Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

7 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Persistent rain still falling here. Anyone get a storm out of this muck.

I can't remember the last storm we've had here Alexis, it was that long ago

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got to say that the weather certainly caught forecasters out this morning.Saw the bbc 1 forecast last night at 10.35 and was expecting rain maybe 5-7am for my location and then a pleasant day.Well we had a bit of rain at 5.30am and then it was dry till about 8.15 and then it poured till about 10.45.The rain obviousily was a lot further West than they forecast last night lol!!Pretty poor forecast only 12 hours out imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hotspur61 said:

Got to say that the weather certainly caught forecasters out this morning.Saw the bbc 1 forecast last night at 10.35 and was expecting rain maybe 5-7am for my location and then a pleasant day.Well we had a bit of rain at 5.30am and then it was dry till about 8.15 and then it poured till about 10.45.The rain obviousily was a lot further West than they forecast last night lol!!Pretty poor forecast only 12 hours out imo.

True. They just can't seem to get a handle on anything coming up from the south. The met were equally as bad with their forecasting too for this morning.

• Like 2

Back to the wet muddy dog walks for me too @Badgers01 

Green everywhere with brown all but gone apart from the beginnings of the autumn turn. 

Hopefully with no real rain in the forecast we may get away with another dry couple of dog walk weeks before the autumn rains/mucky paws really begin. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Back to the wet muddy dog walks for me too @Badgers01 

Green everywhere with brown all but gone apart from the beginnings of the autumn turn. 

Hopefully with no real rain in the forecast we may get away with another dry couple of dog walk weeks before the autumn rains/mucky paws really begin. 

Liam Dutton - Weatherman✔@liamdutton

EARLY SEPTEMBER WEATHER TREND

- often high pressure
- mainly dry with sunny spells
- occasional showers for far south
- warmer than average
- widespread or notable heatwave unlikely
- chilly nights with rural frost risk
- patchy overnight fog

Looking quite nice for the next couple of weeks. High pressure always welcome.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Liam Dutton - Weatherman✔@liamdutton

EARLY SEPTEMBER WEATHER TREND

- often high pressure
- mainly dry with sunny spells
- occasional showers for far south
- warmer than average
- widespread or notable heatwave unlikely
- chilly nights with rural frost risk
- patchy overnight fog

Looking quite nice for the next couple of weeks. High pressure always welcome.

Yes will take that gladly !!

• Like 2

Pleasant day so far here, good to see the sunshine again. 19C currently with light NNE’ly winds.

• Like 2

A quiet day, weather wise.  Some bright sunny spells with scattered cumulus clouds.  The temperature is perfect at 18 °C  and there is 52% humidity.  The visibility is very good.  There is a very light breeze and it is coming from a northerly direction.

We just had a very isolated, very light shower in Hastings (the sun was still shining unobscured!)

September is the new January, longer nights, back to school, crap weather, no holidays for ages?

next hols is in 7 weeks lass.

well it is for bubs.

Perfect day for sorting out bubs new uniform, she's going to be in shirt and tie come October. Nice they still make girls wear ties when I have never worn one (only an elastic one) so have no idea how to put the basted one on yet alone teach her. So found some elastic ones. Girls don't wear ties. 

Cloudy all day i think. too busy with my head in the wardrobe. 

On 29/08/2018 at 07:45, stainesbloke said:

Lucky you, being able to heat your greenhouse. Can’t do that with mine as I can’t get to the allotment every day. Are you making sauces with your chilli’s? There’s a bloke on our allotments who grows the super hot ones, he bottles them

nah I am going to dry mine and store them for the winter and next year. We have a lot of chilli lovers in the family so they will get used up :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dami said:

well it is for bubs.

Perfect day for sorting out bubs new uniform, she's going to be in shirt and tie come October. Nice they still make girls wear ties when I have never worn one (only an elastic one) so have no idea how to put the basted one on yet alone teach her. So found some elastic ones. Girls don't wear ties. 

Remember! School teaches that every one is equal and we are all the same HAHAHAH!! ? Till you get flung into the real world and that is the furthest thing from the truth 

• Like 1

First bright and sunny start to the day for what feels like ages :) Felt cool earlier though only 10C with everywhere dripping....

Hope the forecast is right for the weekend, warmer and sunny with it.

• Like 1

On 29/08/2018 at 21:28, Hotspur61 said:

Wow you got lucky we had rain all day here, guess you were on the boundary.

14 hours ago, Dami said:

well it is for bubs.

I wore one in primary, and secondary, still can't tie one though lol. My kids can though, hubby taught them, for secondary.

4 hours ago, Surrey said:

Remember! School teaches that every one is equal and we are all the same HAHAHAH!! ? Till you get flung into the real world and that is the furthest thing from the truth 

Bubs school just teaches equality among the races as Bedford is quite multi cultural and that each child can achieve. Thankfully this school hasn't banned skirts yet. I will be rebel mum with the elastic slightly the wrong shade of yellow tie. I'm not aware she gets taught the sexes are the same, i think social media does that one.

Anyway feels like autumn today a bit cloudy and i'm awaiting men with vans with birthday presents for bubs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

I wore one in primary, and secondary, still can't tie one though lol. My kids can though, hubby taught them, for secondary.

I still wear mine, occasionally. ?

As I count down the hours to the end of 'meteorological summer' ( yes I know, but I happen to like the JJA definition ! ) I'm looking forward to adding up all the stats I've been recording from Weathercasts Herstmonceux site for summer 2018.

I'm pretty certain August will fare worse than the previous 2 months though in terms of warmth, sunshine and particularly rainfall. I'll hopefully post the figures here tomorrow for anyone interested.

Currently a pleasant 20.5c under clear blue skies in St Leonards on Sea.

• Like 5

Really lovely afternoon, 22.c a bit earlier, perfect for working outdoors. I've just got the candles, winter coat and blanket throws out of storage today though as it's meteorological autumn tomorrow!! 

Having said that, please can we have loads of hot sunny weather next week when I'm (finally) on my 'summer' holidays in Devon.

• Like 2

Lovely sitting in the garden after work, you can feel that the sun is starting to loose its strength and autumn is just around the corner. Bring it on ?

• Like 1

A nice day to finish Summer 2018 with. Plenty of warm sunshine and light winds. Looks like more of the same to come, perhaps warmer. Smashing ?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

A nice day to finish Summer 2018 with. Plenty of warm sunshine and light winds. Looks like more of the same to come, perhaps warmer. Smashing ?

Let’s hope so ??

some lovely warm autumn days and frosty nights ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

thought you would be happy - was certainly a pleasant afternoon. Personally ambivalent on a return to 25c + but if we do get a warm / heatwave early next week it will as ever be bang on que for back to school ..

Edited by Badgers01
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

thought you would be happy - was certainly a pleasant afternoon. Personally ambivalent on a return to 25c + but if we do get a warm / heatwave early next week it will as ever be bang on que for back to school ..

Gosh I am out of touch !! just seen the forecast 25c tomorrow 26c on Sunday !! Nice ?

• Like 2