Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion 14/04/18

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Good to see ECM sticking to its guns - turning increasingly warm through the weekend and into Monday. 30c+ once more, much better than the ukmo 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!

Awesome ECM so far at T192, massive high pressure over the UK  and the heat poised and building to the south!☀️

image.thumb.jpg.50968ea1fe6c1844046614b1be15e2e6.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.c85c10bf165da7098c449d1f59b13633.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

If you think it's bad for heat here just look at these 850's for Spain and Portugal!!!

ECMOPSP12_192_2.thumb.png.88f040a4cf7edbd96f3d25b120ab2bec.png

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Posted

Looks like going mega toasty in Iberia - parts of Spain and Portugal have 850s nearing 30c - you’d expect the usual hotspots like Seville/Córdoba to be going north of 40c into next week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

Wow what an Ecm 12z we have here, if you think it's hot now, it shows even hotter weather on the way, especially during the weekend and through next week with a beautiful anticyclone building over the uk..peachy charts! ...signs of a plume later too..stunning charts, the high is more solid than the 00z when it was pushed around but this run its nailed it!?️

120_mslp500.png

120_thickuk.png

144_mslp500.png

144_thickuk.png

168_mslp500.png

168_thickuk.png

192_mslp500.png

192_thickuk.png

216_mslp500.png

216_thickuk.png

240_mslp500.png

240_thickuk.png

240_mslp850.png

Craig-Revel-Horwood-10.jpg

Edited by Frosty.
  • Like 8

Posted
8 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

If you think it's bad for heat here just look at these 850's for Spain and Portugal!!!

giphy.gif

Yes but Summer Sun, watch where these 850s are going between T168 and T216... holy cow, if that Biscay low gets in the right position... we're going to run out of colors for heat over France and the southern half of the UK shortly after 

Doesn't quite manage it on this run (still very hot for the UK), but it really could. 

Edited by Man With Beard
  • Like 5

Posted

ECM just insane at the end of the run.  Here T216 and T240:

image.thumb.jpg.1e09b909632fb3e0fe4763eef7060bc0.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.25bc6c5dea6db0d720b0674475b92c7e.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.90e068cf45636fc809acafaf3bb2e20a.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.b314661db15c443f5007ba61ccbd2dad.jpg

That heat to the south, would like to see the next frames!

• Like 5

Posted

Really dangerous heat that mid 40s in Iberia interior perhaps record breaking there, interesting how both GFS and ECM are interested in a ‘plume’, will it make it? Think very hot route, greater chance of a breakdown following so be careful for what you wish for. A fascinating year this is turning out, wonder what autumn and winter could possibly do?

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3

Posted

The ECM build up of heat from the south tonight is given some support from the GFS parallel, aka FV3:

Take some direct hit to verify!!

image.thumb.jpg.2c23340cf306108424b42c8cb8d1f5b6.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.629e96efbc269ccbdbd052a01b707a2a.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
22 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Yes but Summer Sun, watch where these 850s are going between T168 and T216... holy cow, if that Biscay low gets in the right position... we're going to run out of colors for heat over France and the southern half of the UK shortly after 

Doesn't quite manage it on this run (still very hot for the UK), but it really could. 

Thos 850's over Spain and Portugal for next week are even higher than back in 2003

AVN_1_2003081000_2.thumb.png.8624f8bea4834246be5599d8c06c4dd4.png

• Like 8

Posted

ECM mean solid at T192:

image.thumb.jpg.76b656044c9ecf2b3add6d76a721d510.jpg

And here at T240, and just a suggestion that this heat build from the south idea may be gaining in strength, maybe?

image.thumb.jpg.6f81ba2bf9a5faec2ce3740b93c558bf.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.1842f04107860beb07bdc41d0128c53f.jpg

Edited by Mike Poole
  • Like 5

Posted

Perfick Ecm 12z ensemble mean again tonight for most of the uk, high pressure / strong azores ridging and further very warm / hot surface conditions, especially further south, indeed high pressure will strengthen its grip during the coming weekend and well into next week, perhaps only the far north of scotland seeing some occasional weak atlantic influence brushing around the top of the high. 

