Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2018 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Message added by Paul

Please ensure you stick to the forum guidelines when using this thread, particularly when it comes to discussing weather preferences:

Weather Guilt-Tripping - Please don't suggest people are selfish for enjoying or even looking forward to a certain weather type. Everyone has different weather preferences, but since none of us can control the weather, no-one should be made to feel guilty or foolish for liking it.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/guidelines/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

Heatwave special - The Weather Studio
https://youtu.be/r9DwfDEyzmo

wonder if there's troll comments on chat replay live, like there was on Wimbledon one

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Hull made 32c yesterday, which is very unusual. There has certainly been a shift in fortunes this Summer from west to east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I'm aware that I've been moaning of recent, but there seems to b a new trend for those in areas that are cool at present to state that they want the plume to move west so they're included without stopping to consider how that would affect the east and south east which would get even hotter than we are at present.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
1 hour ago, Milhouse said:

Hull made 32c yesterday, which is very unusual. There has certainly been a shift in fortunes this Summer from west to east.

Indeed, not wanting to sound harsh to anyone living in the north or west of the UK who are moaning about this current spell not affecting them (they have every right to be fair). It is worth remembering that some of the current hots spots were stuck under mist and low cloud during large proportions of the summer so far. In fact  Great Yarmouth has only just seen its first couple of very warm days of the summer, let alone hot this week. Confirmed by my father complaining about being unable to paint the outside of his house. :p

I guess in a classic summer the heat does move around as time goes on and things balance out.

As for records breaking, i can't see august 2003 going, that said the 1st July 2015 marker looks reachable, even if i feel a little biased towards taking the sheen of that anomalous furnace day in a generally rather poor summer.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy

Since the 1st of June to now shoreham airport has only recorded 1.2mm of rain in that whole time so same for my area & there's still no decent rainfall on the horizon so weird. 

Edited by JK1
  • Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Milhouse said:

It even hit 30.3C here, making it the warmest July day on record and first day of any month to hit 30C since August 2001. Very unusual indeed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts
16 minutes ago, reef said:

It even hit 30.3C here, making it the warmest July day on record and first day of any month to hit 30C since August 2001. Very unusual indeed.

Yes unusual,in that the east coast is so warm.Here in the pennines we only got 26 deg.Having said that Whitby holds the March maximum record,different circumstances but comparative nontheless

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Very possible that the July record could go on Friday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

30C could be reached here on Thursday.

Friday looks interesting in that the extreme temperatures look very restricted to East Anglia. Some big temperature gradients to be expected. Similar to 10 August 2003 when it was 38C in London but a rather unremarkable 28C here.

Edited by cheese

Posted
2 minutes ago, cheese said:

30C could be reached here on Thursday.

Friday looks interesting in that the extreme temperatures look very restricted to East Anglia. Some big temperature gradients to be expected. Similar to 10 August 2003 when it was 38C in London but a rather unremarkable 28C here.

The UKV does indeed have the hottest conditions in Norfolk, actually has a 37c gridpoint. Mid-30s look likely anywhere east of The Wash. Let's hope it all goes bang afterwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, Nick L said:

The UKV does indeed have the hottest conditions in Norfolk, actually has a 37c gridpoint. Mid-30s look likely anywhere east of The Wash. Let's hope it all goes bang afterwards.

We're under a thunderstorm warning so certainly potential for fireworks on Friday here. I'm usually praying for thunderstorms but I kind of want this month to finish under 10mm - two consecutive months under 10mm like Jul & Aug 1995.

Posted
10 minutes ago, cheese said:

We're under a thunderstorm warning so certainly potential for fireworks on Friday here. I'm usually praying for thunderstorms but I kind of want this month to finish under 10mm - two consecutive months under 10mm like Jul & Aug 1995.

If we're going to break the drought, I would prefer it to be with a biblical deluge!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Friday looks interesting from the Met Office, the cold front is a lot further W, potentially a much larger area ahead of it would reach very hot temperatures. Also, a thundery trough is shown affecting Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. Somewhere looks likely to get a big storm, fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
15 hours ago, Milhouse said:

Not entirely unusual though for the west to have the warmer conditions in late Spring and early Summer. Eastern areas are usually plagued with more cloud from the North Sea during that time. Roles reverse later in Summer just like what is happening now. 

Edited by Frost HoIIow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Yorkshire and Humberside upgraded to a level 3 heatwave alert

North West England has a level 2 alert in place whilst NE England remains clear on level 1

Current watch level: Level 3 - Heatwave Action

Issued at: 08:27 on Wed 25 Jul 2018

There is a 90 % probability of heatwave conditions between 0900 on Monday and 0900 on Saturday in parts of England.

Very hot and humid weather is forecast to become established across much of England during Wednesday and Thursday, then continuing into Friday. Whilst most areas will see a period of hot weather, the highest temperatures are expected across eastern parts. It will also be feeling humid, with temperatures remaining warm overnight. Temperatures are currently expected to peak across eastern parts on Friday, with the chance of some exceptionally hot weather developing. However this is also likely to be lead to thunderstorms developing. At the same time less hot weather will spread east into western parts. The hot weather and thunderstorms are then expected to gradually clear east overnight into Saturday. During the weekend, slightly less hot weather will move across all parts of the UK, with temperatures likely falling below heat health thresholds. However, there remains the potential for further very warm weather.

An update will be issued when the alert level changes in any region. Alerts are issued once a day by 0900 if required and are not subject to amendment in between standard issue times. Note that the details of the forecast weather are valid at the time of issue but may change over the period that an alert remains in force. These details will not be updated here unless the alert level also changes, the latest forecast details can be obtained at the following link: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/#?tab=map

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/heat-health/#?tab=heatHealth

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

they’re getting set for Friday then 

Edited by Jezzer

Posted

Much cooler today. We hit 24.9C briefly earlier but its 21.9C right now with a breeze. It feels so pleasant.

That heat on Friday can go back to where it came from as far as I'm concerned!

Posted
On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 11:52, snowflakey said:

The 40c barrier to be broken somewhere in the se over the next fortnight ?  Highley unlikely I know, its about 104f  in old money. 

Must be a bit of a muppet replying to my own post, but at least it gets me past my 100th post. 

I see the bbc have edged the temp up a degree or to, there now predicting 37-38 for Friday, quite close but a big ask for 40c, still not a bad prediction for an idiot 

Just now, snowflakey said:

Must be a bit of a muppet replying to my own post, but at least it gets me past my 100th post. 

I see the bbc have edged the temp up a degree or to, there now predicting 37-38 for Friday, quite close but a big ask for 40c, still not a bad prediction for an idiot 

It's possible in an odd place ,airstrip race track or quarry but probably  wouldn't get reported 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

The temperature has slowly creeped up to 31c in London this afternoon. 

Another scorcher.

Posted

Still no 30C here this summer! Had it in Scotland, Ireland, west Wales and the east coast but very few places in the west Midlands have made it. How on earth does that happen, we are nowhere near the sea compared to them.

This summer has been so good apart from that. It's only happened once here since 2006 (19 July 2016), it used to be quite easy in a hot spell.

No August 2003 repeats please. Very mediocre month here, one hot day on the 9th and lots of dry cloudy borefest weather. Give us August 1990, August 1995 or July 2006!

Posted
15 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

Very mediocre month here, one hot day on the 9th and lots of dry cloudy borefest weather. Give us August 1990, August 1995 or July 2006!

Shawbury has recorded just over 200hrs of sunshine thus far this month.