Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2018 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Message added by Paul

Please ensure you stick to the forum guidelines when using this thread, particularly when it comes to discussing weather preferences:

Weather Guilt-Tripping - Please don't suggest people are selfish for enjoying or even looking forward to a certain weather type. Everyone has different weather preferences, but since none of us can control the weather, no-one should be made to feel guilty or foolish for liking it.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/guidelines/

Posted
13 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

this summer has been too hot and now it's too cold is that moany enough for this thread?

Your emogis are bigger than your melons! ☺️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Your emogis are bigger than your melons! ☺️

lol true that

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

First ‘scent’ of autumn in the air, today. 

August's are hopeless in this country, summer just seems to give up, even in a legendary summer such as this one. France in August is so much better, 31c in Paris on Thursday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
10 minutes ago, 95 Degrees said:

August's are hopeless in this country, summer just seems to give up, even in a legendary summer such as this one. France in August is so much better, 31c in Paris on Thursday.

Agreed, I have no idea why August’s seem to descend into mediocrity in so many recent years. Still, we should get some warm days in the S, especially. No major washout is showing either, just all a bit bland. I’d rather be in France, for sure  (though Paris was cooler than London today).

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted

It does seem to happen quite often in August yes. A half hearted jet stream giving the north and west wet spells and an equally half hearted azores high giving south and east breezy sticky sunny spells and cloud. No chance of tstorms,proper heat or useful rain.

As you say,bland.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
2 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Yes,certainly autumnal feel this evening even here in the south.I ve always had the feeling we would get an early autumn this year.

You must be disappointed looking at the model output then as there is nothing to suggest an early autumn, unless you think normal summer weather is autumnal.

The maximum temperature at Heathrow Airport yesterday was 25.2C and it was still above 21C after 9pm. Even with cloud I hardly think that fits the definition of autumnal. I suspect cloudy 25C days are very common in London in summer.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, 95 Degrees said:

In your neck of the woods, August is the sunniest and warmest month of the year on average, as it is in many southern and eastern locations. Admittedly, August has been rather lackluster in recent years but that is a tiny sliver of climatic history. Or perhaps you haven't been alive for very long so recent Augusts constitute most of your living memory?

We'll get another 1995 or 2003 in the next few years, then all of this 'what happened to August' malarkey will disappear.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
10 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

depressing isnt it....

• Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, cheese said:

You must be disappointed looking at the model output then as there is nothing to suggest an early autumn, unless you think normal summer weather is autumnal.

The maximum temperature at Heathrow Airport yesterday was 25.2C and it was still above 21C after 9pm. Even with cloud I hardly think that fits the definition of autumnal. I suspect cloudy 25C days are very common in London in summer.

you seem hung up on weather conditions dictating the seasons..

theres far more to the seasons then the weather.. and theres no 'cut off date', just a slide into cooler conditions. we can and do get 'atumnal like' lows in summer, we do get settled warmth in autumn..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
12 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

If that could be bottled i would buy it... One of the best fragrances around,love it. I can actually smell nature without sneezing through runny eyes!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Bit of stubborn cloud this morning, looking like it will brighten up soon here in the SE. Hoping to reach 25c with some sunshine. 

Edited by danm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C
9 hours ago, cheese said:

In your neck of the woods, August is the sunniest and warmest month of the year on average, as it is in many southern and eastern locations. Admittedly, August has been rather lackluster in recent years but that is a tiny sliver of climatic history. Or perhaps you haven't been alive for very long so recent Augusts constitute most of your living memory?

We'll get another 1995 or 2003 in the next few years, then all of this 'what happened to August' malarkey will disappear.

I was born in 1993, so the only good August's I remember were from my childhood. In recent years the best months have been July (last month down here was superb) and occasionally June/September.  

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

If that could be bottled i would buy it... One of the best fragrances around,love it. I can actually smell nature without sneezing through runny eyes!

each to their own i guess, but i prefer the new fresh scents of spring, or the sweet scents of summer blooms to that of dying, decaying, musty vegetation..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

depressing isnt it....

Yes, it is. Sad to see the end of summer in sight. Once we’re into autumn proper, I quite like it (there’s always something to enjoy in all 4 seasons). But it’s still too early for all that malarkey 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, markyo said:

You’d definitely get a few funny looks with that fragrance going on! Each season has its own wonders, I suppose, but my favourite time will always be Spring and the first half of Summer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
6 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

You’d definitely get a few funny looks with that fragrance going on! Each season has its own wonders, I suppose, but my favourite time will always be Spring and the first half of Summer

Agreed! Love the freshness of early summer. Don't mind the smoky days of mid-late autumn either, but less so for the smell to be honest.

Meanwhile, anyone know when the next fully sunny day will be, you know, given it's summer and everything...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

In central London today and it is pretty sunny ! And warm combined with v humid ...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Anyone would think we hadn't had a sunny day, yet alone weeks of unbroken sun and high temps. It didn't rain once during school.

It's not exactly cold either, am catching up with chores and baking cookies and by five if it was like yesterday here it will be warm enough for shorts.

Storms here haven't proven their worth either, but I expect the heavy downpours because summer has them. It doesn't spoil anything for me.

I don't think summer has finished and it's been warm in September too.

my summer rain coat has never left my wardrobe.

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Agreed! Love the freshness of early summer. Don't mind the smoky days of mid-late autumn either, but less so for the smell to be honest.

Meanwhile, anyone know when the next fully sunny day will be, you know, given it's summer and everything...

I like the smoky days of autumn, the smell of bonfires is nice. Love Hallowe’en, Bonfire Night too and it’s my birthday later in October. Shame we’ve lost the beautiful sunny skies we’ve enjoyed this summer but we should still get some sunny days, hopefully. Nothing worse than grey skies in summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
4 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

I like the smoky days of autumn, the smell of bonfires is nice. Love Hallowe’en, Bonfire Night too and it’s my birthday later in October. Shame we’ve lost the beautiful sunny skies we’ve enjoyed this summer but we should still get some sunny days, hopefully. Nothing worse than grey skies in summer.

I hope we get some more sunny days. This isn't my idea of one....

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
23 minutes ago, MP-R said:

I hope we get some more sunny days. This isn't my idea of one....

image.jpeg

At least it’s dry and usable. Warming up here now, too. Could be much worse, for sure. I’d love the sunny skies to return though, for a few more weeks. No one (sane) ever said “I get sick of sunshine” in the UK! California, it ain’t.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 1

Posted

well ive just taken my pool down.... :(

thats how sure i am of us getting no more heat (other then transient spells).

• Like 1