Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2018 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Message added by Paul

Please ensure you stick to the forum guidelines when using this thread, particularly when it comes to discussing weather preferences:

Weather Guilt-Tripping - Please don't suggest people are selfish for enjoying or even looking forward to a certain weather type. Everyone has different weather preferences, but since none of us can control the weather, no-one should be made to feel guilty or foolish for liking it.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/guidelines/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
12 minutes ago, B87 said:

Nobody expected the first half of the month to record less than 20 hours of sun either (which would be below par even in December). We were extremely unlucky to get that, it was the cloudiest ever start to April.

Sure. Both points can be true. But much like I wouldn't expect April to be very wet and cool, I wouldn't expect it to be like the past 2 days. It was bound to end eventually. The weather after Sunday looks pretty normal to me - and it doesn't look wet either. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
10 minutes ago, cheese said:

Sure. Both points can be true. But much like I wouldn't expect April to be very wet and cool, I wouldn't expect it to be like the past 2 days. It was bound to end eventually. The weather after Sunday looks pretty normal to me - and it doesn't look wet either. 

I never mentioned anything about the weather turning bad. It looks like typical late April weather; temps mid to high teens, dry and partly cloudy skies.

Nothing will be able to prevent this month from being an extremely cloudy one now, even after the last few sunny days,

Edited by B87

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, B87 said:

I never mentioned anything about the weather turning bad. It looks like typical late April weather; temps mid to high teens, dry and partly cloudy skies.

Nothing will be able to prevent this month from being an extremely cloudy one now, even after the last few sunny days,

I know you didn't, my other post was in reference to that user from Runcorn (sorry, name forgets me) who bemoaned the crap British climate because the weather of recent days is inevitably going to come to an end. You can get weather like this consistently in summer, but definitely not in April. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get something like July 2013.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and hot.
2 hours ago, cheese said:

I know you didn't, my other post was in reference to that user from Runcorn (sorry, name forgets me) who bemoaned the crap British climate because the weather of recent days is inevitably going to come to an end. You can get weather like this consistently in summer, but definitely not in April. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get something like July 2013.

I really hope we get another July 2006. That was such a wonderful spell of weather. I was in school at the time, and remember every day I could play football because it was endless blue skies and warmth. It seemed to go on forever. Was blissful. 

I do have a bad feeling about this summer though 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer

Im not so sure now about a poor summer now given how awful this spring has been!  Surely we have to break free any time soon from this vile sypnotic pattern. We always break free from vile patterns during the summer as soon as September rolls round, maybe on this occasion it will be June .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Loving the freshness of this week,so much better than last week! Any delay to summer heat is very welcome for myself. Also cheaper for the aircon as well!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Dont think theres any reason to be particularly downbeat about the outlook for the next 7 days. This time of year can still be cool at times but its lovely when the sun breaks through and you feel the warmth of the strengthening sun. At least the effects of the cold and wet March are disapearing. Plants recovering and no waterlogged fields. Plus i dont feel we are too far away from another warm spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
57 minutes ago, Milhouse said:

Dont think theres any reason to be particularly downbeat about the outlook for the next 7 days. This time of year can still be cool at times but its lovely when the sun breaks through and you feel the warmth of the strengthening sun. At least the effects of the cold and wet March are disapearing. Plants recovering and no waterlogged fields. Plus i dont feel we are too far away from another warm spell.

Better to have this now then hopefully come summer we'll break out of this pattern to something more favorable for heat

Posted
6 hours ago, markyo said:

Loving the freshness of this week,so much better than last week! Any delay to summer heat is very welcome for myself. Also cheaper for the aircon as well!

You nuts?  Last week was glorious, this week cold and sh*te.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
14 minutes ago, mulzy said:

You nuts?  Last week was glorious, this week cold and sh*te.

Read the post! Each to their own. I think folk are nuts wanting 25c plus temps! My opinion though. In me shorts at work this week,lovely and comfy thank you,not like last week:angry:

Edited by markyo
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Hopefully this summer doesn't make it 7 of the top 10 cloudiest summers since 2007! These are the cloudiest summers at Heathrow since sunshine started being recorded there in 1957.

1. 440.3 hrs (1968)
2. 445.8 hrs (1958)
3. 462.7 hrs (2012)
4. 478.7 hrs (2008)
5. 481.0 hrs (1977)
6. 481.3 hrs (1987)
7. 485.9 hrs (2016)
8. 491.2 hrs (2011)
9. 492.2 hrs (2007)
10. 492.8 hrs (2010)

Edited by B87
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

i hope it is the cloudiest on record..i will enjoy you moaning about the lack of sun all summer long:santa-emoji:

Posted
19 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Better to have this now then hopefully come summer we'll break out of this pattern to something more favorable for heat

But not in Darlington.

And at the same time as London and the south east swelters in the impactful heat, you will no doubt be saying how great/fantastic/wonderful it is.

:crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
2 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

But not in Darlington.

And at the same time as London and the south east swelters in the impactful heat, you will no doubt be saying how great/fantastic/wonderful it is.

:crazy:

I've experienced 35c temps in central London before it was lovely from my POV

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

I've experienced 35c temps in central London before it was lovely from my POV

How's  your memory?

35 degrees can be very harmful to the young the old and those with on going health issues.

Back during the cold easterly spell you made the point to people who 'wished' for it to be very cold with lots of snow that this type of weather would cause harm and some would die.

You really can't have it both ways, that would be hypocritical don't you think?

• Like 3

Posted

No point in moaning about the weather - it's not going to change it.  The only thing which can be improved is how you view it.  Almost all weathers to extremes can cause harm in some way - heat, cold, not enough sunlight, too much rain, not enough rain, ice, deep impenetrable snow, hard frost, wind etc. etc. Luckily, for our part of the world, few of them last for any really appreciable length of time (up until now in this historical era).  Some of them could even be mitigated to some extent if there was a reasonable functioning system of governance in place (fairer system of fuel payments, long term water use planning etc.).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
5 hours ago, DAVID SNOW said:

How's  your memory?

35 degrees can be very harmful to the young the old and those with on going health issues.

Back during the cold easterly spell you made the point to people who 'wished' for it to be very cold with lots of snow that this type of weather would cause harm and some would die.

You really can't have it both ways, that would be hypocritical don't you think?

I'm glad someone said it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
12 hours ago, B87 said:

Why would you want that?

Because i will be enjoying approx 900hrs of sunshine this summer.

Posted

I’m now going to force the hands of fate and wish for a warm, sunny spell to start around May 10th, with some hot days on and off, but temps staying between 24c to 27c. This spell of dry and sunny weather will last until mid August, with a few severe thunderstorms thrown in, and one or two days of rain and cloud(once every few weeks).

From mid August, the warm or hot weather will fade, and it will become cooler, with temps dropping back to 20c to 22c with sun and a cooler north east wind. Summer 2018 will still continue until mid September, but days and nights will gradually become cooler and fresher, while remaining exceptionally sunny.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

I'm hoping for a lovely, sunny summer. The solar panels take a decent chunk off the A/C power consumption.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The thing that's worrying me, is the apparent similarity to early May 1980...the rest of that summer was indescribably awful. Thank goodness I don't trust pattern-matching!?‍♀️:D