in the UK. The best part of summer for me!

Oh no, must be horrible for you. Bad hay fever isn’t fun. I reckon September will be wet. Hopefully, October will be more settled and sunny, with some fog and frost.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
2 hours ago, markyo said:

youre lucky then that fog or fungus spores dont affect you, lol..

Posted

today is pretty dreadful really.... high humidity and cloud. i find humidity is a larger problem in autumn, or late summer onwards if youre going to be pedantic!

ive just taken down my pool, (yep given up on any more lengthy hot spells) washed it and packed it away... sweating like hell!  now i dont mind sweating if its sunny! but this dull muggy muck is simply unpleasant.

for me now, if we cant have heat,. let it be cool and fresh... non of this middling muck.

Posted

Sunny and 25c now. Cracking afternoon after a dull start.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Come back from Arizona to find things a little greener and so much more comfortable compared to when I left. My flat is below 25c for the first time since god knows when, happy days.

Posted
1 hour ago, danm said:

Sunny and 25c now. Cracking afternoon after a dull start.

Too much cloud in this part of London today but warm and dry enough to be a very usable day.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Though I can't stand Autumn, myself (everything smells of death and decay) I'm looking forward to a monster crop of field mushrooms...:D

• Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Too much cloud in this part of London today but warm and dry enough to be a very usable day.

Had plenty of sunshine this afternoon with some clouds bubbling up. Warm at 25c. Makes a nice change from the last 5 days.

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Though I can't stand Autumn, myself (everything smells of death and decay) I'm looking forward to a monster crop of field mushrooms...

Will you be making a special mushroom tea? We collect cep mushrooms but I’m wondering if there’ll be many this year, as it has been very dry.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Though I can't stand Autumn, myself (everything smells of death and decay) I'm looking forward to a monster crop of field mushrooms...:D

yeah im looking foreward to mushrooms too.....

• Like 2

Posted

No sign of any mushrooms yet too dry just underneath the turf,grass will definitely short enough this year though,need much more rain yet.

• Like 1

Posted

Sigh....default British skies have returned. How I’ve missed the gloom (not). I suppose grey is very on trend now, so not all bad.

E972B3A2-022B-4265-B636-44E4935D8141.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted

Posted

Another warm and quite humid day. Variable amounts of cloud and sunshine. A bit too much cloud for my liking but at least it’s been dry and warm, 25c.

Posted

Awful day today,warm and humid,vile. Thankfully rest of the week looks much better,nice and fresh with a good breeze