Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 26/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

No breeze this morning, 3 more days of hell, I mean heat, then some much needed relief, sun but cooler and maybe if we’re lucky a smidge of rain.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

3 more days of heaven - no relief needed here.. it’s not even humid!! if we are lucky,  no rain.... 

Gin clear blues sky’s here this morning, stunning. 

Posted

To be fair Ben, indeed yesterday was ok, not humid and the breeze was lovely, nor is it humid yet today, but temps rising anything above 25c to me is yuk. I’ve never been a fan of hot weather even when young, and as I get even more old and wrinkly the less I like it. I hope you enjoy it, for those who love the hot weather it’s been a great summer, I’m just a cooler weather person 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Gorgeous morning, already 21C with clear skies. So nice to be able to enjoy camping trips without stressing about rain and wind.

• Like 4

Posted

Last night was so comfortable. In fact around 9pm I moved indoors.

I love it when it’s warm with low humidity. It’s the humidity that kills me.

hoping it stays this way til Wednesday but I’d imagine it’s going to et more humid as the change in weather gets closer 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather
12 minutes ago, c00ps said:

Last night was so comfortable. In fact around 9pm I moved indoors.

I love it when it’s warm with low humidity. It’s the humidity that kills me.

hoping it stays this way til Wednesday but I’d imagine it’s going to et more humid as the change in weather gets closer 

I have the same intolerance to humidity but cannot cope with the heat as well as I used to.  The maximum I can cope with is 23 °C  or slightly warmer along with a cool wind.

• Like 3

Posted
23 minutes ago, Katrine Basso said:

I have the same intolerance to humidity but cannot cope with the heat as well as I used to.  The maximum I can cope with is 23 °C  or slightly warmer along with a cool wind.

Not too much longer and you’ll be enjoying the nicer cooler conditions. Unfortunately there’s probably 3 days left of the hot weather 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

As long as it stays clear on Saturday night into Sunday— I’m hoping to catch some Perseid meteors... I counted 7 last night!

Edited by LightningLover
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
4 hours ago, LightningLover said:

As long as it stays clear on Saturday night into Sunday— I’m hoping to catch some Perseid meteors... I counted 7 last night!

i saw one in 6 hours 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

That will have be fantastic as the last time I saw a meteor shower was sometime in the late 90's.  This time I have got a good pair of binoculars and hope that the sky will not too overcast for me to watch the  Perseid meteor shower.  There is also light pollution which could hinder and a forecast for an overcast sky.

Edited by Katrine Basso
incomplete post

Posted

Stunning day in Windsor. Sunny and warm. Exactly how it should be in summer for those of us that work 6 days a week on their day off. 

Everyone is happy and enjoying themselves.

My next day off looking back to default - 22c and rain..... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Just for fun of course but certainly on the cold/cool side of the jet stream by the end of next week and plenty of much needed rain showing as well. In fact all the way out to the end of the run there’s plenty of the wet stuff about. 

44A31E69-2656-46D7-9525-93F19862ABC3.png

A4734A56-7779-437C-BF53-917A610851BA.png

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, shotski said:

Just for fun of course but certainly on the cold/cool side of the jet stream by the end of next week and plenty of much needed rain showing as well. In fact all the way out to the end of the run there’s plenty of the wet stuff about. 

And about time too!

Two or three more days of this nonsense and then back normal.

Three months of virtually unbroken sunshine and drought is quite enough.

A good drenching is what we need for a few weeks,lead us nicely into autumn. Bliss.

Edited by Wimbledon88
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A gorgeous Sunday afternoon with only a few tufts of cloud and a light southerly breeze. 29c here which is similar to many locations in the region.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
20 minutes ago, shotski said:

just in time to ruin my melons, i will post the photo of them in here later

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
7 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

just in time to ruin my melons, i will post the photo of them in here later

Nothing worse than soggy melons Lassie. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Wimbledon88 said:

And about time too!

Two or three more days of this nonsense and then back normal.

Three months of virtually unbroken sunshine and drought is quite enough.

A good drenching is what we need for a few weeks,lead us nicely into autumn. Bliss.

If it could wait until after the school holidays that would be great. 

I run clubs for kids and we rely on outdoor activities to keep them fit & healthy and embracing the outdoors - 8 months of the year we are usually cooped up indoors thanks to the foul british weather. 

