Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

There has been thunder and lightning here in Esher for the last hour. It seems to have stopped now. Just as I say that there was another flash!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

All action back south of the M4 again - Bournemouth getting a second round. Popcorn storm nr St Albans has conked out, nothing in the Channel. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

We had some thunder rolling around for about an hour. We had a 20 - 30 minute storm with 4 flashes and 3 loud claps then nothing. I think that may be us done for the night. I am sort of hoping so as the poor dog cannot deal with it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Had some decent thunder here in Watford. All gone now, but its the earliest I have ever had a nighttime storm. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

There's the odd flash and bang south of Cambridge which is about all anyone in the east can hope for - don't expect anything like the south coast show earlier unless there's some sort of weather miracle we'll have to settle for one flash every 20 mins and some distant rumbles....standard.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises
51 minutes ago, biddie said:

pretty big in herts stevenage welwyn Hatfield 

Yup..pretty big indeed for our parts.. it woke me up and now can't get back to sleep - wish I'd been awake to take some photos

https://en.sat24.com/en/gb/rainTMC

maybe a bit more before the night over but I'll prob miss it - again (-:

Edited by Pixel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Gloomy start to the day here, feeling quite cold too so have turned the heating on again.

Missed out on the storms last night, just to the west of me.

Posted
Just now, Surrey said:

What a fantastic night my word! Some of the lightning lit up my whole room while we were watching it! Torrential rain and strong winds fantastic so early in the year. Now woken up to Crystal clear skies and sunshine absolutely classic summer night time storms 

Agreed - has a feel of 1976 to it already 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Well... last night was really disappointing for my location. Not a single flash or rumble, meanwhile places further west were getting a fantastic thundery breakdown. Oh well, it’s still early in the season. 

Edited by LightningLover
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

And I’m glad everyone else got some action too!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
30 minutes ago, Surrey said:

What a fantastic night my word! Some of the lightning lit up my whole room while we were watching it! Torrential rain and strong winds fantastic so early in the year. Now woken up to Crystal clear skies and sunshine absolutely classic summer night time storms 

A nice nighttime storm but made more impressive by being in April. Hopefully, a sign of things to come, lol. Lovely sunny start to the day, must make the most of it as the cold front starts moving in later on. Currently 14C here. 

• Like 1

Just now, stainesbloke said:

A nice nighttime storm but made more impressive by being in April. Hopefully, a sign of things to come, lol. Lovely sunny start to the day, must make the most of it as the cold front starts moving in later on. Currently 14C here. 

Been looking at this front and I think its being delayed somewhat, Met office now going for 24c today.. up 2c from 22 yesterday and the high res models don't make much of it..

Precipitation EURO4 Su 22.04.2018 12 GMTPrecipitation EURO4 Su 22.04.2018 15 GMT

Would like to note that EURO4 in my part of the woods did phenomenally well last night 

preciprate_016.jpg?2018042200preciprate_017.jpg?2018042200

AROME wants to break storms out further EAST

overview_012.jpg?2018042200overview_015.jpg?2018042200

So to the ICON

overview_014.jpg?2018042200overview_015.jpg?2018042200overview_016.jpg?2018042200overview_017.jpg?2018042200

HIRLAM has the front staying together but explodes thunderstorms over London East from it..

BIG differences!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The storms fizzled out before reaching my location here in East Anglia. Shown nicely in this sequence from Blitzortung tweeted by Dan Holley:

Hopefully better luck for East Anglia this afternoon. Arome showing some instability in the atmosphere as the cold front approaches this afternoon, so in with a small chance.

5adc3a9d57810_AromeMUCAPESun22April16_00.thumb.png.533983377feb2463f53ac654da46d2b3.png5adc3aa8aa554_AromeSun22April18_00.thumb.png.640fd47c3e394ea8066d93ecaf1a775c.png

• Like 2

Posted

Wow! Heard thunder rumbling around just after midnight, then woken up by a proper storm around 3am, followed by heavy rain.

I love it when you can still see the lightning with your curtains and eyes closed!

And won't have to water the allotment today, bonus.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Hubs said we had some heavy rain but didn't hear any thunder. bummer. 

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Nowt here last night...But, due to today's offshore breeze, it's already up to 21C...Hoping for a few rumbles later - not expecting...:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

No thunder here last night our storms turned and went to Belgium, What's new lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

while everyone is having BBQ's and getting drunk think of me baking cakes for brownies tomorrow. Well bubs is helping for a badge. only need to do 24 \o/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
23 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

didn't get any last night

The cat not interested?:rofl:

Anyway, it's 23C, W2W (with the exception of a few burgeoning cumuli) and with a very humid SW breeze...I wonder if it'll go bang like it did in SE London, in April 2011?:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
23 hours ago, lassie23 said:

is that in the market by london bridge?

No thats Borough Market your thinking of Lass, Greenwich is about 10/15 mins further east along the Thames. Heres some pics of the museums, the dome, Royal Observatory and Greenwich park, and finally the Cutty Sark.

Turned out lovely today, east is best, been out sunbathing this morning with my cups of sweet tea after cutting the lawns yesterday. 24c.:yahoo:

images-4.jpg

images-9.jpg

images-10.jpg

images-11.jpg

maxresdefault-1.jpg

w_1200.jpg

View-across-the-Thames-to-the-Cutty-Sark-Matt-Buck.png

• Like 4