Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2018 - Moans, Ramps, Chat etc

Message added by Paul

Please ensure you stick to the forum guidelines when using this thread, particularly when it comes to discussing weather preferences:

Weather Guilt-Tripping - Please don't suggest people are selfish for enjoying or even looking forward to a certain weather type. Everyone has different weather preferences, but since none of us can control the weather, no-one should be made to feel guilty or foolish for liking it.

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/guidelines/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Well, it's that time of year again, summer is now within touching distance and keeping in line with previous years threads it's now time to get this year's summer thread up and running

If only we could have more days like today in summer!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Predictions for the summer?

I think we will have something similar to 2017, where it starts off good and gets progressively worse. Overall average temps and rainfall with below average sunshine.

June: temps above, rain below, sun below

July: temps average, rain average, sun below

August: temps below, rain above, sun below

5 days in a row above 30c in late June, a couple scattered in July, then nothing above 28c in August.

Edited by B87

Posted

I think we will get a better summer than last year.. surely can't get any worse?.July is bound to be better. I doubt we will get  4 poor Julys in a row. Just need a decent spell of summer weather in June and August and  summer 2018 will be satisfactory (well for those who like summer that is)

Posted

Guesstimate figures for London's summer 2018...

June: 22.9c/13.5c, 15mm, 190 hrs

July: 23.7c/14.0c, 35mm, 160 hrs

August: 22.0c/12.8c, 80mm, 130 hrs

Days above 25c: 30

Days above 30c: 7

Days above 32c: 2

Edited by B87

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

Had my fill already. All I've done these last 2 days is sneeze. My head's banging and my already pathetic tolerance for heat is at breaking point. I take my hat off to the southerners on here. If i lived down there, I would have topped myself long ago. Its not far off 30c now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I reckon we'll get a combo of June 1976, July 2006 and August 1995, but 10 times hotter.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
17 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Had my fill already. All I've done these last 2 days is sneeze. My head's banging and my already pathetic tolerance for heat is at breaking point. I take my hat off to the southerners on here. If i lived down there, I would have topped myself long ago. Its not far off 30c now.

Must be hard in the warmer months if you’re a bad hay fever sufferer. I do get hay fever but not severely, the sun and warmth of the last couple of days just make me smile and feel alive and healthy. The endless cloud we had beforehand made me feel extremely low and depressed. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Ah that summer of 2007.....distant fond memories,hardly sneezed at all,heaven!:)

Posted

I kinda accept the weather from  November to April..as we head  into summer,and its cloudy wet and cold I admit it does depress me at times. You pin your hopes on being able to enjoy the sunshine while its at is best

Edited by weatherguru14
  • Like 1

Posted

By late February you do expect the aun to start picking up though. This spring has been disastrous up to now.

I do feel a bit better about the upcoming summer now, than I did a week ago. I still think it'll be cloudier than normal though, especially August.

Edited by B87
  • Like 1

Posted

I think it'll be another poor one for sunshine, but with average temps and precipitation.

We can't buy a decent August these days and I think the run of dreadful Augusts will continue.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Well, looks like it's back to winter next week.  Knew the warm weather was too good to last.  The lousy British climate sees to that.

Posted
13 minutes ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

Well, looks like it's back to winter next week.  Knew the warm weather was too good to last.  The lousy British climate sees to that.

Looks like average temps with a couple of cooler days around 12-13c, before average temps return.

Posted

I was hoping we would see the last of anything south of 17 degrees, and here’s hoping the 20c plus days will become more frequent from May until September. 

All I ask for is some sun and less rain.

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

I was hoping we would see the last of anything south of 17 degrees, and here’s hoping the 20c plus days will become more frequent from May until September. 

All I ask for is some sun and less rain.

Of course the 20c days will be frequent from May to September. Happens every year, without fail. Even in 2007, 2011 and 2012.

Usually by the end of April, 17c and above is frequent.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
5 hours ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

It's April - did anyone expect this weather to last? We're lucky to be getting this at all tbh. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Finally warming up here too...might hit the magic 70f mid next week...praise the lord :drunk-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Mokidugway said:

Looking forward to the breakdown next week  if only not to listen to southerners bleating on about it  ,what a crap spring so far .

Apart from the last couple of days, Spring has been dreadful pretty much everywhere, definitely so in my area. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Apart from the last couple of days, Spring has been dreadful pretty much everywhere, definitely so in my area. 

depends when you class Spring as starting? if April 1st then yes, crap apart from last 3 days

Posted
1 hour ago, cheese said:

It's April - did anyone expect this weather to last? We're lucky to be getting this at all tbh. 

Nobody expected the first half of the month to record less than 20 hours of sun either (which would be below par even in December). We were extremely unlucky to get that, it was the cloudiest ever start to April.

Edited by B87
  • Like 1