Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
46 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

It’s like November. Hope all those who wished for this are pleased with themselves!

It is indeed. A definite whiff of autumnal decay in the air.Looking foward to a little trip to the common after work. 

Posted
3 hours ago, Katrine Basso said:

It really feels like Autumn has started much earlier this year. I have had my first (organic) blackberries (UK grown) which normally which is the earliest for home grown berries.  I wonder if it will be the same for the (home grown) apples.

Strangly the hot 3 months of may june and july havent really had much effect on the apples and pears at my allotment. No different to previous years to be honest.Lots of berries though as you. say

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Anyone else's mood taken a massive nosedive with the turn of the weather?

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Anyone else's mood taken a massive nosedive with the turn of the weather?

Nope.

Just means being at work is more bearable.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
2 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Yes indeedy,very welcome. Certainly cleared the air.14.4c here,bit higher than you out in the sticks. 

Lovely drop of rain, here in S.E.London!! Crikey, forecasting a min. of 12c tonight!!:clapping:

Might not need the bedroom fan on tonight. That'll be a first, in months!!

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Lovely drop of rain, here in S.E.London!! Crikey, forecasting a min. of 12c tonight!!:clapping:

Might not need the bedroom fan on tonight. That'll be a first, in months!!

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

I am pleased that temperature is down a bit.  My first brew under way with the mini mini brewery my son decided I needed.  Think it was a matter I have the space and he doesn't.

Been a need to maintain a steady temp of 18c whilst the stuff was fermenting.

Certainly a lot more sophisticated than my beer making in yester year.  When all you had was a bucket into which you poured a tin of gunk, water and yeast. Sometimes not bad, frequently poisonous but we drank it anyway.

Bottling on Sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
3 hours ago, Djdazzle said:

It’s like November. Hope all those who wished for this are pleased with themselves!

Delighted  

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Lovely to walk out my back garden and onto Geath land for a dog walk .... was cool but everywhere felt cleansed after the rain ! Have to say it was nice to feel fresh :) 

90EB9024-E096-405B-9E0F-DA1BF1EA937F.jpeg

30C869F7-6519-4F9B-9FFF-EF852B35B73A.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
4 hours ago, Djdazzle said:

I sure am, been waiting for wind and rain for long enough!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
21 hours ago, claret047 said:

Good Evening Everyone,

Re last Friday's thunderstorms, I thought you may wish to read the article I have attached from my local newspaper's website.

https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-news/ball-fire-spotted-floating-outside-1902507

Kind Regards

Dave

Mmm don't know where but someone in the storm thread was under a storm with rotation that at one point looked like it had a wedge, but they don't think it was down, just a very low cloud base. Just wondering if the trees are down in that area.

I'm glad I've not seen ball lightning, think it would freak me out.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
Just now, Djdazzle said:

But it's summer! Makes no sense!

Summer heat is fine as long as the heat isn't oppressive and stuck in a never ending pattern, I like variety, I would welcome another heatwave at the end of the month as long as its no longer than a week long and we have some kind of decent breakdown.

• Like 2

Posted
8 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Yes indeed. Very autumnal this morning. Even quite bracing in the wind. Just shows we can have all sorts of weather in space of a few weeks. Hopefully some big heavy downpours after the rain band but I doubt it unfortunately.

It was still t-shirt weather down here today, rain is only just going through now.

Posted
1 minute ago, The East has Ceased said:

Summer heat is fine as long as the heat isn't oppressive and stuck in a never ending pattern, I like variety, I would welcome another heatwave at the end of the month as long as its no longer than a week long and we have some kind of decent breakdown.

Don't disagree with that. Just don't like depressing wet days and warm cloudy days. In the past week, only Saturday has been decent.

• Like 2

Posted
6 hours ago, Katrine Basso said:

It really feels like Autumn has started much earlier this year. I have had my first (organic) blackberries (UK grown) which normally which is the earliest for home grown berries.  I wonder if it will be the same for the (home grown) apples.

The ones on my neighbours tree have looked ready for picking for a while already, we've eaten all our black beries already, waiting for the later ones to mature.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Foul day. 

Strange reading those praising a November like day in August when you have 6 months of it coming up. 

23c on Friday and 25c at the weekend with no rain - that’s better at least. A useable weekend for us week workers. 

Massive recovery of yellow grass and vegetation - as I said weeks ago to those having a panic attack because their lawn isn’t green, nature will balance out.

• Like 3

Posted

According to Look East just now, no persistent rainfall expected in the 7 days... Good riddance- it’s summer afterall. 

Temps averaging 22 -25c - not spectacular but definitely pleasant and useable for those of us that like to get out and about.  

• Like 2

Posted
50 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Foul day. 

Strange reading those praising a November like day in August when you have 6 months of it coming up. 

23c on Friday and 25c at the weekend with no rain - that’s better at least. A useable weekend for us week workers. 

Massive recovery of yellow grass and vegetation - as I said weeks ago to those having a panic attack because their lawn isn’t green, nature will balance out.

November-like? It's been about 20 °C here, so not Novemberish at all. I am happy that my lawn is showing signs of green and relieved that the high temperatures that made me feel ill have disappeared for a few days

• Like 5

Posted
14 minutes ago, Crepuscular Ray said:

November-like? It's been about 20 °C here, so not Novemberish at all. I am happy that my lawn is showing signs of green and relieved that the high temperatures that made me feel ill have disappeared for a few days

It’s been 20c here too. At 5pm 

Otherwise 16c in pouring rain until 3pm - so yes a November day 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

There were some very nice cloudscapes after the cold front passed— I took this photo a few minutes ago:

95DB5C0B-E811-4EE8-8D99-9AE1CF074A56.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted

A Big contrast in temperature today and weather type at such a short distance. Whist today at 14.00 hours the maximum temperature was  around 30 Celsius in some parts of Paris , some places in London were just 14c. Not very often you see such big a difference, in just over 200 miles. (Gender: Male  location Battersea, London)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Now that we’ve had a good couple of rainfalls, can we return to something a bit more summery, please? The vegetation is already benefitting from the rain. The grass is rapidly greening up. Some warm sunshine would be lovely  

Posted
24 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Now that we’ve had a good couple of rainfalls, can we return to something a bit more summery, please? The vegetation is already benefitting from the rain. The grass is rapidly greening up. Some warm sunshine would be lovely  

We will probably get the warmth but looking cloudy and humid for the foreseeable unfortunately. Typical long fetch south-westerly snoozefest weather.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
6 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

We will probably get the warmth but looking cloudy and humid for the foreseeable unfortunately. Typical long fetch south-westerly snoozefest weather.

That’s a shame. Doesn’t need to be hot, pleasantly warm and sunny would be lovely.

• Like 1