Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

When will we get a warm sunny month in 2018?

Sunny76

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Yes I guess they are catering for the general public who vastly enjoy warm or even hot weather than cold,wet or windy unless of course you are registered on Netweather where for some strange perculiar reason the majority want cold,snow,wet and wind and even in summer crave for storms instead of anything sunny or pleasant.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Sorry that is supposed to be quoting Walsall's post ..oops.

Posted

I hope we get a baking hot month like July 2013

Another disgusting day here, of many , this winter needs putting out of its misery , and made to rest in peace , it's like a tormented spirit that will not rest that just wants to carrying on haunting ,  Get the exorcists in to banish it  

Posted
3 hours ago, cheese said:

Unsurprisingly, full days of sunshine are much scarcer outside of spring and summer. If you knew anything about weather or climate, that would be painstakingly obvious. Just like last year, and the year before that, full sunshine days will probably congregate in the May to September period, which is the sunniest period of the year (unsurprising to anyone who has even a very basic grasp of UK weather and climate).

Please, for the sake of this forum and everyone that uses it, go educate yourself. And learn some proper grammar for goodness sake's - every time I read your posts I feel like I'm on the comments section of The Sun.

I know a lot about weather and climate. I pointed out your errors several times.. and please calm down you appear to have an ego  that doesn't suit your reality.

so next  time take a long breath and have a pause before you respond.  THANK YOU!

Posted
2 hours ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

That's one thing I don't like about tv forecasts is the fact they tend to talk down colder temperatures as a really negative thing, whilst making out any sort of warm up is to be universally welcomed, and mentioning it in a relief type of way. Bearing in mind in Winter especially higher temperatures are usually associated with cloudy and wet conditions, which surely are more depressing than clear skies with frosty nights. I imagine though because they're aimed at the general public they're designed to cater to the general populations prejudices. I do wish they'd just report the weather without any bias at all though as not everybody welcomes milder and warmer temperatures at all times and it takes more than that, like wall to wall sunshine and light winds to feel nice anyway.

I agree :). What I find annoying is the bbc outlook tonight, before you clink onto the  video it shows complete  clear blue sky image. And has you go further into the forecast there is absolute not mention if it.. Saturday is looking cloudy now.. Stuff like that as been a common theme over the last few years. especially in the summer months.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

The last time I had maximum sunshine was... shock horror... February lol. It was of course the sunniest February on record.

Top ten sunny days for my location last summer (from May 21st) were:

June 17th - 14.8hrs

July 02nd - 14.8 hrs

May 26th - 14.7 hrs

July 05th - 14.5 hrs

June 18th - 14.3 hrs

June 21st - 13.9 hrs

July 25th - 13.8 hrs

June 19th - 13.0 hrs

May 25th - 12.8 hrs

August 27th - 11.3 hrs

Plenty spaced out across the season, and a few sunnier ones that these lower ones in April and early May. This notion of impossibility getting a clear day is utter nonsense.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, weatherguru14 said:

I know a lot about weather and climate. I pointed out your errors several times.. and please calm down you appear to have an ego  that doesn't suit your reality.

so next  time take a long breath and have a pause before you respond.  THANK YOU!

?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
41 minutes ago, MP-R said:

The last time I had maximum sunshine was... shock horror... February lol. It was of course the sunniest February on record.

Top ten sunny days for my location last summer (from May 21st) were:

June 17th - 14.8hrs

July 02nd - 14.8 hrs

May 26th - 14.7 hrs

July 05th - 14.5 hrs

June 18th - 14.3 hrs

June 21st - 13.9 hrs

July 25th - 13.8 hrs

June 19th - 13.0 hrs

May 25th - 12.8 hrs

August 27th - 11.3 hrs

Plenty spaced out across the season, and a few sunnier ones that these lower ones in April and early May. This notion of impossibility getting a clear day is utter nonsense.

Looking at the data for Leeming, it looks like there were clear days in January and February. One day in February had 8.1 hours when the day length is between 9 and 10 hours, while one in January had 6 when the day length is around 7.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Probably 2019 for a sunnier than average summer month.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm, sunny summers

The year started off very sunny here with both the sunniest January in 3 years and one of the sunniest Februaries I've experienced. February was absolutely beautiful. It was cold. It was dry. It was snowy. It was sunny. The ideal Winter month if you ask me. Of course, we've more than paid back for that with a very dull March and now what is so far a very dull April. This was coming after a very sunny November and a relatively sunny December but October was very dull.

I don't know how to answer the original question of this thread because my outlooks for May were very uncertain and still are with multiple methodologies offsetting one another in creating a defined pattern whilst for the Summer, it's more clear cut for a poor season though there are always exceptions of course with any long range forecasting. 

I'd be surprised to see a May as good as 2016 or 2017 for a third consecutive year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

January here was dull with 45 hours, but offset by a sunnier February with 92 hours. March was the 3rd cloudiest on record after 2013 and 1962, recording only 70 hours. April so far is on course to be cloudiest on record, just 20 hours recorded so far when the monthly average is 170. Next week's warm/hot spell could help increase the sun hours drastically, however.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...