EDM1-144.gif

EDM1-168.gif

EDM1-192.gif

EDM1-216.gif

EDM1-240.GIF

perfick.jpg

Edited by Frosty.
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

giphy.gif

Just for reference, raw operational data showcases temperature peaking at 45C! Impressive (understatement) given tendency to under play temperatures by 1 - 3C, temperature record of 47.3 would surely be under notable threat if those synoptics were actually transferred to 0h. 

• Like 4

Posted

12z FIM9 doing it's level best to push a red tongue of fearsome heat into the UK at T240:

image.thumb.jpg.ccb62c1a729042d3aac9bf08f9d3c83f.jpg

Now I'm starting to think that this potential scenario needs watching!  Pressure chart at same time, all about how the low west of France engages...

image.thumb.jpg.596c220196631ba1675133e07249ac63.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Northwest NI said:

Are the people willing a plume on, really thinking it through? The price for your record breaking temperature day will be the end of the settled weather. Why can’t people be content with mid twenties and just enjoy them? There are about 4 summers in my lifetime that I’d say we’re perfect 1976,1983,1995,2003 and I’d like to add 2018. A plume now could possibly leave us with six weeks of the Atlantic and all this sunshine will fade in the memory.

Weather enthusiasts like all sorts of extreme and unusual set ups. Mid 20s are nothing special although I suppose weeks of them would be.

The plume will lead to a breakdown but it may be temporary. July 2003 had a couple of plumes then look what happened in August.

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, Northwest NI said:

Are the people willing a plume on, really thinking it through? The price for your record breaking temperature day will be the end of the settled weather. Why can’t people be content with mid twenties and just enjoy them? There are about 4 summers in my lifetime that I’d say we’re perfect 1976,1983,1995,2003 and I’d like to add 2018. A plume now could possibly leave us with six weeks of the Atlantic and all this sunshine will fade in the memory.

Very good post, completely agree, a plume, although potentially very exciting normally heralds a return of the atlantic, I really don't want to see the atlantic return this summer, ideally we could alternate between unstable continental thundery interludes to ease the growing water shortages  and continue with more settled azores high / ridge periods with warm / very warm / hot sometimes humid conditions.

Edited by Frosty.
  • Like 9

Posted
14 minutes ago, Northwest NI said:

I'm not sure anyone here is willing a plume on?  This home grown heat under our anticyclone is lovely.  But this is the model output discussion thread and the plume option is starting to show up on the models so surely it's OK that that scenario is discussed?  I still think it's unlikely, but less unlikely than I thought it yesterday if that makes sense.

• Like 4

Posted
12 minutes ago, Northwest NI said:

Very true - sadly the Synoptics needed to deliver exceptional heat in the UK often result in a breakdown very soon afterwards. Pressure patterns like we are seeing now will deliver slightly lower temperatures, but last much longer with a big area of high pressure.

the ecm mean is again trying to pull everything west by day 10, so I’d say there is a small risk of a breakdown from mid month onwards at the moment - one to keep watching over, as this could change greatly in the coming days as the cut off low gets modelled and resolved better.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather
26 minutes ago, tinybill said:

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?mode=2&ech=204

if   f1  right we  might get some rain!!

Here is hoping the farmers round here are desperate for some rainfall. And also the for the fires around saddleworth. Looking at those charts does seem that around the 13th we could see a change to some welcome rainfall. Here is hoping. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Plenty of examples in history of plumes followed by settled weather. 2006 - mid July, 36C from a massive plume - there were shortly after 10 consecutive days at 30+ in the SE. 

In fact the south coast is under the tail end of a plume right now. 

But what will be will be!! 

Edited by Man With Beard
  • Like 5

Posted
29 minutes ago, Northwest NI said:

It matters not who will what .... it’ll happen regardless one way or another ... as yet the forum doesn’t control the weather 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper winter/Proper summer
9 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

Plenty of examples in history of plumes followed by settled weather. 2006 - mid July, 36C from a massive plume - there were shortly after 10 consecutive days at 30+ in the SE. 

In fact the south coast is under the tail end of a plume right now. 

But what will be will be!! 

In your location that is possible. It’s always “the end” for us