It may be nonsense for you but it certainly isn’t for me and my team. 

3 months of unbroken sunshine? Have you been living in Dubai? 

A week of rain to help farmers would be great but wishing us away into autumn on 5th August - no thanks!!! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Tomorrow looks like an absolute belter of a day with near unbroken sunshine with temperatures getting to 30c widely, i would also comnent that temperatures tonight won't be too warm amd humid either (12-15c).

Just the risk of temperatures creeping into the very hot and oppressive category and add to that the real risk of elevated storms pushing towards us from France that evening. Both could not happen if we see the typical eastwards corrections at the short range.

The rest of the week looks mostly dry and pleasant with temperatures in the low to mid twenties.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Tomorrow looks like an absolute belter of a day with near unbroken sunshine with temperatures getting to 30c widely, i would also comnent that temperatures tonight won't be too warm amd humid either (12-15c).

Just the risk of temperatures creeping into the very hot and oppressive category and add to that the real risk of elevated storms pushing towards us from France that evening. Both could not happen if we see the typical eastwards corrections at the short range.

The rest of the week looks mostly dry and pleasant with temperatures in the low to mid twenties.

Have a Canoe lesson tomorrow afternoon up at cadlecotte MK for the under 12s 

Going to be a belter of a day.... sunshine, warmth and water = bliss 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 hours ago, shotski said:

Sounds like absolute hell to me. If that ‘cold side of the jet stream’ vileness could hold off until September, wonderful

Meanwhile, another stunner of a day here in Salisbury, reached 28C with loads of sunshine. What a summer!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Had a leisurely walk down to Sainsbury's at Lee Green this morning, with the wife. Soon became hot and walking around the cool supermarket, was a welcome relief!! 

Had my "obligatory", afternoon nap, slept for about two and a half hours, bit longer than normal but was very tired, after so many sleepless nights, due to bedroom being uncomfortably warm!!

Really was disorientated when I woke up, didn't think it was Sunday, as we rarely do any food shopping on this day!!Just had a fantastic meal of penne, with chicken, reduced calorie bacon, Mediterranean veg., with light Philly cheese, mixed in, followed a lovely piece of refreshing, cheesecake. :give_rose:Delicious!!   :clap: It was a "Slimming World" recipe but not the cheesecake, of course!!  :nonono:

Colleywobbles (Colette) is a fantastic cook but very modest with it, to the point of not realising, how good she is!! It was really light and "Summery" and hasn't left me feeling stuffed, especially after the cheesecake!!

Can't face going to bed early tonight, in our "sauna", of a bedroom!! Really hoping for this mid-week cool down, now. Hope the models don't do a last minute, "backtrack". I for one, will be dancing in our drought-ridden garden, once the rain comes, as long as it's not accompanied by thunder, of course!! :nonono:

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

A week of rain to help farmers would be great but wishing us away into autumn on 5th August - no thanks!!! 

I doubt any farmer who hasn't got their wheat/rapeseed harvest in yet would agree with that.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Sitting in the garden with a glass of chilled white wine and toes in the dog’s paddling pool. A much nicer evening with; currently 26C with much lower humidity than of late. Bliss.  Pity the sun sets so early now (photo taken 35 minutes ago). 

Lawn’s looking good......

B991460D-D8B1-445F-8F9C-87124D439A9D.jpeg

636FC588-6DBA-49A4-B6B4-0A3EB21A7229.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

What a day today! ‘Only’ 27oC here but with low humidity was so comfortable. Evening is already cool so sleeping will be no probs. Perfect summers day for me today 

Edited by c00ps
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Soaring Hawk said:

Sitting in the garden with a glass of chilled white wine and toes in the dog’s paddling pool. A much nicer evening with; currently 26C with much lower humidity than of late. Bliss.  Pity the sun sets so early now (photo taken 35 minutes ago). 

Lawn’s looking good......

B991460D-D8B1-445F-8F9C-87124D439A9D.jpeg

636FC588-6DBA-49A4-B6B4-0A3EB21A7229.jpeg

It’s a lovely evening. 

Low humidity and clears skies. 

Sitting in garden with my dogs having a chilled beer.... cheers to summer 2018 - you have been wonderful 

• Like 2