Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model output discussion 14/04/18

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
10 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

change from easterly breezes at least

Yeah we're really making progress, the Ecm 12z day 10 shows a NEly!:whistling::D

Sorry can't post the chart..probably just as well really:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
8 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Yeah we're really making progress, the Ecm 12z day 10 shows a NEly!:whistling::D

Sorry can't post the chart..probably just as well really:D

ay, but noticed EC very rarely happens after 192 or so, pure FI

ECM1-240.GIF?09-0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

That end of ecm run is so bad, and so different from anything else you just think it can’t possibly be right!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!

The ECM ensemble mean does not support the op run, here at T240:

tempresult_stc3.gif

I think we need a little patience as we ride out this upcoming unsettled spell, the ridge from the Azores will come I think, setting up a great UK summer.  Meanwhile, I'm carrying on watching the models .

• Like 1

Posted
56 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Yeah we're really making progress, the Ecm 12z day 10 shows a NEly!

Sorry can't post the chart..probably just as well really

Not much support from previous cluster sets. Wouldn't take the ECM 12Z latter stages too seriously at the moment. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold , snow . Hot sunny

Decent week coming up for the east coast . Temps in upper teens . Glad the most of uk has had decent weather but here it's been crap 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Not a great deal to shout about this morning. It appears the second low coming across the pond later in the week will be more of a player than previously thought, and is preventing the high ridging in for now. We will just have to sit on our hands a while until things quieten down again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
10 hours ago, Stozzy said:

Decent week coming up for the east coast . Temps in upper teens . Glad the most of uk has had decent weather but here it's been crap 

Agreed crap here too, all the way back through the supposed " Warmest May on Record "

• Like 1

Posted

Poor runs this morning. Worrying that ECM has turned out two very poor runs in a row now. Ok it’s not quite as bad as last night, it’s still a rotten run for summer fans.

Edited by Djdazzle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Rainfall still looking quite low for the south and east though given similar pressure readings to what we have now. Much more of an unsettled spell to come across the north. Could be quite muggy in the south with a lot of warm air getting caught in the flow a week today.

• Like 1

Posted

I’m sure someone a couple weeks back posted that trades would surge and with a lag effect around middle of June but then looked like easing off so expect the expected really. Maybe things should improve last week of June by what I saw back then

• Like 1

Posted
19 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Poor runs this morning. Worrying that ECM has turned out two very poor runs in a row now. Ok it’s not quite as bad as last night, it’s still a rotten run for summer fans.

Slight exaggeration, yes not great compared to the last few weeks but a lot of very decent conditions on offer for many until after midweek at least..

It doesn't look to me like the low is going to be ploughing straight through the UK, with areas further south possibly remaining quite dry. We have certainly seen worse situations in the UK in summers gone by.

• Like 3

Posted

EC mean again looks a bit better than the op by day 9/10.

So all to play for longer term, would like to see a more optimistic operational over the next few days.. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Jet certainly ramping up from Thursday into wk2 off the Atlantic from the GFS, The North bearing the brunt of the worst as usual. So an unsettled period of mobile weather coming up from the West after what has been a very calm warm and settled start to Summer for the majority.

• Like 2

Posted
12 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

EC mean again looks a bit better than the op by day 9/10.

Indeed it does, better ridging towards the southwest, low further north.:)

• Like 3

Posted

Whatever the various 2x or 4x synoptic outputs may be showing in the past 24 hours or so, none of the 3 500 mb anomaly charts show anything other than a fairly mobile westerly, quite strong, with the upper trough pretty much over the UK. So less warm for those areas that have had such values over the past week or two, fairly changeable for the next 2 weeks or so. Better for the east coast resorts for sure. Overall better the further SE one lives as is usually the case with this type of flow.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather
2 hours ago, Tamara said:

But lets see off the flies in the ointment first:)

I'll wait and see

The flies I have in my house seem determined to survive well beyond what I want them too

lets hope the flies in the ointment Tamara was referring too are a little less resillent

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

My thoughts on the Gfs 6z operational are that it's less bad, there's actually plenty of high pressure / ridging at times further south with most of the unsettled weather targeting  NW britain and there is some very warm weather at times further s / se..cooler further northwest.:)

Edited by Frosty.
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Fascinating as always Tamara! I think I made sense of most of it haha. Is the suggestion that a lingering La Niña could scupper decent summer conditions as much as a developing one, or would declining La Niña to neutral exhibit improving conditions as the summer wares on?

Posted
43 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Fascinating as always Tamara! I think I made sense of most of it haha. Is the suggestion that a lingering La Niña could scupper decent summer conditions as much as a developing one, or would declining La Niña to neutral exhibit improving conditions as the summer wares on?

The majority of models in the IRI/CPC plume predict ENSO-neutral to continue at least through the Northern Hemisphere summer 2018 (Fig. 6). As the fall and winter approaches, many models indicate an increasing chance for El Niño.

This from NOAA CPC

• Like 3

Posted

Looking at the GEFS 12z mean, it doesn't look to me as though the south would be affected much by this upcoming atlantic weather later in the week ahead, most of the unsettled weather looks to be across n / nw uk, particularly n.ireland and w / n scotland and then following this more changeable / unsettled blip the azores high ridges NE into the uk from early in week 2 bringing increasingly fine and warmer weather, at least across most of england and wales..so, this run shows more of a north / south split with southern uk seeing plenty of decent (warm / very warm) weather, especially through late june.

• Like 3