Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2018 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Message added by Paul

Please ensure you stick to the forum guidelines when using this thread, particularly when it comes to discussing weather preferences:

Weather Guilt-Tripping - Please don't suggest people are selfish for enjoying or even looking forward to a certain weather type. Everyone has different weather preferences, but since none of us can control the weather, no-one should be made to feel guilty or foolish for liking it.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/guidelines/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters
10 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

people in Stafford in for a shock tomorrow AM, wondering 'where's the sun', bbc got sea fog clearing around midday

today better than expected, sea mist rolled in around 6.15, burned off by 10am

How about you stop moaning and constantly posting about it here and enjoy the sun when it comes out? I get it might be annoying but you don't need to moan every other hour i know other individuals moan about it as well but they get on with it and don't fill the forum with negativity. 

Edited by Summerstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Summerstorm said:

How about you stop moaning and constantly posting about it here and enjoy the sun when it comes out? 

Your tune would be different if Wrexham was waking up to low cloud every morning, mark my words. 

In any case, it did clear here quite early, and I'm hopeful it will do tomorrow as well but you never know with low cloud - it's very hard to predict where it will burn off and when. BBC say 11am, Met Office say 9am for here. 

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
11 minutes ago, Summerstorm said:

How about you stop moaning and constantly posting about it here and enjoy the sun when it comes out? I get it might be annoying but you don't need to moan every other hour i know other individuals moan about it as well but they get on with it and don't fill the forum with negativity. 

easy to post that from Wrexham, if I lived there easterlies would rule

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

31c in Aviemore currently, one of the hottest places in the country. WHo would have thought it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
6 hours ago, danm said:

A bit of a difference for the next few days between what the BBC and Met Office are showing for max temps. Are the Met Office undercooking temps? 

Here's the next 6 days for London from both:

BBC (use raw ECM data?): 

image.thumb.png.1ab883e57141c72749cb38b8d787c1a3.png

Met Office:

image.thumb.png.d9f313c24e05c52204d5ee187ca9c62f.png

bbc are useless with their temperatures. They had 27c maxes forecast for Manchester yesterday when it was actually 31c.

Posted

Once the cloud cleared by 10am it has turned into a lovely day here with clear skies. The temperatures are much cooler in this area with the onshore breeze, maxing out at 18.8C so far. The wind is light so it feels very nice.

This month reminds me a lot of parts of summer 1995 which was not a hot summer overall here due to a persistent onshore breeze. The mean temp for that summer was 16.18C, which is lower than summer 2013, 2016 and 2017. It was dry and sunny though.

This month for comparison is only 0.9C above the 1981-2010 average so far, but has seen just 12.6mm of rain and already has sunshine 101% of normal with 3 days to go yet.

Posted
45 minutes ago, 38.5*C said:

bbc are useless with their temperatures. They had 27c maxes forecast for Manchester yesterday when it was actually 31c.

Well the Met Office are just as useless then! Their temps are even lower

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

3 days from now sun sets at 310°, furthest NW point at the moment 311°, no wonder so hot, as my room faces N, hottest direction to face after 6pm,

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Still fairly confident that this first third of July will see the last of the warmth of the warmth for a while. We have seen the trades redevelop in the western Pacific and are forecast to transfer east. 

More tropical assistance could redevelop of course later in the month but i suspect the middle third of July is more likely than not to see Atlantic influence even if not 2012 esc.

u.anom.30.5S-5N.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
8 hours ago, summer blizzard said:

Still fairly confident that this first third of July will see the last of the warmth of the warmth for a while. We have seen the trades redevelop in the western Pacific and are forecast to transfer east. 

More tropical assistance could redevelop of course later in the month but i suspect the middle third of July is more likely than not to see Atlantic influence even if not 2012 esc.

u.anom.30.5S-5N.gif

At last a glimmer of hope,fingers crossed the misery will come to a end soon. Working without pouring with sweat would be a dream come true!

Posted

Some idiot "heatwave" obsessed telegraph journalist going on about how dry its going to be in Glastonbury this year.

It isnt even on!

Everyone needs to calm down a bit.

Edited by Wimbledon88

Posted
1 hour ago, weatherguru14 said:

The summer of 1976 gets mentioned a lot for the reason it was the best summer for decades. I wasn't alive at the time. So just wondering if anyone knows what May was like that year?

You often get 1995 and 1976 mentioned when it comes to good summers as they weren't just the best for decades, but the best two summers in over 250 years.

In the CET series back to 1659, 1976 is the warmest and 1995 the 3rd warmest. In the England and Wales rainfall series, 1995 is the driest and 1976 the second driest. 1976 was also the sunniest and 1995 the third sunniest.

They're probably the summer equivalent to the 1947 and 1963 winters.

To answer your question, both May 1995 and 1976 weren't anything exceptional. I imagine no-one had any idea at the time of what was to come.

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, weatherguru14 said:

The summer of 1976 gets mentioned a lot for the reason it was the best summer for decades. I wasn't alive at the time. So just wondering if anyone knows what May was like that year?

I lived through the summer of 76,i can remember the misery and distress it caused. No water,wildlife decimated,wildfires,pollution...need i go on?

• Like 1

Posted

Hottest weather currently over Scotland and N Ireland. Not just warmer weather, but properly hot weather. Bizarre!

26B745E7-2720-46D6-A844-F9B041C90A9D.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
10 minutes ago, markyo said:

I lived through the summer of 76,i can remember the misery and distress it caused. No water,wildlife decimated,wildfires,pollution...need i go on?

Yes, please do. Sounds wonderful.

Posted
7 minutes ago, cheese said:

Yes, please do. Sounds wonderful.

That's very sad....

Edited by markyo
  • Like 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, markyo said:

Already found a few dead animals in our garden this summer, god knows what an entire summer of this is going to do to the local wildlife. Need a bit of rain. 

Posted
38 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

Already found a few dead animals in our garden this summer, god knows what an entire summer of this is going to do to the local wildlife. Need a bit of rain. 

We need a lot of rain,folk either don't understand or just are so immature  and selfish they don't care. Really ticks me off.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, markyo said:

We need a lot of rain,folk either don't understand or just are so immature  and selfish they don't care. Really ticks me off.

Yup. Situation is getting pretty desperate.